PDA

View Full Version : BU0836 with Bu0836X

KenK
03-16-2009, 02:04 PM
I am using a Bu0836 card for my inputs. I am going to add a Bu0836X for some additional inputs. After looking at some old posts in the Bodnar forum some poeple are having problems with a second BU series card.

According to Leos website, multiple cards have unique serial numbers and should work.

Is anyone using this combination (BU0836 + BU0836X) ?

Anyone using Multiple BU series Cards ?

My Sim uses: P4-3.4,Winxp sp2,FS2004,FSUIPC3,Led64,Bu0836

Regards!
Ken K

ian@737ng.co.uk
03-16-2009, 11:37 PM
hi ken....
i use 2 x bu0836 and 3 x bu0836x. the former for the axes (TQ-six and Yokes and Steering Tillers-six) and the latter for all the switches. i have no issues at all.
in a multi BU environment, get leo's encoder utility from his website and when you run it, it will show all the serial no's of the attached cards. just put a label near your card with the serial no. on. helps troubleshooting if you get a bad connection. when you get lots of inputs, finding the right one can be difficult. what i do is keep a file with the card no./button input logged and what it controls.
another tip is i found using BU's with hubs was not a good idea. i did have some disconnect/connect problems using them with hubs (even powered one's). but connecting them direct to the PC solved the problem. i just installed a USB2.0 5 port USB card.
good luck and keep us posted.
regards from wales.... ian

chrisdanker
03-17-2009, 03:18 AM
Ian,

Hi there...been a long time...since I visited your sim in June last year....How's it going?

Anyway, seeing this topic on BU cards...I just purchased one my self as I am in the process of trying to build myself a simple overhead panel ( cant afford the real panels built by engravity and others at the moment) by just getting the picture of the overhead and sending it to a shop that does signages and they will mount the picture on a 5mm perxpex sheet. Then on top of the picture of the overhead ( blown up to 26cm x 26 cm ) a clear 1.5mm perspex sheet will be placed over it. I will then drill the required holes for the switches and lights as necessary.

What I will do is try to use your very useful guide on your website to build up the overhead , but I was wondering if you could show some pics of the back of your overhead so that I could wire it up in a similiar way in order to get it neatly done like yours is.

Appreciate any help in the way of pictures of the back of it if you can..

I will update you with pictures of mine as the time goes by.

KenK
03-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Hi Ian:

I know sombody had to be using a couple of these.

After reading some posts on Leos forum I found a question that seemed to indicate a problem with 2 cards. I just ordered a BU0836x about 2 hrs before I discovered this "problem". I know the cards have multiple serial numbers so I didnt understand the issue.

Leo also me a private mail indicating it was not a problem and resolved the posters issue. I was most impressed by his quick response and how quickly my first card was shipped.

Thank you for the heads up on the USB port expander that is exactly what I was planning on doing. You have solved a problem I didnt get to yet.The 5 port card sounds like a good solution. Now I can continue wiring .

Best Regards Ken K

ian@737ng.co.uk
03-17-2009, 01:15 PM
hi ken.....
you're going to fall in love with the BU0836X....sooooooo easy to use and configure.
good luck and regards from wales... ian

ian@737ng.co.uk
03-17-2009, 01:16 PM
hi chris,
check your email, all has been revealed
rgds ... ian