PDA

View Full Version : Multiple monitors setup

bubbapat
05-08-2009, 09:15 AM
I just set up my first home flight simulator. I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 260, Video Card with 2 DVI outputs. My first video out is hooked up to a Triple head 2Go, which works great, and the 2nd is hooked up to a separate 17" monitor. Does anyone know the correct way to set the 17" monitor to display the 2D cockpit instument panel? Is this done through the Nvidia Multiple monitor set-up, or through the computer's control panel. Does anyone have a similar setup? Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Thank in advance.

warvet
05-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Bubba heres a tip for you may want to try the search function in the forum here because this subject has been discussed many different times also you may come across info that will help you even further in other questions that may come up. I know it seems alot easier to post the question and just wait for the answer, but honestly in being in this hobby for a decade and being a member of this forum from pretty much day 1 you'd be absolutely amazed at the incredible bank of info we have collected over the years on this and many subjects. Try searching multiple monitors or multiple monitor 17" etc try those first you'll be surprised at what you discover. No matter what you'll always find someone willing to answer your question in post as a lat resort no matter what , just thought you may want to see what others have posted first.JMO

Tim
A10 Thunderbolt II
(former) A343

m_gansler
06-16-2009, 06:05 PM
I assume you are using MSFS. I use ALT-ENTER to go to windowed-view. Right click to undock screens, drag them to the other 17" LCD, ALT-ENTER to return to Full Screen, drag the edges of each view to maximize on each screen, and you're in good shape. You probably have your answer by now anyhow, but just thought I'd mention it.

Mike

jmig
06-17-2009, 07:55 AM
I assume you are using MSFS. I use ALT-ENTER to go to windowed-view. Right click to undock screens, drag them to the other 17" LCD, ALT-ENTER to return to Full Screen, drag the edges of each view to maximize on each screen, and you're in good shape. You probably have your answer by now anyhow, but just thought I'd mention it.

Mike
One other thing on this. I believe if you then save the flight, you can come back to this same setup the next time you fly the airplane.