PDA

View Full Version : BU0836 Basic Question

GARich
03-23-2009, 01:38 AM
A Simple question from a simple mind (when comes to this sort of thing anyhow!) I am trying to connect a BU0836 to a yoke assembly with the X Axis pot going to Analog Input pin set 1 and and Y axis pot going to pin set 2.

The axis which connects to pin set 1 works along the X Axis when viewed on the PC yet the Y Axis pot doesnt appar to work when attached to pin set 2 (or any of the other pin sets). The Y axis pot works (along the X axis) when attached to pin set 1 so there isnt a problem with the pot.

The pots have been working fine without a ground but I have tried without one but also with a ground daisychained to a spare ground pin.
I hope I have explained this well enough .

What am I missing here?

TIA

No Longer Active
03-23-2009, 04:30 AM
have you tried wiring up the X and Y axis to pin 7 & 8 instead of 1 & 2 and make sure that each GND is wired up independantly to each channel.

I am using pin 6,7,8 for my throttle quadrant each channel i have wired up independantly and ive used my GND on each pin.

BU0836 works in mysterious ways lol, but its a blimmin good card!

Just play around the pin configuration until you get the result you want, try using pairs, try 7-8 forst and work backwards, i advise against daisy chaining GND on axis inputs, though its fine for COLUMNS/ROWS inputs.

Still stuck after that, then PM me!

rottenlungs
03-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Hi

Check this thread here - I had exactly that issue and you do need to wire each pot completely separately.

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15544

GARich
03-24-2009, 03:59 PM
Thanks guys - all sorted with a couple of ground wires