PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Control Alternative for Phidgets

diegov
04-27-2009, 07:33 AM
Hello Fellow Cockpit builders,

Like all of you FS2phidget users I am sadden by the news of Alans departure from his fantastic FS2Phidget project. His program has made my cockpit come alive and i am very greatful for it.

In the interim I had been working on a dedicated Application to control my throttles. In particular to take advantage of some of the new properties Phidgets have made available. I did not want to burden Alan with my requests so I would thought i would give it a crack myself.

I have written a program called AutoThrottle X, which drives my Throttle Servos.

While the program has been writen for phidgets it is limited to the ServoCard and the moment and will never be a full replacement for the fantastic fs2phidget.

It is programmed to power the servos only when the A/T switch is ARMed and it also detects when the throttles are in a stopped position and then disengages them to reduce the wear on the servo.

This setup removes the requirement for a relay card to cut power to the servos which is great.

At the moment it is very limited in what it works with, but since this community has given me so much, i am happy to share it around if someone would like.

I still need to clean it up quite a bit, but in its first revision it will be limited to a 737 tested in FSX and only work with the default FS autopilot arm switch...

Ive attached a video so you can all see the progress..

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zf8vnc

It shows the application talking via FSUIPC and the commanding of the throttle remotely and the result on the physical throttles. You can also see me move the throttle by hand without cutting power to the servo.

Cheers from Sydney, Australia

Diego

Wendy
04-27-2009, 10:27 AM
Hi Diego,

Looks like we are mentally connected are something like that...

Actually I was working this weekend on the same piece of software, just like you engage and disengage the servos so that no relais are necessary, and still be able to move the levers when AutoThrottle is off.

It is currently working for 1 lever (servo).

I'm leaving this week on holidays, so finishing will be when I come back.

Regards, Wendy

diegov
04-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Hi Wendy,

There you go. Thats great news. I have the throttles succesfully tracking the flight simulator autothrottles at the moment.

I was working on a piece to auto calibrate the throttles, by sensing voltage and the stop state of the servos with varied success. Let me know how you go with your project.

After i have the throttles working, ill be looking at getting the Trim wheels working with the Phidget HC motor card, so i can provide varying levels of acceleration to the trim wheel.

Regards

Diego

Wendy
04-28-2009, 01:31 AM
Hi Diego,

Autoconfiguration is indeed a nice feature. I think I'll stay with manual configuration.

I was also planning to incorporate the trim indicator because recent Phidget cards have 8 motors. Still have to do the tests.

Mine is currently also moving the throttles under Autothrottle control.

What language are you writing in ? I'm using Delphi.

Regards, Wendy

mauriceb
04-28-2009, 07:41 AM
It is programmed to power the servos only when the A/T switch is ARMed and it also detects when the throttles are in a stopped position and then disengages them to reduce the wear on the servo.

This setup removes the requirement for a relay card to cut power to the servos which is great.

Hello Diego,

This functionality is great, and eliminating the relay card would be very nice, but only if you can also add the other variables in this picture. By that I mean that the A/T switch by itself does nothing special except arm the throttle so that they are ready to be controlled when one of the speed modes is selected.

If you just arm the A/T, you should also be able to move the throttles manually until you are ready to actually engage the A/T by selecting one of the speed modes. So I'm pretty sure you need some other logic in there to do that.

So if you can combine your software with the logic functionality available with Phidgets, or by adding that to your own program somehow, you would have solved this vexing A/T problem once & for all :-). And this could also be very useful for the spoiler deployment. ;)

Maurice

Wendy
04-28-2009, 08:13 AM
Hi Maurice,

In my case, activating the AutoThrottle without N1 or the Speed button active does nothing at all. The levers start to move with AutoThrottle active and N1 or the Speed button pressed. That is for the default 737NG FSX.

When autothrottle is active together with for example N1 active and you switch of AutoThrottle then N1 becomes inactive as well. So I think it does the job correct.

Of course I can only speak for the utility I am programming so I let Diego respond for himself.

