PDA

View Full Version : Hrdware question. (Nuts and bolts)

Buddym
02-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Does anyone have a link to a company they use to buy hardware? I need to find a good, reliable, known source for 4-40 and up hardware like slotted blind nuts (not t-nuts) and such.

Thanks,
Buddy

Rodney
02-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Buddy,
Try Ace Hardware. I don't know of the specific ones you are looking for, but they have had everything I have needed screw/bolt/nut wise. Other than that, check your local listings for a fastner dealer. They don't like onesy's twosy's but a sale is a sale. Or how about the local airport maintenance facility. I know I can get everything from fabric dope to a full ultralight in the ones at Meadow Lake airport here.

Kerbo
02-02-2009, 12:03 PM
I get my small stuff from Ace Hardware and Radio Shack. If they don't have what you need try online with McMaster Carr (http://www.mcmaster.com/), they have about everything.

Michael Carter
02-02-2009, 12:11 PM
I don't think there is anything they don't have.

One of Boeing Skunk Works prime sub-contractors.

Buddym
02-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Actually I was looking for size 4-40 slotted blind nuts and they didn't have them. Still looking too....

No Longer Active
02-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Would ebay not be any good?, usually theres always a good bargain to be found on there!

Regards,

Alex

Rodney
02-02-2009, 06:25 PM
How about your local RC hobby shop? I sem to remember them on some RC Cars I once had.

Westozy
02-02-2009, 08:46 PM
I don't think my suppliers would be any good to you unless you were popping over to Oz. Thanks guys for assisting this member!

Gwyn

P1IC
04-21-2009, 08:26 PM
I don't think there is anything they don't have.

One of Boeing Skunk Works prime sub-contractors.

Respect, Michael, but McMaster-Carr sucks. I saw they had some 3/64 drill blanks so I asked what the shipping to Canada was. No deal. Too difficult. Too much work to put a half-dozen little pieces of wire in an envelope and ship it all the way across the world to Canada. They said the export regs were too much to handle.

So I got them from www.icscuttingtools.com, and actually for less than the McMaster price, no problem, VERY pleasant comms, keen-ness to help.

They didn't seem to have the same export issues that the Big Boy had. Funny, that. All it takes is a customs declaration.

Now if I was ordering truckloads, maybe McMaster-Carr would have worked, and ICS Cutting Tools might not, but I'm like everyone else here, I'm just this guy, so truckloads are not involved. But ICS delivered where Mc***-*** scoffed.

But I'll say this: if I ever DO need a truckload (or any other quantity, for that matter), guess where Ill try first.

blueskydriver
04-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Goto Tower Hobbies (towerhobbies.com) and search for the 4-40 bolts with blind nuts, also try Du-Bro (RC company) and they sell them in other various sizes and lengths.

I know you can buy them in bulk (4-40 x 1/2) from Micro Fasteners in New Jersy.

$4.35/100 Alloy Steel, $6.65/100 Stainless and $7.50/50 Aluminum.

Their phone number is 1-800-892-6917 and website is: www.microfasteners.com

I'm sure they would have many other diferent sizes and likely would have blind nuts because they know behind every bolt is a nut...

John