PDA

View Full Version : Switch guard

P1IC
05-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Anyone have any ideas about the guard flap that covers some Korry switches, like eg. the battery switch? I'll be making my own pushbutton switches but I think these covers will defeat me. Anyone successfully built any of these?

Michael Carter
05-15-2009, 09:28 PM
Mouser Electronics sells them. I'm not positive they are the approved item, you'll have to check the on-line catalog.

The other source of course, is Korry or one of their distributors.

Nothing can defeat you unless you let it.

Geremy Britton
05-16-2009, 06:03 AM
Mike, are you referring to the clear plastic spring loaded square covers for the korry indicators?

Because i'd be interested in knowing where to get those also. :)

P1IC
05-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Mike, are you referring to the clear plastic spring loaded square covers for the korry indicators?

Because i'd be interested in knowing where to get those also. :)

Yep, these are the ones I was referring to in my post. Michael is correct, you can get them, in many flavours, at Mouser. A bit expensive for a dod of plastic with a spring, IMHO. Considering the push switches I got on eBay were $0.20 each and the cost of casting a switchtop comes in at $0.20, with two LEDs at $0.04 each including dropping resistors, I'm a bit unhappy about spending $5 on a cover!

But then, see, I'm Scottish :D and I'm trying to build a 767 pit as cheaply as possible by designing and building all my own interfaces including software and hardware.

The journey is as important as the destination, Glasshoppah. (Showing my age, there)