Regards, Wendy

mauriceb
04-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Hi Maurice,

In my case, activating the AutoThrottle without N1 or the Speed button active does nothing at all. The levers start to move with AutoThrottle active and N1 or the Speed button pressed. That is for the default 737NG FSX.

Hi Wendy,

That's great & did you incorporate the VNAV function as well in your logic (A/T controlled by VNAV) ?

Thanks,
Maurice

Wendy
04-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Maurice,

Well I have to correct my previous post. Just tested in my setup and it seems that when autothrottle is engaged, without N1 or Speed active, that you cannot move the levers manually.

So I think you're right and need to implement the N1 and Speed buttons. Not sure for the moment which variables that are in FSUIPC.

Regards, Wendy

diegov
04-28-2009, 09:23 PM
@Wendy,

Im currently using c++ builder, but am thinking of porting it to MS Visual C++ after i finish my first version. The code currently looks like spaghetti and it will give me a chance to clean it up during the rewrite.

@Maurice

My setup is only setup for A/T arm at the moment.. Setting it to power when A/T and Speed are selecting should be easy enough to do. Out of curiousity, is the the real behaviour of a 737?

As for N1, i believe there is no FSUIPC offset for this. The best I can probably do is have the logic look at TOGA...

Im just in the final stages of finalising the autocalibrate routine and also some save setting routine.. Once that is done i will look at the the ARM/SPEED/N1 logic and report back.

Cheers

Diego

Hessel Oosten
04-29-2009, 05:23 AM
Guy's,

Just to mention that all is possible with OpenCockpits cards and software.
You know it, but couldn't resist to mention it.

An extensive example of "ready to use code ..:-)" for even different aircraft (!) is already here:

http://www.simhard.eu.tt/

Hessel

diegov
04-29-2009, 06:03 AM
Maurice,

I need to correct my previous post. FSX does have an N1 offset. Logic now is so servos are powered when A/T is armed AND N1 hold or SPEED hold or TOGA is active.

Cheers
Diego

mauriceb
04-29-2009, 06:08 AM
Maurice,

I need to correct my previous post. FSX does have an N1 offset. Logic now is so servos are powered when A/T is armed AND N1 hold or SPEED hold or TOGA is active.

Cheers
Diego

You also need the VNAV selection to enable the A/T as well since selecting VNAV clears the speed selection on the MCP.

Maurice

Wendy
04-29-2009, 06:59 AM
Hi Diego,

Can you tell me the N1 and Speed buttons FSUIPC offsets ?

Regards Wendy

Melnato
04-29-2009, 07:22 AM
These are form the Advanced FSUIPC user guide, hope it means
something to the software guru's...:)

2019 PM MCP A/T on
2020 PM MCP A/T off
2021 PM MCP THR mode button (N1)
2022 PM MCP SPD mode button
2023 PM MCP Mach/IAS sel
2024 PM MCP FLCH mode button
2025 PM MCP HDG mode button
2026 PM MCP VNAV mode button
2027 PM MCP LNAV mode button

Nat

PS Thanks for the effort in this area, its been bugging me for years...

Wendy
04-29-2009, 07:43 AM
Diego,

I already found the offsets.

For anyone who is interested:

07DC = AP Airspeed holt
07EC = AP V/S Hold
080C = AP TOGA
07F4 = AP RPM Hold (N1)

Regards, Wendy

diegov
05-01-2009, 06:49 AM
Guys,

Here is a copy of the program.. Please note.. All care but no responsibilty when running it! Ill try my best to assist with any issues, but unfortunately i cannot really support it....

http://www.sendspace.com/file/153z9b

@Maurice, Vnav is not provided by the default FSX MCP AFAIK, you must use project magenta?

@Nat, The settings you have provided are PM specific, which i dont own. I might be able to download the demo at a later stage and try to make it compatible.

Please read the readme.txt, There are a few caveats with this first version such as throttle 1 and 2 must be on servo input 0 and 1 respectively and a few others

Hope someone finds it useful. Ill be looking at adding the trim indicator and trim wheel control to the program soon.

