PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question: Which Airplane??

trauma2005
02-04-2009, 12:46 AM
Im trying to decide which aircraft to model. I am leaning towards the 767 so i can make short hops as well as the intercontinental flights. However the parts for the 737NG seem to be more widely available. Do most people that build 737NG's just ignore the range limit on them and still make the long flights or do most people only fly realistic flights? I just dont want to limit myself. Thanks

ian@737ng.co.uk
02-04-2009, 05:15 AM
captain, good day......
the only person who can decide is you. my slant on it is that i went with a 737 because quite rightly as you say there is much more hardware and panel choice, but also i wanted to have an 'ongoing' interaction with the aircraft.
for example on a short flight, so much goes on in a short time from turning the aircraft on at the gate to shutting it down at the destination. the cruise phase for me can be anything from 30 mins to 2 hours and personally i prefer a short TOC to TOD distance. once you reach the top of climb, you are now starting to plan your descent and approach already. it's all about what your expectations are.
and of course the 737 has a respectable range that is going to keep you in the air for 5 hours. i fly across the atlantic from time to time, stopping for gas and a coffee in iceland and another colleague daveanne, flew his around the world.
trust your instincts, go where your heart leads you and you'll make the right decision.
good luck and regards from a very, very cold UK. ian

Jackpilot
02-04-2009, 08:03 AM
"Trauma !!"
New parts for 767 are available:
http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/ac_type.php?id=12&PHPSESSID=a8u8fp1djtgvvrhs76oa51anr3

fweinrebe
02-04-2009, 03:14 PM
Don't forget the B777. It's the biggest twin from Boeing. It has the range. Load it lightly and you can do small hops as well.

It has a good avionics software suite available as well, Sim-Avionics. Some builders reckon the overhead panels are easier to build.

trauma2005
02-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Are there any businesses that offer the full 777 cockpit or at least all the parts? I see lots with 737NG stuff

visualchaosfx
03-22-2009, 09:33 AM
When I was trying to decide what airplane to model, I was all gung ho on the 747. Its a great plane and stuff. You can do short hops in it as well but ultimately I chose to do a one seater 737 because of the fact that there are more parts available for it and to me, it seems there is more interaction between the user and the airplane systems.