PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the PRVt (Peoples Republic of Vermont)

bartl
03-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Hello Ladies and Gents. Hello from the slowly warming North. I have been in Flight Sims since FS95; boy, it's really tight inside those small boxes and, as you can see, have dreams of being a successful comedian (Well, not really, but I like to make people laugh).

I primarily fly the DC-3 in FS9 for DC-3 Airways VA, but am installing X-Plane as we speak and plan on getting thoroughly engrossed in plane design in my area of interest which is from 1930 through the end of the piston-engine era.

Happy Flying!

ak49er
03-14-2009, 10:57 PM
I will get some pictures for you. One of my duties is to unload freight planes out here at the remote site power plant.

I unload Desert air DC-3's every other week, with a "Zoom Boom" forklift as it has left right leaning capabilites. And as you know the Dc-3 is a tail dragger and the cargo deck is at the same general angle.

Also we have Everetts Air Fuel Planes come in all the time, (The Salmon Ella) I think they are C-47? (See photo of nose art)

I also have unloaded Northern Air Cargo DC-6, but they are no longer in operation.

We also used to see Beech 19, talk about a classic airplane.

Some others are CASA's SkyVans, C-130, Grand Caravoan 206, C-130 (35 ton loads, turbine rotor) , and old Caribous.

All in all I am really lucky to work around these grand old birds.

Trevor Hale
03-15-2009, 10:00 AM
Welcome to Mycockpit Bart.

I hope you find this community as helpful as I have.

Best regards,

Trev

bartl
03-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome, and pix too, as it's always fun to share them with the other folks at DC3 Airways. Looking forward to learning a lot and sharing some of my experiences.