Cheers

Diego

Melnato
05-01-2009, 07:27 AM
Thanks heaps Diego. Would love to try it but my Sim is running PM.

Would it be hard to do a version for PM MCP?;) Please:)

Cheers,

Nat

diegov
05-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Nat,

Try this and report back if you can:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/54ndcv

Hopefully now with PM support :roll:

Melnato
05-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks Diego! I am in the middle of re-configuring my comps,
hopefully get to test it by end of weekend...

Nat

diegov
05-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Great Nat,

Thanks. Im working on the same for the spoiler handle now and i've just exposed the velocity and acceleration values of the card so they are configurable. I'll also be adding a BITE test for the throttles. So if you can let me know whether the PM stuff works or what is missing.. that would be great.

Thanks

Diego

Melnato
05-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Diego...Had an error as soon a s I fired it up.
Is it because I have the "4 servo card" and not the advance 8 motor????

http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=3980&ppuser=1951

Nat

diegov
05-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Hi Nat,

Ouch.. thats a nasty error. That actual error is probably an exception i havent handled then which i have now fixed. Looks like the program hadnt connected to WideFS first before trying to retrieve some FSUIPC data... But either way... yes... unfortunately it will only work with an AdvancedServo8 card. There are acceleration and velocity properties which are not available on the standard servo card... Sorry about that mate...

Any chance you'll be upgrading to an AdvanceServo8 anytime soon?

I can look at putting in standard servo support.. but that will take a while as the code calls AdvanceServo8 api exclusively for all function. I would have to create my own functions when calling servo commands and within those functions distringuish what APIs to call for which servo card... again it will take a while.....

Sorry again.. BTW love your SIM.. seen the picks on the FDS site and it would be an honor to see my proggy diving your throttles one day :)

Diego

Melnato
05-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks heaps mate.

Im thinking of trying to write some logic variables with the existing card
to achieve the power inhibit conditions....if that doesn't work Ill have to
"upgrade"...again:)

Dont stress too much and thanks for your efforts!

Nat

Michel81
05-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Hello cockpit builders

Quote:
----------------------------------------------
Nat, Try this and report back if you can:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/54ndcv

Hopefully now with PM support
----------------------------------------------

I've tried the software and had an error during startup.
"Could not open phidgets library"

when phidget is running or not.

I'm using the advanced card in combination with PM.

Hope that you can fix this problem (soon)

ty
Michèl

diegov
05-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Michèl,

Try this version:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ned16t

and make sure you are using the latest library:

Phidget-x86_2.1.6.20090430

There seems to be a problem with older librarys and my proggy.

Cheers

Diego

Michel81
05-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Hello Diego,

I've installed the newest phidget library and run the program with succes. :p TYVM Finally I can disengage the A/T and control the throttle manually. Again TYVM

Only VNAV mode does not control the throttle levers. Is it possible to program this in the logic.
1.) A/T armed and
2.) mode N1 or Speed or VNAV
Then engage the servo

- MCP software PM: VNAV_output offset 04F0 (part 14 of bitmap)

Maybe you can also implement the spoiler in the program to servo 2.

Thanks,

Michel

diegov
05-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Hey Michèl,

your welcome. Im glad it works for you. :) Yes i will have a look at the PM vnav setting. I am currently working on the spoiler deployment and soon will build it so i can run my interfacekit from it as well.. I will post a new update when i have it developed a little further.

Thanks

Diego

Michel81
05-07-2009, 04:29 AM

I'm looking forward to see your new update.

Michèl

ps I did not need FS2Phidget for the autothrottle to function. It runs with your software only. Right?
And the advanced servo card is not attached in FS2Phidget when I start up FS2Phidget after DVATXv103.

diegov
05-16-2009, 05:09 AM
Ok, here is another update which should respond to PM's Vnav setting, also added servo spoiler support (but have not tested this thoroughly)

Also taken a big step and added support for the interfacekit card to read your pot sensors and interact with FS.

