PDA

View Full Version : FSX and full supported PM aircraft

FlightsimBerlin
02-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Dear All, this is my first thread and i'm happy to found this valuable site.

I'm actually using FS9 with PMDG737, PM System, PM GC FO&CPT, PM MCP, CDU & RCDU...so almost full house.

MCP, Overhead, Radios, Com are controlled by hardware solutions.

Everythings works fine and stable.

I plan now to change over to FSX.

Is there an existing FSX (because of graphic enhancements) solution / airplane which i can use in FSX to get an almost same result like now including flight performance / characteristics?

I churn up so many threads ...then more i read then more im confused.

I figure out:
- no there is no fully supported aircraft for PM and FSX, is this correct?
- specally the overhead is a big open topic yet because of the missing plane which supports the overhead features?
- it's possible to use FS9 PMDG in FSX without panels (which would be ok for me)
- PMDGs 737 FSX should arrive mid of the this year (...so not before 2010)...and it's unclear if this ride will work

Question: is there any stable and working solution with FSX

Thank for all hints, greetings Henning

Trevor Hale
02-10-2009, 05:23 PM
I am in the middle of this transition as we speak. When I get home tonight, I am hoping to dump my PMDG into FSX, I have read there is a way to achieve this.

I will post back tomorrow with my findings.

Trev

FlightsimBerlin
02-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Thank you very much Trev...i'm waiting :-)

autocadplease
02-10-2009, 06:48 PM
I successfully installed PMDG 737 into FSX (in Vista & Windows 7 beta) using the "Windows XP" compatibility and "Run as administrator". I did have to move some files because FS9's file structure doesn't have the SimObjects folder. I was not able to install the PMDG 737-800/900 addon (but that was because of Vista not FSX).

Everything seems works in FSX (aircraft performance / characteristics are good), except if you use "Preview Direct X 10" the aircraft skin textures do not show. You get an all aluminum looking aircraft.

Now, keep in mind I only use the aircraft file and PMDG overhead. I use Project Magenta's Boeing GC, MCP and CDU - so I deleted some gauges/panels from the panel.cfg file in order for Project Magenta's software to work.

The pop-ups that show up in FS9 showing the databases being loaded does not display for me in FSX - so maybe PMDG's CDU doesn't work? I don't know.

Peter Dowson
02-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Everything seems works in FSX (aircraft performance / characteristics are good), except if you use "Preview Direct X 10" the aircraft skin textures do not show. You get an all aluminum looking aircraft.

The Add-On Converter X add on (http://www.flightsimtools.com/adconvx) deals with that quite well! ;-)

Regards

Pete