PDA

View Full Version : Ace Yoke sensitivity

Mac
03-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Hi

My Ace yoke is ultra sensitive. 1" is the difference bewtween up or down - there is no in between!

I have the sensitivity set low. When I try simple controls it just reverts back to advanced. Hope someone has some ideas..
Mac

Geremy Britton
03-07-2009, 07:34 PM
I know it might seem obvious but i've done it as well.

In Flight simulator make sure you have the sensitivity of the right thing set to low. Whatever the yoke is named in MFS make sure that is the settings you are adjusting.

You could try using FSUIPC to programme the yoke.
Also just make sure you are trimmed properly.

If nothing does the trick, send them a message. I'm sure they'll sort you out. They do their advertising with us.

Let us know if you get sorted.

fweinrebe
03-08-2009, 03:28 AM
Mac,

You can also try the following:

First calibrate your joystick. This can be done from the Control Panel or within MSFS there is a button.

If you do the assignments in MSFS, then also look at the Null Zones and experiment with them as well.

If you set them in FSPUIC, under the Joystick Calibration tab locate the axis you want to tune. Press the Slope button and then set the Response Curve to try and get the axis to be less sensitive. (Probably need a licensed version of FSPUIC)

Also if you've used FSPUIC for your axis assignment, make sure you delete the same corresponding assignment in MSFS. Otherwise the two programs fight over the axis and you get funny behaviour.

Mac
03-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Thanks guys, I'm not sure I'm using the fsuipc joystick calibration as I should. Do I press all the set buttons? I have read the manual but it is not clear to me..............