The ini file defines the control (ie throttle 1), offset, sensor value, max and min settings etc...

By default:

Throttle 1 connects to sensor input 0
Throttle 2 connects to sensor input 1
Throttle 3 Reverser connects to sensor input 2
Throttle 4 Reverser connects to sensor input 3
Spoiler connects to sensor input 5

No support for Throttle and reverser on same pot at the moment.

Flaps, Digital input and output and more fine tuning to come soon.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e7wv6p

Cheers

Diego

Michel81
05-18-2009, 08:52 AM
VNAV mode is working. TYVM

I have also tried the spoiler lever but had some problems with it. The servo is engaged immediately in armed position. How does it work/function in other sims? Is it the calibration in FSUIPC or a bug in the software?

:cool: Michèl :cool:

Michel81
06-11-2009, 05:51 AM
Hello diegov

Already solved the problems?
Can you upload the most recent version of the throttle controller?
Or maybe it's possible to upload the source code?

TYVM

Michèl

diegov
06-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Hi Michèl,

I have not given up on this.. Still need to work on the spoiler logic. Ive also added digital inputs which can be configured to trigger things such as autopilot disconnect/toga/and park break, but as it is End of financial year in australia ive been very busy at work.. Ill upload something in a couple of weeks...

Cheers

Diego

Michel81
06-19-2009, 09:21 AM
Hello diegov

TY for the update about your progress. I'm looking forward to see the improvements. Keep up the good work. :D and take your time.

Michèl

diegov
07-12-2009, 04:14 AM
Okay fellow cockpit builders..

Dont know who is following the progress but here is a quick update:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cue680

Ive added Digital Input sensing. You must configure this manually from within the ini file itself but it is pretty simple.. I've left my setting in there as a sample. It controls fuel cuttoff, toga button, at disarm button and park break. Also hard coded park brake light to light up on Digital output 0. This is again "HARD CODED" and not modifyable so you must connect your LED to digi output 0 for it to work.

Also updated spoiler deploy routine. Hopefully the spoiler can now be moved freely when attached to the servo and it will only fire when it is armed and the spoiler moves all the way to deploy on landing. I cant really test this as i am still to connect my spoiler lever.

Soon to come will be flaps and trim wheel control.

Have fun.. And please let me know if anyone is finding this tool useful, if not i will stop posting it and wasting space in the mycockpit sql database with my posts.

:)

Diego (YSSY)

Potrohkocsonya
07-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Hi Diegov,

Very nice and useful piece of software.
Thanks much for it.
Two questions if you don't mind:

1. If I disable the throttle entries in the .ini file, it still works, so are the offsets hard-coded as you said so.
But which are the hard-coded offsets you used for throttles?
088C or 089A and 0924 or 0932 ?

2. Could you explain a bit the VELOCITY and ACCELERATION values in the ini?

regards
Potroh

xtreme3d
07-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Hi Diego,

Thank you very much for taking some of your time to help us out. I am following your progress closely. This is an amazing and useful software. Please do not give up on this since some of us are really in need of it. Keep us updated and take care.

Regards,

Pedro

diegov
07-29-2009, 07:56 AM
Hi Gents,

Thanks for the gratitude. Ill make sure i post future updates.

@Potroh. I have hardcoded 088C and 0924 as the offset the servos will use to respond to engine values. The offsets in the ini file are used to write the pot value to fsuipc for engines 1 and 2.

VELOCITY controls the speed of the servos when moving back and forth. ACCELERATION is how quick the velocity is reached, if that makes sense. Playing around with the setting may make your throttles smoother or jerkier. The values in the ini give me smooth movement.

Ive just purchased additional sensor cables for my flap pot, a servo for my spoiler and the phidget motor card for my trim wheels. Hopefully will have another update for you guys in a few weeks...

Cheers

Diego

diegov
08-05-2009, 02:43 AM
Hi Gents.

Here is a fairly big update!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/79xt1q

Ive added FLAPS :) Just use the flap configure button under the sensor configuration page and define the flap ranges for each notch.. Make sure your ranges do not overlap. My proggy does not check for overlapping ranges.

