PDA

View Full Version : Series One DIY Cockpit....

geneb
04-23-2009, 10:16 AM
...is _finally_ done!

http://www.vroon.org/pitkit/death_from_above.jpg

The one on the right is the development prototype and on the left is the one built for the construction manual.

The manual is a free download and is currently available here:

http://www.vroon.org/pitkit/series_one_cockpit.pdf

Before I unleash this project upon you poor folks, please download the manual and read it. I'd like to make sure I haven't missed anything or made a huge error in the documentation.

The plan set will be sold for $50. This will include 5 36"x84" plan sheets as well as a CD with over 270 pictures that were taken during the construction.

The manual will remain a free download - this is done to make sure that people that are interested in the project fully understand what they're getting into before plunking down their fifty bucks. :D

Thanks all!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

.gene.

Matt Olieman
04-23-2009, 10:34 AM
Nice Job!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Love it Gene!!!

Matt Olieman

geneb
04-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Thanks Matt.

The only bummer is how long it's taken to finish. Can't get a lot done when you work on it one day a week. :)

g.

Geremy Britton
04-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Are you planning on selling the prototype. I'm not in the fighter jet area but i guess some members would be quite interested possibly if that was the case.

geneb
04-23-2009, 11:49 AM
The two cockpits aren't for sale, no. The one I built for the manual will be completed out as designed and the prototype will be a guinea pig for future modifications.

g.

Mike.Powell
04-23-2009, 12:46 PM
The only bummer is how long it's taken to finish.

g.

I can sympathize. :)

geneb
04-23-2009, 07:52 PM
I can sympathize. :)

I think roof fixin' weather is just about here. :D

The assembly manual is 198 pages and I'm still tweaking and filling in blanks.

I'm currently trying to find the larger version of a pic I have on my blog.. Damn thing is hiding from me, I just know it. :)

g.

Tony Hill
04-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Having just invented, begged, borrow, stolen (ok, not stolen) plans to build the Spitfire, I would thoroughly encourage anybody who wants to build a single seater to think about these plans, whilst I haven't seen the plans themselves, you can see the pictures of the end result in this thread and it looks great!!

Congrats Geneb

Darryl

geneb
04-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Having just invented, begged, borrow, stolen (ok, not stolen) plans to build the Spitfire, I would thoroughly encourage anybody who wants to build a single seater to think about these plans, whilst I haven't seen the plans themselves, you can see the pictures of the end result in this thread and it looks great!!

Congrats Geneb

Darryl

Thanks Darryl. Once I get the formatting and layout issues with the manual taken care of, I'll unroll all 5 plan sheets on to the shop floor and take a pic so you guys can see how much paper it really is. :)

I'm also going to be offering inexpensive router templates made of 1/8" hardboard. It'll allow you to use a router to cut out all the rib parts.

g.

Matt Olieman
04-27-2009, 06:38 AM
My apologies folks, I missed the part of charging for the manual and prints at geneb's site.

"geneb" becomes a vendor and if a vendor wants to benefit from MyCockpit.org and it's builders I insist on the vendor supporting MyCockpit.org, just like any other vendor.

I should of read the first post more closely, the damage is done and am closing this thread.

Matt Olieman