PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic Engine Start Switch

captdave
02-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Hello.

I saw in a video, that someone had installed a magnetic engine start switch in the overhead panel.

when he switched the switch to GRD, so after a few seconds the switch jumped back into off position.

do anybody now, where i can purchase these switches?

Efe Cem Elci
02-28-2009, 02:27 PM
you can make them :)

http://www.hanskrohn.com/BuildingTips/EngStartSwitch/EngineStartSwitch.htm

By the way, I love this guy's mini overhead....

I've just recently seen another home made but very professional solution to making a magnetically latched/turning switch.

Philb737
02-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Hi Captdave,
If you're lucky you can find them on ebay, but they are not cheap!!! I paid $2400 for two and they are worth every penny;)! Look in the download section I believe there is a DIY step by step switch mod by one of our member.
Good luck

alfsky
02-28-2009, 06:59 PM
You can also use servo for this function

flyboy01
02-28-2009, 07:19 PM
Hi CaptDave,
I have made my own engine start switches, which i made a a tutorial for. The tutorial is in power point format (ppt) and is available in the tutorials download section of this site. Any further questions and you can also pm me and i can email you this file as well if you are having trouble.
Kind regards
Trevor Wimmer

captdave
03-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Thank you very much for your help. i will look and see how to make it.

P1IC
03-06-2009, 06:42 PM
$2400 for two switches? Are you nuts? Sorry, silly question, of course you are. We are ALL nuts! :D

But personally I'd make them, like others have done. I'd spend hours beavering away with springs, end-stop switches, latching solenoids and so on, until I had the action I needed. But then, I'm nuts. :cool:

Hi Captdave,
If you're lucky you can find them on ebay, but they are not cheap!!! I paid $2400 for two and they are worth every penny;)! Look in the download section I believe there is a DIY step by step switch mod by one of our member.
Good luck

Jackpilot
03-07-2009, 12:21 AM
$2400 for two switches? Are you nuts? Sorry, silly question, of course you are. We are ALL nuts! :D

But personally I'd make them, like others have done. I'd spend hours beavering away with springs, end-stop switches, latching solenoids and so on, until I had the action I needed. But then, I'm nuts. :cool:

Building one from scratch , including design, prototype, test, redo, rethink, find parts, will eat a few weeks of your free time. Divide 2400 by the number of hours you spent on the project and you will see that you may be offscale too, as far as logic is concerned.!!
Of course we are nuts
Cheers
jack