PDA

View Full Version : Hhhhmmm Exciting?

Matt Olieman
04-02-2009, 12:16 PM
At our local Flight Sim club one of our members presented the following video.

Enjoy :)

Matt Olieman

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ghTKoySEdaw&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ghTKoySEdaw&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Michael Carter
04-02-2009, 12:23 PM
That's an 'E' ticket ride for sure.

It's amazing how he flies that plane. More or less 'muscles' it through the sky.

Trevor Hale
04-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Hey mike,

I don't really know if that is what you would call flying a plane. To be honest, I think to do stuff like he is doing.... you need to be "ONE" with the plane...

He definitely has skills... And knows the limits of that aircraft!

No Longer Active
04-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Makes me want to fly my stunt plane is FS now, nothing like doing loop the loop and just being a kid again, though DONT TRY THIS ON YOUR 737's LOL!

Amazing skill, ive seen pretty much this at the London Reb Bull Air Race!

Amazing flying!

Thanks for the video!

A Pleasure To Watch!

Alex

Joe Cygan
04-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Thanks Matt you made my day!

Purely an awesome video.

ivar hestnes
04-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Truly awesome flying there. Really enjoyed to watch this:)

Did anyone notice the censorship of the two mating planes? :mrgreen:

fweinrebe
04-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Did anyone notice the censorship of the two mating planes? :mrgreen:

Yeah that was quite funny. Another part I enjoyed was the side-slip behind the palm trees.

spiro
04-02-2009, 02:24 PM
thats what you call real flying!!!!!:p that guy is not a pilot he is a bird catched in a humans body great video ;)

BHawthorne
04-02-2009, 11:30 PM
I think I'd get just as sick doing something like that in the real aircraft as in a simpit. Actually, it would be probably worse in a simpit because your senses would be confused. :D

dodiano
04-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Amazing Flying Stunts and Skills!!!!

Nice! Thanks Matt!

ian@737ng.co.uk
04-03-2009, 12:51 PM
try as i have , i just can't make a cessna 172 fly like that :o))
part of the film was the Red Bull air race in Budapest where i think the Hungarian CAA go away on holiday over that weekend.
stunning control and air work....what a skilled aviator. BTW is it legal to come that close to a civilian jet? obviously not with a military one :o))
great video (and a superb soundtrack too)
well done matt for letting us in on this one...
regards to everyone .... ian

Tony Hill
04-07-2009, 12:08 AM
Interesting video. Some very skillful flying.

I can testify to the Extra's amazing flying characteristics. The controls are superbly accurate and very light. Two fingers will control a high G turn or a 360deg roll. Roll rate varies on different marques but is around 400deg per second. The aircraft will do almost anything asked of it.

But I do worry at the impression of flying that some of the low level stuff gives. Inverted under a bridge....why?...because he CAN.

There is a fine line between entertainment, skill and loonacy.

I'll leave others to draw the line.

Darryl

gokhotit
05-13-2009, 01:58 AM
I could do that;)..just not as gracefully and with crashes turned off:lol: