PDA

View Full Version : Wideview Stills from Edinbourgh and Stuttgart

Michael Carter
04-07-2009, 10:38 PM
A few stills from this afternoon. I'm still playing with zoom and alignments for all of the monitors. After I get this down to my satisfaction I'm going to work on the color balance.

http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/watermark.php?file=3915

http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/watermark.php?file=3914

http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/watermark.php?file=3913

Crescent
04-07-2009, 11:57 PM
What are the pros and cons for Wideview vs Triplehead2go?

AAuhorn
04-08-2009, 01:33 AM
Looks good!

To get an idea whether my WV settings are getting towards optimum, do you mind to let me know your zoom/angle settings in your config?

I am trying now for days and i am not satisfied yet.

Thx,

Andi

Kennair
04-08-2009, 04:12 AM
That looks awesome Mike. How does it expand the experience for your flights?

Ken.

Michael Carter
04-08-2009, 06:21 AM
That looks awesome Mike. How does it expand the experience for your flights?

Ken.

You get a very real sense of motion. It's almost larger than life. I also get the 'leans' every now and then. :D

Michael Carter
04-08-2009, 06:27 AM
Looks good!

To get an idea whether my WV settings are getting towards optimum, do you mind to let me know your zoom/angle settings in your config?

I am trying now for days and i am not satisfied yet.

Thx,

Andi

I couldn't say without looking. If I fire it up tonight after work, I'll check.

The only one I know for sure is the forward view which is .90 zoom. The angles are 90°/45°/forward/45° I haven't played with setting up anything manually in the .cfg file. I'm hoping to play around with it using the keyboard.

One thing I have noticed is that when it looks good in one location, it doesn't always look as good at the next location.

Another thing I can't figure out is that when using the exact same scenery at the same settings on all computers, I can't see the jetway out of the left 90° view. The whole left monitor should be filled with the jetway.

Michael Carter
04-08-2009, 06:36 AM
What are the pros and cons for Wideview vs Triplehead2go?

I've never played with the Tripple head 2 Go, but I've seen some pretty stretched out photos of the sides. I guess it depends on the zoom factor. I've seen some photos where the wings are coming into view. Not what I'm after.

The drawback of WidevieW is the time it takes to set it up and trying to position the monitors when there is nothing to set them on. Once it's set up though you can save the flight on each computer and it will start up in the exact same position each time. Another drawback, at least for me, are the different sized monitors I've used. A 19" widescreen is the only thing that would fit on the glareshield for the right quarter view. I already had the 24" for the forward view as well as the two 19" 5:4 monitors.

So it's rather a mish-mash of monitor sizes which plays heck with trying to set them all up into one continuous smooth view.

The left and left quarter monitor are both hanging from the ceiling on chains. It works good and was the easiest solution rather than trying to build a platform on the outside of the shell.

Kennair
04-08-2009, 07:26 AM
You get a very real sense of motion. It's almost larger than life. I also get the 'leans' every now and then. :D

LOL! You'll have to start installing sick bags for those turbulent flights.

Ken.

Michael Carter
04-08-2009, 07:57 AM
Well I hope it doesn't come to that!

I ran into some light chop passing through about FL070 yesterday during this flight and I had never seen anything like that in the sim. It's not like it was rockin' and rollin', but with all the monitors working together you had a real sense of the aircraft moving.

Later, higher up, it was just really still and the ground was moving much slower, just like in a real aircraft.