PDA

View Full Version : Help, connecting two joysticks in FSX.

Junkers
04-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Hi everybody,
I'm new to the forums and have a question, I hope this is the correct section. I have two joysticks, one of which I took apart in the hope that I could use it to make a device for trimming aircraft in FSX. I connected both joysticks, the problem is that I can only choose one or the other, if I attempt to set functions from the second joystick it will say for example "The X axis has already been assigned to pitch control". So it appears as though I have two X axes, two Y axes and two Z axes. Is there any way to overcome this problem without having to pay for some kind of software? Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

sas550
04-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Hi! Are both joysticks listed in Control panel\game devises?

Are they connected via a usb hub?

Have you tried assigning the axis through fsuipc?

andarlite
04-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Hi everybody,
I'm new to the forums and have a question, I hope this is the correct section. I have two joysticks, one of which I took apart in the hope that I could use it to make a device for trimming aircraft in FSX. I connected both joysticks, the problem is that I can only choose one or the other, if I attempt to set functions from the second joystick it will say for example "The X axis has already been assigned to pitch control". So it appears as though I have two X axes, two Y axes and two Z axes. Is there any way to overcome this problem without having to pay for some kind of software? Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

You can't connect 2 identical joysticks to FSX. If they are identical then you have to use fsuipc to do the assignment.

Regards,
Henry

Junkers
04-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the replies:)

It sounds like I will need to get FSUIPC, thanks again for the help.