PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here!

Rotor_Head
01-31-2009, 05:37 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum, but been in the sim community for a while. I joined this site to gather more information towards my goal of building my project. My goal is to build a replica of a Eurocopter EC-135. At my previous job, I was the recruiter and fan of Memorial Hermann Life Flight. Let's just say that I had the chance to be around and inside the EC-145. They are very similar to the 135's, cockpit wise. I am gathering all the data needed and choosing the avionics that I want to incorporate. I have seen many configurations, so the choices are out there. Currently I am exploring FS2Phidget and SIOC to see what is a better fit. If anyone has suggestion on how to replicate Bendix/King CD-402B like the pictures below, that would be very grateful! Let's not forget the subject that has come to everyone’s mouth at one point... the rotary encoders/switch! Still trying to figure a simple alternative; simple means cheap!:p I speak fluently French and English so inputs from both are more than welcome.

Until then... Have a great flight!

No Longer Active
01-31-2009, 06:46 PM
Hi welcome to the site!

It would be great to see your progress on your project as the local police in my area have a Eurocopter EC - 145, infact alot of UK counties own these helicopters as police choppers as they are 'VERY' fast and excellent for catching criminals!

I know that simkits.com have alot of helicopter stuff on their site so worth alook!

Anyway good luck pal,

AlexPilot2008

Mike.Powell
01-31-2009, 08:05 PM
Hi and welcome. Good to see another helicopter sim! Not nearly enough of them in the community, IMHO. (Far too many of those boring big iron thingies ;))

Rotor_Head
02-01-2009, 12:04 AM
Mike,

Your website is the bomb by the way! It is kind of my GoTo website when in need of inspiration!

Robert

Trevor Hale
02-01-2009, 09:41 AM
Robert,

Welcome to MyCockpit.

Mike is a Pioneer in this hobby, and without him, a lot of us wouldn't be working on the projects we are today.

Great to have you here.

Best regards,

Trev

rotorxtcy
02-18-2009, 06:37 PM
Hi
I hope you post your progress. I am a future ppl since coming to this site I have found the best information amoung simmers as well as pro's. You will find a lot of info here. :eek:
Oh... Also Craigslist is full of parts and stuff.

av1ator
03-10-2009, 08:34 PM
My name is Daniel, I am doing my CPL at Massey University School of Aviation. My Goal is to build a close replica of a 737ng, I have started to build the throttle quadrant and is looking good.

Will keep posted over the coming months