PDA

View Full Version : Ebay ....check that

Jackpilot
03-27-2009, 09:24 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Boeing-Aircraft-Overhead-Panel-Face-10-61800-00_W0QQitemZ330317160124QQihZ014QQcategoryZ26436QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Real McCoy...much better than the one I Had for sale....!!!

And a real gem for Piston twins!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cessna-337-Throttle-Quadrant-p-n-is-1560205-1_W0QQitemZ260383375102QQihZ016QQcategoryZ26439QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Michael Carter
03-27-2009, 09:34 AM
He has a lightplate for the 727 fuel control panel too I've got my eye on.

Must not build engineers station...must not think about that...no engineer station...no room...no money...can't reach from the pilots seat...no engineer station...

No Longer Active
03-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Talking of throttles for twins etc...

Ive always wondered what the best way is to reproduce a throttle, mix and pitch knob for my C182, at the moment i have wooden knobs painted Black, blue and red, looks really good. But they are not the same shape, i know the throttle is rounded, and the mix and prop pitch are a hexagonal shape.

Real throttle knobs cost a fortune, and simkits are just about the same price as a real cessna part.

Would be silly to pay 250 euros, just for a knob PER EACH THROTTLE.

Are there any alternatives, as to suppliers or manufactures?

Or is it the bedroom wardrobe knobs with a paint jobby?

Any ideas?

Nice one chaps!

Alex

No Longer Active
03-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Must not build engineers station...must not think about that...no engineer station...no room...no money...can't reach from the pilots seat...no engineer station...

Go on micheal...you know you want to.....tempting.....tempting....mmmmmm a lovely engineers stations....go on....you know you want an engineers station....yes a real engineers station for your simpit.....

sorry michael....lol....just had to sqeeze that in.... :)

just joking pal!

Michael Carter
03-27-2009, 10:15 AM
http://www.desktopaviator.com/Products/Panel/Throttle/index.htm

http://www.desktopaviator.com/Products/Panel/Throttle/right2.jpg

No Longer Active
03-27-2009, 10:27 AM
Cheers Michael for that.

Do you recon he will sell me just the knobs, without the box, rods, electronics, sliders etc, because i have already built the quad, just need realistic knobs.

Cheers.

Alex

No Longer Active
03-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Sorry, just searched his website and seen the knobs.

Impatient Alex

Lol

Jackpilot
03-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Alex
We are not talking Jet throttles here..
There are genuine Cessna throttle parts available as scrap in Maintenance shops or boneyards all around...go n'get 'em....

No Longer Active
03-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Yeah....In America!

UK is the worst place for aircraft scrap, in the UK i cant think of one place where there is a land full of aviation scrap, you simply dont get them in the UK, believe me if there was, id be in a car like a shot!

There are scrap yards that have the odd plane thrown in for its metal/alloy content, but to get anythink Cessna/GA like is VERY hard.

EVERY place on the net that ive searched for cessna spares/parts, has been in america, the yanks have the best scrapyards and resources for aircraft junk, spares, parts etc, ebay is full of spares and parts for cessna, boeing etc, but again...all in america!

Its so hard to get used air parts from UK without paying the premium price tag.

In UK you either have to buy cessna parts brand new and they order them in and you pay the high cost, or you have to spend weeks searching the net for used cessna spares from uk (which gets very tiring) and there is very little going. Or you pay the brand new price for the cessna part.....

Its not as easy my friend as you think for Brits, you probably dont realise it because you have so many resources on your doorstep, how often do you search ebay and all the parts just start apearing: Location: United Kingdom

Anyway.....

Yep hands up to you americans....its dead easy to get parts in the US.....

In the UK however?, you'll be lucky.....and anything aviation that comes to a UK market always has a premium price tag!

In US ive seen the throttle knobs for $8 each, Cessna parts dealer in UK wants £21 each plus delivery thats £60 for 3 knobs?

Ill try and get em'

Lol :)

DarrenBe
03-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Alex,

There are aircraft scrap yards in the UK and some have very reasonable prices.

For airliner salvage go to www.airsalvage.co.uk
For GA salvage try www.sky-craft.co.uk

I bought a section of airframe (EMB110 - twin turboprop) from Air Salvage for the princely sum of £600. That was 14ft of fuselage, including the cockpit - all trimings (seats, control columns, power quadrant, switch panels, the list goes on). The only parts missing were the instruments and most of the avionics.

Unfortunately for a number of reasons I had to scrap the cockpit, but did remove all the useful parts - in fact I'm using one of the seats as an office chair at the moment.

If you know where to look there are bargins to be had in the UK.