PDA

View Full Version : AFT OVH - PMSys 122

Tony
03-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Hi,

When AFT OVH is activated in the software there appear several (amber) failure indications and flags
in the PFD : ATT - HDG - VERT
in the ND : MAP.

Can any more advanced pilot tell me what are the required settings in the AFT OVH and how to overcome these failures, software-wise for the moment, because my hardware AFT OVH is NOT connected yet (being built at the moment).

Thanks beforehand
Kind regards
TONY

airbus319
03-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Sounds like the IRS is set to off or not aligned Tony,

You should be able to align the IRS via your CDU in the PosInit page, basically you need to tell the aircraft where it is LAT long.

Sorry I cant go into more detail I need to get back to work.

David.

AchillesP
03-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Hi,

First enter position on CDU.
Second allign the IRS.

This is how it works.

Hi,

When AFT OVH is activated in the software there appear several (amber) failure indications and flags

Can any more advanced pilot tell me what are the required settings in the AFT OVH and how to overcome these failures, software-wise for the moment, because my hardware AFT OVH is NOT connected yet (being built at the moment).

Thanks beforehand
Kind regards
TONY

Tony
03-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Thanks guys,

Positioning in CDU puts the plane off place. Must be inaccurate Scenery software I guess.

In the .lgc file I have set both irsselectors to (1) ON and this did the trick.

Kind regards
TONY

Tony
03-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Hi Captains,

My AFT OVH is now connected with PMSys.
IRS system seems to work fine with the exception that both IRS (L+R) give a "DC FAIL" on ground as well as in the air.

In the OVH I have only wired for battery.
Battery is on and selector is on BAT.

What other selectors/positions may be envolved ?

Kind regards
Tony

Pim van Vrijaldenhoven
03-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Hi,

Thanks beforehand
Kind regards
TONY

Hallo Tony,

According to the 737NG CBT that have a copy of, you start by entering the position in the CDU Pos page. Then set both IRS selectors to NAV. They will light white. Then after 5 to 10 minutes, depending on latitude you are, they will extinguish and the ND and PFD will be active. There are many possible error conditions, but this for a standard procedure after they have been off.

Best regards,

--pim

Tony
03-13-2009, 04:22 AM
Hi Pim,

The IRS works as it should, except for these DC FAIL warning lights that keep on burning.
If nobody else has this problem it must be due to a faulty wiring in my set-up.

Kind regards
Tony

Pim van Vrijaldenhoven
03-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Hallo Tony,

I am still in the process of wiring the AFT panel, so I cannot check what you are seeing. The pmSystems interface shows, however, that DCON turns off after about 5 seconds.

I hope to have my stuff going the next couple of days - depending on the weather. The nicer the weather - the less time I spend on my flightdeck.

Best regards,

--pim

michelmvd
03-16-2009, 05:51 AM
Hi Tony,
I'm not sure which aircraft type you talking about, but I think for a B738 its the same as the B744. You must set the power to STND BY Power in order let work the system correctly.
BAT will drain the battery.

B. Rgds
Michel

Tony
03-16-2009, 06:35 AM
Hi Michel,

Standby power is on AUTO all the time for my 737-700 NG.
I will check the wiring of the DC selector as well.

When turning the IRS MSU to NAV, the DC power test is OK.

In a way am happy it does not work as it should be right away.
Would not be that much fun.

Kind regards
Tony

PS How is the motion 738 NG simulator at Bruges performing these days ?
Is the AFT OVH working there ?