PDA

View Full Version : Video: Approach to 16 Zurich

Michael Carter
03-02-2009, 07:40 PM
I hope it looks better than it did in the previews. The conversion process is terrible on image quality compared to what it looks like from the camera.

http://www.mycockpitvideos.com/video/143/Approach-to-16-at-LSZH

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tIKg_DHt0YU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tIKg_DHt0YU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Joe Cygan
03-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Hey Mike,
I have never seen anyone who gets as much satisfaction out of his or her flight simulator as you do. You’re a true inspiration my friend.

Joe

Michael Carter
03-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks Joe.

I really do love flying it. It's a simulator of the aircraft I always thought I would really fly.

If I had, by now I guess they would have made me fly the 757 or 767. I think I would have put in my app at UPS or Fed-Ex had that happened.

And now they're retiring them too. What's a 727 pilot to do? :D

fweinrebe
03-03-2009, 07:31 AM
Nice video Mike. Ahh I love Zurich's RWY16. Its just 10 minutes away from the Pilatus factory at Buochs Airport.

What windshear warning are you using? That's what is so nice about simulators. The windshear you got on final resulted in a glideslope deviation. In an real aircraft that would have been a possible compulsory go-around.

PascalHaldenstein
03-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Hi Mike

Cool vid indeed.. wohoo zurich rules^^;)

cheers

Michael Carter
03-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Nice video Mike. Ahh I love Zurich's RWY16. Its just 10 minutes away from the Pilatus factory at Buochs Airport.

What windshear warning are you using? That's what is so nice about simulators. The windshear you got on final resulted in a glideslope deviation. In an real aircraft that would have been a possible compulsory go-around.

Thanks.

It's whatever windshear warning is built in to the DF727.

Funny thing is that it was calm at Zurich when I came in. I saw the deviation after the warning but the picture still looked good and there was no airspeed deviation. Even being a dot low on the GS it had me over the threshold at 50'.

Go figure!

That was a replay by the way. I couldn't have filmed that and flown at the same time.

andarlite
03-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Hey Mike

Nice video...... and man, your cockpit is looking fabulous. Any chance you could shoot a video of an approach in to Rwy 8 at Innsbruck via the SBG2A via RTT? I want to see if I'm doing it right.

Regards,
Henry

Michael Carter
03-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Sure, I'm familiar with that procedure. It's a circling approach using INN I believe. I'll have to get my ADF working again.

After installing the Open Cockpits nav heads, I lost the on-board ADF. Gotta have ADF at Innsbruck.

If I get it working again, I'll post a video later this afternoon.