PDA

View Full Version : Help with Flight Illusion EGT gauge & PM

Daveanne
04-30-2009, 06:32 PM
I have recently received my brand new Flight Illusion CIM interface and a Boeing Overhead EGT gauge.
Installed hardware drivers and software, and the gauge works fine under test, but it doesn't work with PMDG, because it can't be assigned.
So have downloaded pmSystems software and that all connects to PMDG through WideFS.
All good....... so far

However there appears to be a big hole in the instructions?

Can someone, (preferably that has done this already), direct me to a step by step guide on how to set up an EGT gauge using as above so it works?

Hope someone can help, somebody must have done this already, or have I wasted £300.00????

Daveanne

carlos hermida
04-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Hi,

Take a look at Ivar reply at this thread below. Expect that helps you :D

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12912&page=2

xlonglife
05-01-2009, 04:10 AM
Did I read you right saying that you have PMSystems working with PMDG?

How did you get that to work? have you deleted PMDG panels?

Trevor Hale
05-01-2009, 08:06 AM
Did I read you right saying that you have PMSystems working with PMDG?

How did you get that to work? have you deleted PMDG panels?

I have PMSYSTEMS working with my PMDG, but yes, that means I deleted the PMDG Panels and instruments.

Trev

Daveanne
05-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree?

But I only intend using 'pmSystems' for the overhead not all of it, just in demo mode at present, but does anyone know the cost of this module?

Or will it take over the whole thing?

Don't realy want to do that, just want the bloody gauges to work........?

:-))

Daveanne

xlonglife
05-01-2009, 03:33 PM
PM Systems is 399 Euro

PM prices available via http://www.projectmagenta.com/direct.html

Steve

Daveanne
05-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Steve, thanks for the info about the price.

Look like I bought the wrong thing, such a waste of £300.00 too........!

You are right of course it does work, using PMsystems and the gauge is found and by clicking the APU start switch on the PM GUI the gauge moves up to where it should be.

The only problem is PM systems takes over the whole damn thing, I can't seam to find a tutorial anywhere on how to assign switches to Physical switches through an interface.

The instructions say "through a suitable interface", which one?

I have never known such a product as PMsystems for absolutely useless instructions on how to get the thing working, it goes along with Flight Illusion, they say it needs PM, but doesn't tell you how to couple it up...?

Thanks to you guys on hear, at least I was able to couple it to PM and see it working, thats about all its going to do.

Anyone want a GS-55 interface and APU EGT gauge (brand new) for £250.00?

Very dissapointed, Daveanne.

Jan737
05-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Hi Daveanne

You have a Personal message.

Best regards

Jan Geurtsen