Also if you have a phidgets motor card... your trim wheels will move back and forth :) The motor must be connected to the motor 0 input of the card.

I think the program is pretty functional at this stage and can be used to replace fs2phidget for 737 throttles.

There is some tweaking still to do, but i think all functions are mostly covered.

I still need to implement trim indication on a servo output, but that should be to hard.

Please review my ini file for setting information and examples...

Enjoy

Diego

Melnato
08-05-2009, 05:38 AM
This is a question not just for for Diego, but anyone playing with 737 TQ's...

Has anyone been able to successfully control DC motors to drive the levers
in auto-throttle mode???
Using Phidgets Motor card I can get them to move back and forth,
BUT they don't really know what position they are in...they just go back and forth....

Nat

Potrohkocsonya
08-05-2009, 08:25 AM
I have hardcoded 088C and 0924 as the offset the servos will use to respond to engine values. The offsets in the ini file are used to write the pot value to fsuipc for engines 1 and 2.

Hi Diego,

Just a humble question: would it be possible to change (optionally) these hard-coded ones to configurable variables?
Asking, because for instance in my case I would simply need the other two available offsets, as my actual throttle pots are connected to a very different system.

thanks and regards
Potroh

mauriceb
08-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Has anyone been able to successfully control DC motors to drive the levers
in auto-throttle mode???
Using Phidgets Motor card I can get them to move back and forth,
BUT they don't really know what position they are in...they just go back and forth....

Nat

I would think this is not possible. You need some sort of feedback mechanism so that the driving software knows where the motor shaft is positioned and that is not available in a straight DC motor (or AC for that matter). That is why either servos or stepping motors are required since the shaft rotation can be controlled accurately.

Another problem with DC motors is that they don't normally stop instantly, so it would be rather hard to position them accurately even if you could devise some feedback mechanism.

But I could be wrong :D

Maurice

diegov
08-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Hi Gents,

Nat, AFAIK Maurice is correct. For DC motors some sort of encoder device would be required to provide position information to the computer controlling the motor. You would need to use something like an optical encoder or i guess you could use a POT to feedback on the position of the throttles.

@Potroh, Your request should be fairly easy to implement. Ill get it done on the next release!

Cheers

Diego

xtreme3d
08-05-2009, 08:15 PM
Hi Diego,

Thank you x 2!!! I really appreciate your hard work.

Regards,

Pedro

Potrohkocsonya
08-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Hi Gents,
@Potroh, Your request should be fairly easy to implement. Ill get it done on the next release!

Diego,

Sounds wonderful!
Eagerly waiting...

thanks in advance
Potroh

Melnato
08-07-2009, 01:19 AM
Thanks Diego and Mau....was just hoping for a miracle:smile:

Nat

HELIO
08-07-2009, 10:37 PM
hi if you looking for or know anybody who needs a motion platform I have one a 2 dof for sell.
Thanks
Helio

Philb737
08-09-2009, 06:07 AM
I'm in the same boat Nat!!! I'll keep you posted if any solutions arise !! :idea:

Melnato
08-09-2009, 07:34 AM
Thanks Phil...Ill hold you to it:)

There must be a way...

Nat

diegov
08-18-2009, 10:21 PM
Hi Guys,

I placed another version into the mycockpit file library. It is under phidgets.

Ive added the ability to specify the fsuipc offset reference for the throttle servos..

Also modified the trim wheel code to provide high and low rotation modes depending on the flap settings.. Thanks to Nat for the info :)

Also modified the code so trim wheel spin at intervals rather than countinously.

If you use sim-avionics like me then you can modify the INI file to detect A/T settings for the sim-avionics MCP.. Please read the readme.txt

Cheers

Diego

Potrohkocsonya
08-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Diego,

The new version is great, works perfectly, many thanks.
Just one question: where do you save the calibration data?

regards
Potroh

diegov
08-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Hi Potroh,

All calibration data is saved in the dvatx.ini file.. under min= max= values..

