PDA

View Full Version : altitude alerts in pm gc

flyboy01
03-03-2009, 08:31 AM
Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on altitude height alerts. By this i mean, When on approach my sim used to call out heights such as 2500 1000 500 so on so on then the last stages 100 50 40 30 20 10. I had my capt pfd computer fry and since getting a new computer and reinstalling the gc software, now i dont get these alerts any more. Any thoughts on this???? It has me baffled.
I have made sure all the sound files are active in pm sounds.
Kind regards
Trevor Wimmer

autocadplease
03-04-2009, 01:35 AM
Do the other sounds work in PM sounds? Have you run pmfilecheck to see if everything checks out OK?

flyboy01
03-04-2009, 07:26 AM
All other sounds are working. PM sounds is installed on the computer that runs FS9 and the problem only started when i had a m/b fry on the g c computer. I will try the pmfile checker tonight and see what happens.
Trev

03-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Trev have you tried PMsounds on another pc other than the FS one? I run it on my CDU machine. Maybe some sort of conflict with the FS machine? Have you changed builds? all widefs versions the same? Just firing ideas here?

James

flyboy01
03-05-2009, 07:49 AM
Pm flie checker was good. no faults there. Gc builds are the same and all versions of widefs are the same. Just seems strange that it used to work and now all of a sudden does not work. I have always had pm sounds running on the FS computer with no problems in the past. Looks like i will just have to keep searching and hopefully something will stand out. If i find the problem i will be sure to let everyone here know incase it happens to someone else too.
Thanks for the help and if you have any more ideas please keep them coming. I am almost bald now as i have been pulling so much hair out over this.LOL:)

Jackpilot
03-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Did you try a clean reinstall of PMSounds

flyboy01
03-06-2009, 10:02 AM
I will give the fresh install of pm sounds a go in the morning. Thanks for the ideas. Will post my results.
Trev

flyboy01
03-28-2009, 07:31 AM
Hi All,
I have tried re installing pm sounds on various diferent systems within my network but all have the same problem still. I hav now discovered that even the gpws test sounds dont play properly either. it just plays the first oral caution and skips the rest. I am almost without hair now as this is driving me crazy. Any new ideas welcome as usual. and much appreciated.
Cheers
Trevor Wimmer