PDA

View Full Version : Dual SIOC

Oter3
05-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Hello.

I hope to see some wise words about running two sioc ini-files and scripts on the same pc, as this is made possible in the latest sioc versions.
It works in my “engineering PC” which is a setup for “cut and try”.

But is it wise to use this procedure in the final installation on the
“big server”?
I do hope so since the scripts already has grown very long!
Are there rules for line numbering and ini-file configuration?

This matter is not a problem.
I just believe that someone with experience would feel like doing some SIOC weekend small talk!
Regards
Nils.

nricky
05-15-2009, 02:00 AM
Hi Nils

You can run am few sioc files on one computer you only have to change the port in the SIOC.in, that is all you have to do. Than you can run the sioc.exe.

More questions just ask.

Cheers Norbert

barkay
05-22-2009, 02:14 AM
Nils,

Why do you need to run more than one sioc in the same computer? Are you talking about specific small programs that runs the specific cards? (like USBDC motors or IOCModules) If this is the case you can define all of them in SIOC and it runs them perfectly well. So it is much easier to keep your script tidy and in one pieces.

Please clarify the question.

Best Regards,

barkay

Oter3
05-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Ok, let’s try to rewrite the question.
I would like to know what experiences users have with two scripts on one PC.

I can’t find that OC have written anything in the matter, but I could be wrong.

About why. I simply find it easy and safe to separate my experimental scripts from a long and good script which is working. And when testing still having the option to run the whole system.

The rule: don’t fix or disturb when not ..... :)

Regards
Nils

barkay
05-22-2009, 04:31 PM
OK in this case the answer is NO. You can not run to consecutive codes at the same time. However you can keep your experimental code and the real code with different names as .ssi files and change the file to be loaded from SIOC.ini file everytime you want to switch between them.

Regards,

barkay

kiek
05-25-2009, 03:54 AM
About why. I simply find it easy and safe to separate my experimental scripts from a long and good script which is working. And when testing still having the option to run the whole system.

Are you aware of the SIOC possibility to build up your program with multiple SIOC scripts? Imho that is a very good alternative for your question...
Use the Group interface of Config_sioc.exe.

One SIOC instance per PC is much more efficient.

regards,
Nico

Oter3
05-25-2009, 05:17 PM
Tank’s for good advice.
I will act accordingly.
I am familiar with the Group interface,
it works with no problem.

Regards
Nils