Actually Ive just found a bug in the proggy where the trim wheel doesnt work correctly when the motorcard and interfacecard are plugged in together.. But Ive fixed that...

Ive also added the auto retraction of the spoiler/speedbrake once the plane has touched down and throttle is applied... Will update in the library soon.

:)

Cheers

Diego

Michel81
09-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Hello diegov, (I'm back from my vacation)

I have installed the new version but it does not work properly. Only with the calibration slider I can control the levers. Trimwheel does nothing.

The cockpit is from flightdecksolutions and I'm using project magenta.

PROJECTMAGENTA=1

For the throttle quadrant I have the advancedServo8 card and the Phidget Motor Card but not the Interface 8/8/8 card. Our interface with the throttle quadrant is the BU0836 card.

Another question about controlling a wiper DC motor of a Fiat Cinquecento with the High Current Motor card. Does the card have enough power with the phidgets adapter? The DC motor was already installed in the throttle quadrant.

TYVM

Michèl

V1.10 does not work (no throttle (only manual), spoiler and trimwheel)
V1.05 controls the throttle levers very good (but no spoiler and trimwheel control)

diegov
09-15-2009, 03:25 AM
Michel,

Try this:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/asd58k

There are some bugs in v1.10.. i havent fully tested this new version, but let me know how it goes.

I dont have PM so i also didnt test that component on the latest builds.. If it doesnt work with PM please try with the default MCP and let me know. This new version also contains spoiler logic to move the handle back to down when you apply throttles on the ground. The Phidget HC cards requires seperate power to power the DC motor. The DC motor is isolated from the USB power.

Diego

dnoize
09-15-2009, 04:06 AM
Thanks Phil...Ill hold you to it:)

There must be a way...

Nat

There IS a way to control dc motors and have feedback.

There is a file in the download library by PDG737. He has built his own throttle using dc motors with feedback. You can find a video in the videolibrary with me flying his sim.

He is currently motorizing my real 200 throttle.

We are using a small pcb from Conrad. you connect a dc motor and a feedback pot to it, and the pcb is connected to a servo card. So in fact your computer thinks its driving a servo, but it is driving a dc motor. Clutch connected to the dc motor and you can push through the lever position. When released the lever will go back to the assigned position.

A schematic of his system can be found here:
http://www.mycockpit.org/fileshare/showentry.php?e=306&catid=27

This does mean you can not use a dc motors interface but have to use a servo card.

Stef

farrokh747
09-16-2009, 01:30 AM
hi diego - thanks for the work on the AT -

I've been using FS2P to drive my throttles using a DC motor and a hacked HiTec servo - details are here - using this rig, one can use any DC motor upto 28VDC

details here: http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14926

will try and post a video sometime soon

Farrokh

Kitsok
09-16-2009, 01:49 AM
Hello all!

We have DC motors too and what we're trying to do now is to write a simple application that reads (via FSUIPC) actual levers position (read through the FS2Phidgets and 8/8/8 card), desired position (from another variable) and puts the difference to the third variable, which is linked (in FS2Phidgets) to the HC DC motor driver from Phidgets.

Now we have limited success due to the fact that real PID regulator is needed to be implemented.

What do you think about this way?

Melnato
09-16-2009, 02:38 AM
Thanks Stef!

This is great news...

(i did post something longer last night but it disappeared???)

Regards,

Nat

Potrohkocsonya
01-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Diego,

I have a small problem with my throttle and hope you can help me a bit.

Asking, because my hardware throttle has a TOGA push-button, it only changes the toga state and unless N1 is ON and lights up the servos don't move in TOGA mode.
When using your prg to drive the servos, everything works fine, but pressing toga will not connect the servos unless I press the N1 button on my MCP.

So either somehow I need to invoke the N1 button to change state when TOGA is pushed, or even better would be to know which offset do you use to disconnect the servos and under what exact conditions.

thanks in advance
Potroh

diegov
01-22-2010, 11:15 PM
Hi Potroh,

What are you using for the MCP? is it the default FSX MCP?

