PDA

View Full Version : TH2GO and 2 large LCD tv's

Flying_Dutchman
04-28-2009, 08:14 AM
Hi,

Anyone tried a setup for outside visuals using the Matrox TH2GO (in dual mode) and two large (80-100 cm) LCD TV's?

We're thinking about replacing our 3 old 19" TFT's with this nice solution, but have no clue if it's a good idea.
Our main questions are:

- Do we need more than one GPU or is one fast GPU good enough?
- What kind of GPU is needed?
- What kind of LCD tv is the best for gaming?

We know there are people out there using projectors, but that seems to be quite costly compared to using LCD's

Any help appreciated

Rgds,
Benno

Michael Carter
04-28-2009, 08:35 AM
Whatever TV you decide upon, make sure it has a PC mode so that image processing will be turned off.

Flying_Dutchman
06-01-2009, 07:19 AM
Well, finally bought the two LCD's
Samsungs, 37" , Full HD, huge screens!

One little problem....
LCD on the videocard, no problem
LCD on the TH2GO, no image
computer LCD on TH2GO, no problem

What am I doing wrong?
TV's are on game mode and have perfect image when connected directly to videocard. (GTX295, Vista X64)
But we need the TH2GO for the spread image.

Rgds,
Benno

MartinK
06-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Hi Benno,

I had posted a response already to your reply in the other thread before I found this one.

Anyway, there is a bit more info on your TV here so, I did a bit of surfing.

First, here is the list of pixel mode the TH2GO will support:

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/th2go/resolution/digital/resolutions.html

From the description in your message I am assuming the TV you have are
Samsung LE37B652. I have looked at the manual and there are a few things that I would look at in your situation.

As said in my other message the TV is probably set for 1920 x 1080. Well, that's not supported by the TH2GO. However, from what I read in the Samsung manual, if you use the HDMI 3 connector then it will recognize a DVI device (which is exactly what we want!!!) and also do some autosensing. The TV does have quite a list of supported pixel rates.
The thing that worries me a bit (unless I am misreading things) is that it says in the manual you will need to set windows in the 1920 x 1080 mode (see page number 19) then on the next page it explains how to setup the TV for Auto adjustment (as they call it) but on the notes it says: this function is not supported in DVI-HDMI mode!!!

So, bottom-line: preferably you would want to get the PC to auto-sense (or auto adjust) but if not possible fix to 1024 x 768 which is a mode that is definately supported by the TH2GO.

Long story, but I sure hope this helps cause you would get a wondeful outside view with 2 monster TV like that.

Let me and don't hestitate to contact me.

Cheers,

Martin

Pegaso
09-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Greetings
i have a project to build a simulator in my work, and have a budget of $ 12.000 for buy 5 lcd of 42" or 5 projetors for systems visual
Which is the best option?

Very thanks

BHawthorne
09-10-2009, 01:50 AM
Greetings
i have a project to build a simulator in my work, and have a budget of $ 12.000 for buy 5 lcd of 42" or 5 projetors for systems visual
Which is the best option?

Very thanks

3 projectors and Sol7 for screen correction. Things get a lot more expensive when you start adding in more than 3 projectors to the design.

Pegaso
09-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Very thanks for yuor help,but the money no problem, 'm looking for realism, good quality images and sound immersion, to accomplish this "
which is better projectors or lcd 42 "?

BHawthorne
09-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Definitely projector. Also, ATI just launched a new series of video cards today with a new feature called EyeFinity. This will allow you to span up to 6 displays/projectors for use in-game. EyeFinity will make the Matrox TH2G no longer needed.

Use EyeFinity and 5 1080p projectors and you'll have quite the impressive projection setup.

jer166
12-20-2009, 12:40 PM
What is the best projector you can suggest? Should I use a computer for each projector or triple head to go? Which one gives best results? Thanks for your input.

Sean Nixon
12-20-2009, 02:46 PM
What is the best projector you can suggest?

That depends on your budget. This will dictate resolution, brightness, etc. You will almost certainly need a short throw projector, which narrows down the list somewhat. Have a look on a suppliers website and compare several short throw (ST) projectors in your price range. I think you'll be happy with any 'branded' manufacturers projector. Their specs are actually quite similar. Don't forget lamp life and replacement costs. Again, they are quite similar, generally.

Should I use a computer for each projector or triple head to go?

I would go TH2G. Eliminates WidevieW.

Which one gives best results?

I'm not sure. I'm at the same stage as you on this, so watching this thread closely.

Sean