PDA

View Full Version : FSUIPC assignment problems

mach7
02-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Hello;

Here is my hardware system set up so far....momentary ON rocker switch connected through a rotary 'engines' selector switch to a leo bondar I/O board usb connected to Flight sim 2004.

I have assigned engine 1 autostart, engine 2 autostart, engine 3 autostart, and engine 4 autostart through FSIPCU assignments.

When I use the hardware through the I/O board to the computer, it works perfectly until I get to engine 3 and 4.

When I start 3, not only will the engine start, but the parking brake will be released.

When I start 4, it also changes my outside view. If I continue to press the start function, the views will cycle through until i get back to the cockpit.

I have tried to deselect these items throught flight sims options>controls>change assignments. But I cannot seem to clear these unwanted items.

Am I missing something simple here?

By the way, thank you for the heads up on stepper motors...very good information indeed....thank you again.

-Jim

Rodney
02-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Sounds like a port on the card is actually doing 2 things. Use the joystick control in FS and depress your switch. See if for exacmple buttons 3 & 5 light at the same time for one switch movement. If so you need diodes.

Trevor Hale
02-24-2009, 12:12 PM
First check Flightsim's Joystick screen to make sure that you CLEAR all the joystick assignments that default were set to leo's card.

Michael Carter
02-24-2009, 12:47 PM
And keep an eye on FS's assignments if using FS9. They like to magically re-assign themselves. It wouldn't be the first time this as occured.

This used to happen to me too. If I had to have the overhead open to set an ADF frequency and while having the overhead open, reached up and hit the No Smoking switch, the panel would automatically close and return me to the outside forward view.

I never did attempt to fix this and the only reason to have the overhead pop up open is to set an ADF Q. Everything else is on Leo's card and FSUIPC. Soon, I'll never have to open it again.