DVATX will power the servos for toga as long as the bit is set for offset 080C and the AT is armed, so if you are using the phidgets interface card you can configure the dvatx.ini file to use one of the digital sensor to set the offset 080C to a value of 1 and connect that to your hardware toga button to the phidget card, alternatively you will need to somehow get your toga button to set offset 080C to 1 through another mechanism

Let me know how you go.

Cheers

Diego

Potrohkocsonya
01-23-2010, 07:17 AM
Hi Potroh,
What are you using for the MCP? is it the default FSX MCP?
DVATX will power the servos for toga as long as the bit is set for offset 080C and the AT is armed

Hi Diego,

Thanks for your prompt answer.
Well, my case is a bit complicated, as I use Poject Magenta and CPFlight's MCP hardware.
Thus, offset 080C has little use for me, as PM's MCP is deliberately disables it by default.
PM is using its own offset for TOGA (050A bit 0) and ignores the default one.

I can of course write a small line in PMSystems to invoke 080C to be on, whenever my pushbutton
is pressed, but PM's MCP changes it back to 0 immediately.
DVATX is so nice and gives me such a smooth and nice movement for servos, that I truly love it, apart from this,
which actually forced me to ask about this problem.

If you can think of any solution for me, please help
regards
Potroh

xtreme3d
01-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Hi Diego,

I am having the same problem, can't get the TOGA to work :-(. Testing my throttle with PM, Flightdecksolutions MCP and using phidgets all the way around. Any help is very appreciated :-). Thanks!!!

oal331
01-23-2010, 02:30 PM
Hi Diego,
I am having the same problem, can't get the TOGA to work :-(. Testing my throttle with PM, Flightdecksolutions MCP and using phidgets all the way around. Any help is very appreciated :-). Thanks!!!

Hello there,

I have Simparts throttle and the TOGA button is assigned as below to Fs2Phidgets:
[AUTO_THROTTLE_TOGA]
Offset=080C
Length=4
FSType=Digital
OffValue=0
OnValue=1

Everything is wokring normal, when i press TOGA button (just a simple push-button) the TOGA mode is engaged and the auto-trottle moves the thust levers fwd. I don't have the TOGA button connected to CpFlight's MCP Pro input, but via offset it works the same.

Regards

Eddie

Potrohkocsonya
01-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Everything is wokring normal, when i press TOGA button (just a simple push-button) the TOGA mode is engaged and the auto-trottle moves the thust levers fwd. I don't have the TOGA button connected to CpFlight's MCP Pro input, but via offset it works the same.

Eddie,

And you don't use Project Magenta?
If you don't it works of course.
But doesn't work for those using it because the TODA offset is different.

regards
Potroh

oal331
01-24-2010, 03:13 AM
Potroh,

i'm using Project Magenta !!
Maybe all the offsets i'm using are different, i have to check again.
For which offset you want to me to check?

Eddie

Potrohkocsonya
01-24-2010, 06:51 AM
i'm using Project Magenta !!
Maybe all the offsets i'm using are different, i have to check again.
For which offset you want to me to check?

Eddie,

That's strange.
Project Magenta is NOT using the default 080C offset for toga at all.
In fact as many people fly PM without a panel it wouldn't have any use either, as PM also disables the default AT armed switch at 0x810, so no way the default TOGA could be invoked by.
What plane do you use?

regards
Potroh

diegov
01-24-2010, 07:42 AM
Hi Potroh,

If you are using project magenta and have specified PROJECTMAGENTA=1 in the dvatx.ini then dvatx looks at offset 04F0 to compute its autothrottle logic. I check bits 9 -SPD, 10 - THR, 11 - AT, 14 - VNAV. If bit 11 is set to 1 and any of the other bits are set to one then the servos will power.. I personally dont use PM so im not sure how the TOGA works. I assumed that PM would envoke N1 when the TOGA was pressed. If you can let me know what values and offset change when TOGA is used in PM.. im happy to modify the program for you.. BTW i have posted version 1.16 on the board that has some additional features plus bug fixes..

