PDA

View Full Version : Is this fellow a member?

autocadplease
03-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Is this fellow a member?

http://i.gizmodo.com/5169495/man-builds-747-flight-simulator-in-his-warehouse-earns-guinness-record

... if so, congrats!

Bob Reed
03-17-2009, 05:31 PM
That is Matt Sheil and no, I do not think he is a member. If he is he keeps a very low profile. His sim is awesome and he is not using FS. Well he is using FS for the outside view but that is it. He is using a program that is no longer available for the 747 only.

dnoize
03-17-2009, 06:38 PM
He is using Aerowinx precision simulator...

And the good news for 747 builders is: Its going to be relaunched again. New version, new specs, etc.

Even the old version was the best 747 logics system you could get.

http://www.aerowinx.com/

Stef

shafian
03-18-2009, 07:28 AM
One of the fantastic sims down under an inspiration to many as he started quite early.. even has a motion platform the whole works.. only time i see him active is during the world flight event held in November each year

Kennair
03-18-2009, 09:53 AM
I've never spoken to Matt, but he is to blame for me getting into this hobby in the first place. His was one of the first home cockpit websites I came across many years back. It's funny we never hear from him here being the worlds premier cockpit building forum. He runs a trucking business so I guess he's usually busy with that when not flying.

Ken.

warvet
03-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Matt is actually a good friend of mine for alot of years (oops hope I wasnt name dropping there) ;), he actually had 3 of those motion systems and he was going to sell me one for $50,000 delivered which was an amazing deal but financially I just wasn't ready to make that comittment but kick myself now. Matt and Scanno (Scanlan) have been the main driving force behind Worldflight which I was proud to call myself a main member of for quite a few years. I represented Worldflight Canada and Matt represent of course Worldflight Australia. Matt is a terrific guy though very generous and if you get a chance to drop in to see him Im sure you'll have a few laughs and a great time. Matt certainlty deserves that award though.

Tim

Michael Carter
03-18-2009, 01:59 PM
Were those decommisioned motion platforms from full fledged certified sims?

Just curious.

Bob Reed
03-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Were those decommisioned motion platforms from full fledged certified sims?

Just curious.

As I recall they where not. I think if you go to his site there is more about them there.

Efe Cem Elci
03-18-2009, 02:50 PM
I nominate Tim to 'recruit' Matt for the forum. Any one second that notion? ;)

Matt is actually a good friend of mine for alot of years (oops hope I wasnt name dropping there) ;), he actually had 3 of those motion systems and he was going to sell me one for $50,000 delivered which was an amazing deal but financially I just wasn't ready to make that comittment but kick myself now. Matt and Scanno (Scanlan) have been the main driving force behind Worldflight which I was proud to call myself a main member of for quite a few years. I represented Worldflight Canada and Matt represent of course Worldflight Australia. Matt is a terrific guy though very generous and if you get a chance to drop in to see him Im sure you'll have a few laughs and a great time. Matt certainlty deserves that award though.

Tim

Geremy Britton
03-18-2009, 05:08 PM
LOL Efe, you've got a strong case going there :)

hyway
03-22-2009, 02:45 AM
I nominate Tim to 'recruit' Matt for the forum. Any one second that notion? ;)

No need I am already here.
Every couple of years the press rediscover my sim normaly through a simple paper article, and then it goes viral all over the world for about a week or so and they go away again :cool:

Mat Sheil

hyway
03-22-2009, 02:48 AM
Matt is actually a good friend of mine for alot of years (oops hope I wasnt name dropping there) ;),
Tim

I have never heard of this guy :roll:
Tim Who?