PDA

View Full Version : Arrrrrgh!!!!

AndyT
11-06-2006, 05:03 AM
I have 30 verrrrrry small wires to make longer. Which means I have to cut them and then solder in additional lengths to make them the length I need them. I'm taking the screen from an old notebook computer and extending it away from the case so it can be mounted in my panel.

And then to top it off, I cut the flippin hole too large for the screen.

Ever have one of those days? Back to home Depot for a new peice of hardboard.....

Bob Reed
11-06-2006, 01:02 PM
YIKES!!! I hate when that happens! Well as far a soldering goes... Seems like I am always soldering lots of little wires. There are about 100 solderconnections on my MCP... :( Oh well... On the plus side I have become pretty good with my iron!

Michael Carter
11-06-2006, 11:21 PM
Well, there are always butt splices, but they don't look as nice as a well soldered joint with heat-shrink tubing.

I have hundreds of solder connections in my overhead and quite a few butt splices as well if I don't feel like firing up the iron. Sometimes the position is awkward, or it's not an easy joint to get to without burning something else, or there is no way to hold the joint while soldering.

I knew I'd use that Air Force training for something in the future.:mrgreen:

ekezz
11-07-2006, 10:59 AM
There should be a better way of connecting wires, hope someone comes up with an easy solution. I'd rather fly than solder.