PDA

View Full Version : Avro Lancaster Project

Crescent
03-01-2009, 11:47 PM
After much planning, I finally started to build today. Yay. It doesn't look like much so far, but it's the start of the throttle quadrant.

Tony Hill
03-01-2009, 11:51 PM
Off paper on to wood...now that's what I'm talkin' about...

Looking great mate. I wish I could get my woodwork as neat and even.

I'll be watching your project with extreme interest. I love the Lanc. Good luck..

Darryl

Crescent
04-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Well this part I decided to do out of aluminum with my friend's help. Here's some pics showing where we are at. The faceplate is nearly complete in the pics...the letters and arrows need painting, but we'll do that once we bend it over the housing and screw it down. We have modified a fews things here and there for ease of construction. I made the throttle and airscrew handles today as well as the knobs (George made those). They won't be identical to the real ones, but close enough. To get the shape of the real ones was very tough to lathe properly. All in all, it's coming together nicely and I'm hoping we will have it all together by the end of next weekend.

warvet
04-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Beautiful craftsmanship looks almost identical to the real one. Nice work. This might give you some ideas as well, http://www.btinternet.com/~Jeremy.a.hall/article.htm

Tim

Tony Hill
04-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Fantastic work mate. Really looking forward to watching your progress. Hopefully one day we can do a formation flight?

cheers

Darryl

Matt Olieman
04-14-2009, 07:00 AM
Nice aluminum work, wish I had those skills :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

Crescent
05-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Here's an updated link to the Lancaster Project. The throttle quadrant is done! Yes, it was painfull hehe. I won't point out the few flaws and inaccuracies, but i'ts real close...enjoy!

http://s718.photobucket.com/albums/ww185/Kroisant_2009/

warvet
05-08-2009, 10:24 PM
That is one seriously made piece of equipment, it looks like it came out of a 1940s plant yesterday :) beautiful craftsmanship. Nice job, if rest of the setup is close to this good this thing will be great. Seeing as your inn the same province I got to come see it when your done and shes flying :)

Tim
A10 Thunderbolt II

Tony Hill
05-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Absolutely stunning!!!!

Marvellous work, can't wait to see more progress.

Darryl