PDA

View Full Version : Were to start?

Oliver_roper
03-04-2009, 03:44 AM
Hi my name is oliver and i am planning on building my own home cockpit and i am planning on doing it on a Beoing but ime not sure were to start if some one could please help me if needed my email is : oliver-rb@hotmail.co.uk
Thanks!:)

Efe Cem Elci
03-04-2009, 04:47 AM
Welcome to MyCockpit Oliver. The forum is filled with great ideas and examples, and this section ("Where to start building a home cockpit") especially has valuable advice about the first steps. Take a look around and let us know if there is anything you don't understand.

fweinrebe
03-04-2009, 05:00 AM
Hi Oliver,

Welcome to a great hobby. :)

It will be better to ask the questions on the forum instead of per email. That way more people can benefit from the discussion. Sometimes you'll find the answers to most of the questions on this forum because they have been asked already.

And if you publish your email address like that on the Internet, a spambot will pick it up and you will receive lots of spam messages as a result of the spambot's work. Rather use the "User CP" link and set it up in your Control Panel. That way it is not published but people can still get hold of you if needed. :)

No Longer Active
03-04-2009, 05:16 AM
And if you publish your email address like that on the Internet, a spambot will pick it up and you will receive lots of spam messages as a result of the spambot's work. Rather use the "User CP" link and set it up in your Control Panel. That way it is not published but people can still get hold of you if needed.

See!....you learn something new everyday! I never knew that! Cheers fweinrebe! :)

fweinrebe
03-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Thks Alex. Another trick to use is to google your own email address. If you get a direct hit or two, it means that if Googlebot picked it up, then spambots will probably also pick it up. And you will know where to remove it.

No Longer Active
03-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Cheers for that, thats scary isnt it! :)

Alex