Cheers

Diego

xtreme3d
01-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Hi Diego,

Is is possible to download the file from an alternate location? Tried the MC download library and just kept getting an error :(. Thanks!!!

oal331
01-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Eddie,

That's strange.
Project Magenta is NOT using the default 080C offset for toga at all.
In fact as many people fly PM without a panel it wouldn't have any use either, as PM also disables the default AT armed switch at 0x810, so no way the default TOGA could be invoked by.
What plane do you use?

regards
Potroh

Sorry my mistake, i was looking an ini file, which contains many offsets :-(

The correct offset is 04F2
Here is the ini :
[PMTO/GA]
Offset=04F2
Length=2
FSType=Digital
OnValue=121
Multiplier=1
Divisor=1
Integer=True
NormalizeAngle=False
WriteOnly=False
Format=0
OffValue=0

Copy from Pm's site for 04F2

MCP/FCU Throughpass (See MCPcodes at the end) (Read/Write)
Example: Write Value 33 to engage AP2 (K033 ELAN Code). Once read, the MCP resets the value to 0 and is ready for another read.
Only last three digits are used, you can use the thousands to indicate the key has been pressed again (state change), i.e. 4033 and 7033 do the same

Use 121 for TOGA (without N1)

DisableRemoteMCP must be set to OFF in the INI file for this to work.

I wish this will help you

Eddie

Potrohkocsonya
01-24-2010, 03:41 PM
I assumed that PM would envoke N1 when the TOGA was pressed. If you can let me know what values and offset change when TOGA is used in PM.. im happy to modify the program for you..

Hi Diego,

No, Project Magenta - fortunately - doesn't invoke N1 with the TOGA. That would be rather unrealistic.
Hence - just as Eddie quoted above:
It can be done either by writing a value of 121 to 0x04F2
or 0x050A bit 0
and 0x051C bit 2 does the same
- if I'm not mistaken.
Only 050A is writable.

So as a solution I guess either or both would be just perfect for us who use PM.
I think a single future entry in the ini file would do it for us, so could try both offsets if needed.
BTW, I wanted to drive my toga switch via DVATX, but as you don't accept bit in the ini, only bytes, it was not possible for the above mentioned reason.

Oh yes, and I'm also unable to download the new file.

thanks and eagerly waiting
Potroh

Potrohkocsonya
01-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Eddie,

So finally you use 04f2, that's very different, now I understand why it works for you.

regards
Potroh

diegov
01-25-2010, 12:57 AM
Hi Potroh,

After reading your post, I will need to modify DVATX to read 0x051C bit 2 for TOGA.. Ill try do this over the weekend and report back.. Even though DVATX doesnt specifically accept values in bit format, you should be able to set bit values with bytes.. IE if you want to set bit 0 to on, you can try specify the byte value of 1 ,if you want to set bit 1 to on set the byte value to 2, bit 3 to on, byte value of 4 and so on...

You could set all the bits to on by using a value of 255, for example.

Regarding the dvatx download, I think the file is not available as yet as MyCockpit has not approved it.

Ill make those modification on the weekend and post something up.. Let me know how you go with setting TOGA by assigning a value of 1 to 050A in dvatx.ini

Cheers

Diego

Potrohkocsonya
01-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Hi Diego,

Thanks for your efforts, much appreciated.
I guess the easiest would be if you could just check 050A bit 3 or 4, when ProjectMagenta=1 as according to the PM documentation it just does what we need, it is supposed to be knowing when to disconnect the throttle. No need to check it separately, as I am not sure it wouldn't do some problems when doing an LNAV descent.
PM's 'retard' annunciation I think is specific to the suite, so it would be simpler.

I will of course test setting bits in dvatx this evening (if I knew 6 months ago it was possible...)

Waiting for your incredible further efforts.

thanks and regards
Potroh

Potrohkocsonya
02-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Hi Diego,

Not to urge you or sort of stuff like that, but did you have any luck?
I'm truly excited about the toga thing...

regards
Potroh