PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie....yet another 737 !

BW901
04-25-2009, 11:40 AM
After lurking for many months I just joined up. This site's a great source of inspiration, especially looking at the guys building the non-"mainstream" cockpits which require a lot more ability and creativity than I have.

I've been into flightsim for more years than I'd like to remember (!) - back to the old Sinclair ZX81 and the old IBMs with the Hercules graphics card, but I'm new to the cockpit building game. There's a flightsim group here in Ireland, with some really talented and knowledgeable builders and thanks to their help my 737-800 rig is just starting to take shape, although as you can see it's just at a very basic stage. I'm looking forward to a good few years of learning as we go.

So thanks folks for such an entertaining and useful forum.

Jon

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll145/360shed/Cockpit/Dsc_0023.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll145/360shed/Cockpit/Dsc_0019.jpg

mike5623
04-26-2009, 01:55 PM
Hey everyone im new here and love to fly!

Goldmember
04-27-2009, 10:27 AM
I see you have the Engravity Desktop like me. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Michael Carter
04-27-2009, 10:29 AM
That's a very good start. All the main stuff up and running. Love the seats! ;)

BW901
04-28-2009, 03:53 AM
Thanks Goldmember, I'll keep looking on the forum for your progress also :D. I need to get the F/O's side soon to complete the panel.

Michael I guess you'd recognise the seats. ;) That's some rig you have, the kind of cockpit that gives inspiration to the rest of us. I wish I had the skills to build more and buy less.

I'm almost at the stage of not needing the keyboard to get from A to B once the strobes are on and I close the overhead panel window. Next step will be to build a base for the whole setup so I can better position the seat rails, unfortunately at the moment I can't place them back far enough to move the seats fully. Still at least I don't have a fuselage to stop getting into seats from the outboard side ! Now if only I could find some 737 seats on J-rails at a price which wouldn't guarantee a visit to a divorce lawyer ;)

Cheers
Jon