PDA

View Full Version : Fourth monitor no workie

Michael Carter
02-22-2009, 01:04 AM
I hooked up a Samsung 19" LCD to the extra output I had after installing the new video card to run the engine gauges.

That was a disaster. FS froze up five times before I finally got the right side image on the extra monitor. After a few minutes of resizing, my frame rate dropped to a low of 1 to a high of 6.4. It brought the system to it's knees. As soon as I closed that right window view the frames shot back up to 22 at Mega Heathrow.

I wonder if swapping outputs would help? I could swap the main instrument panel and the extra right side view on the cards. The outside view would then be running on the stronger card.

I really don't think a 2.0 Gb processor has enough muscle to drive this many monitors no matter which cards they are plugged into.

Oh well. I'm satisfied for now, but WidevieW or a Matrox unit is probably going to be the next item for the sim in a year or so.

You should have seen the push out of the gate. It looked like a very slow slide show. One monitor moving the view and then the other. Taking turns rendering as it was. :roll::roll::roll:

Rodney
02-22-2009, 02:01 AM
I would put the most graphic intensive on the best card. Because you have 2 cards, try the instruments and eng stack on the other card. But if you are using all 4 ports (are they all digital or analog?) then the outside on best card port 1, eng stack port 2, Capt & FO on the other card. Although you only have a 2.0 Ghz, if it is a single core it may not have enough to quickly route the instructions. Wonder how Joe is running his? You might scan his web site.

Michael Carter
02-22-2009, 02:07 AM
It's a Core 2 Duo, but I still think it lacks the umph to get the job done.

Each of the cards has one analog and one digital output. I might play with it some more tomorrow night after work.