PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a panel maker!

dodiano
03-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Hi I am looking for a Panel maker or company that can make Backlit engraved panel for for a custom job please if someone here can do the work for me mail me at viro_online@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Roberto

Efe Cem Elci
03-11-2009, 07:00 PM
You should see if Phil has the time, as he is really capable and I believe does some of the best work I've seen, even compared to companies that make panels. His user name is phil744 on the Forum.

phil744
03-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Email sent buddy ;)

dodiano
03-12-2009, 04:39 AM
Thanks!! Contacted Phil!!

Take care,

Roberto

Buddym
03-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Hi Phil,

I make my own panels (or at least attempt to) and I would be interested in any tips you have for engraving and backlighting. I have a small CNC machine, big enuff to cut all but MIPs, and I have so far cut out some FCU panels, one of which I have populated and is functional using IOCards.

Currently the panel is unpainted. I printed a clear sticker on my ink jet and stuck it on until I get better at engraving. I made a few attempts but had the wrong bits for engraving, although even these failed attempts show the promise of what's possible with experience and the right tools. I primed and painted the front of the panel in Airbus gray, then engraved the legend. The result was a very good backlighting effect, but the bit and the wrong font combined to pretty much ruin the text. As soon as new bits arrive I will try again, what tips/advice could you offer up to a noob?

Thanks,
BuddyM
Tampa,FL

Jackpilot
03-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Highly recommend Phil too...he made fantastic custom panels for me.
Jack

spiro
03-12-2009, 02:06 PM
dear phil i am intrested in panels for a 747-200 if you make theme i am very intrested please email me thanks