PDA

View Full Version : Balancing Left and Right Levers on 737NG Throttle

diegov
04-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Hi Fellow Builders,

Ive been calibrating my throttle and wondered how many people have the left and right levers balanced exactly. IE When I move both levers exactly halfway.. I would want to have the Phidget Values for both levers to read the same. I find that it is near impossible in my config to get them the same. They are always about plus minus 10 phidget value units in difference. This seems to make a difference in FSX where it will start to slightly turn the aircraft in the direction of the weeker engine. Granted most flight are done with A/T on, so its not do much of a drama, but taxing is sometime annoying.

I was thinking of assigning one lever to both left and right FSUIPC engine values, and leaving the other pot as a dummy, but i guess i wanted to know how accurate throttles are in a real 737. Is there variances between left and right levers when pilots move them together?

Hope the question makes sense.

Thanks

Diego

Michael Carter
04-15-2009, 10:52 PM
It depends upon how well the mechanic rigged them. I think most newer jets are rigged more precisely than the older series of 7X7.

I've seen real photos of 727's where none of the throttles are exactly aligned. I don't think I've seen many photos of when they were aligned unless they were at the idle stops.

I used to be anal about this and trying to synch up three is even more difficult that two.

Mine vary, not considerably, but realistically. #3 is always slightly ahead of #1 & #2 at take-off and cruise, while #2 is typically slightly ahead of #1 & #3 during manuvering at slow speed or on approach.

They all vary no more than half a knobs diameter, but it's enough to keep it interesting.

Geremy Britton
04-16-2009, 09:17 AM
I had a whail of a time calibrating my throttles to sync. Not easy, just a lot of fine tuning to do. I was about a week getting mine done right.

diegov
04-17-2009, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the comments guys.

@Michael: If a little out of sync is realistic, than im happy :)

Thanks

Diego