PDA

View Full Version : XPUIPC the missing link to X-Plane

Spyy
01-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Hi,

I am referring to this thread: Project Magenta: An Open Letter to the Sim Community (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14834) PM & X-Plane Poll (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14848)
Some years ago I started working on a plugin which connects X-Plane with ProjectMagenta staff....

Today I release a new version 2.0.0.0 for X-Plane 9 and X-Plane 10 32/64 bit.

New: XPUIPC Package 2.0.0.0

http://tosi-online.de/XPUIPC/XPUIPC_files/Releasebanner%202.0.0.0%20fertig.png (http://www.tosi-online.de/XPUIPC/XPUIPC.html)

Version highlights:

It is now for XP9 and XP10 32/64 bit
Many improvements for our cockpitbuilders, thanks for the feedback!!
We have a pushback now via offsets. You can adjust the speed in the XPUIPC menu
You can control XSquawkbox VATSIM plugin via offsets (from 0x10000 above)
Many new offsets complete list comes if documentation will be ready (soon)
Redone the interface between X-Plane and XPWideClient. Its is now smooth and fast.
You can do logging of offsets on the client (see in the XPWideClient menu, if you click once it logs if you click again it stops.) At the moment the check is missing.

Please read "readme first!!!!!.txt" first before you start. Updated manual will follow.

Have fun

Torsten

Trevor Hale
01-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Torsten,

Welcome to Mycockpit.org

This is in fact a fantastic piece of KIT. I would like to give it a go. Thanks very much for this, I am sure there are a few of us that would like to try it.

Have you ever planned on working on this more?

Thanks again and Huge *Thumbs Up*

Spyy
01-30-2009, 04:10 PM
lets see...nice to hear....

Try it out, if a lot of people have fun I will think about it...;)

Torsten

maliga00
01-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Hi this is my first reply here because my english is very poor. I read a lot here and I learn a lot too. Please, works hard in this interface. A new horizonts will open in flight simulations. Thanks in advance.
Alberto

Trevor Hale
01-30-2009, 09:55 PM
Alberto.

Welcome officially to Mycockpit. It doesn't matter if your English is good or not, We're a family that will try to understand one way or another.

He said he will work on it, if we can show him enough interest.

Lets hope we can..

Trev

ak49er
01-30-2009, 10:52 PM
This would be grounbreaking for sure I only wish I had the skills neccassary to help on this project. As I posted earlier, I would absolutely be ecstatic if his worked. I could complete a CPT/FBTD I have been working on.

oal331
01-31-2009, 02:45 AM
lets see...nice to hear....

Try it out, if a lot of people have fun I will think about it...;)

Torsten

Thanks a lot sharing this tool with MyCockpit's family members.

I believe you can find many people here would like to help you, to work with you on a such project. I'm offering first.

regards

fweinrebe
01-31-2009, 03:59 AM
Nice work Torsten,

what programming language did you use?

Spyy
01-31-2009, 05:10 AM
Hi,

thanks for your nice replies ;) that is motivating...

Is there someone who tried it out and can give me some feedback:

- PC System you run it on
- Problems with installation
- Problems using it, crashes, bugs etc.
- Performance issues
- Suggestions what to do next

@fweinrebe: I am using normal C code...the challenge is to translate the X-Plane variables from the wonderful X-Plane SDK to FSUIPC offsets...

Torsten

fweinrebe
01-31-2009, 05:46 AM
I am still waiting for my X-Plane DVD's to arrive. so I can't give feedback yet. You'll have tons of answers shortly I'm sure.

What I can suggest is that if you are willing, team up with more developers and make this a team effort. Instead of taking 3 years to complete, 3 developers might help you complete it in one year for example. With FSPUIC Pete was lucky he had time on his side (I think). X-Plane users who really want this, probably wanted it last year already.

Then I would suggest that you don't just market or direct your attention just to Project Magenta, but to make it a more an industry wide solution. There are other vendors such as http://www.sim-avionics.com/ and http://www.elliesystems.com/ that will and should also benefit from this. I didn't even mention the other project's and individuals that also uses FSPUIC to interface with their gauges.

And get a good connection with X-Plane developers so that you have access to new releases long before they are released.

And of course very good documentation (like Pete's FSPUIC documentation) will also do wonders.

ivar hestnes
01-31-2009, 06:05 AM
I would like to use sim-avionics with x-plane for sure. If that would be possible to do.

Hmmmm. Maybe a 777 project coming up, lol;)

Peter Dowson
01-31-2009, 06:46 AM
I am using normal C code...the challenge is to translate the X-Plane variables from the wonderful X-Plane SDK to FSUIPC offsets...

When Enrico wanted to try to support X-Plane, I made a program called "IPCserver" for him, which is basically a free-standing EXE version of WideServer with no relationship to FS or FSUIPC. It "dummied" the FSUIPC-own values, including all of the application-assigned offsets, and allowed a client application to populate the FS-driven values and read/act upon the written ones.

The idea is that an X-Plane (or any other sim) plug-in would act like a Wideclient application, except interfacing to IPCserver. The latter then services all WideClients on a Network just as WideServer would for FS.

If Enrico is not going to have the time or inclination to develop for X-Plane, then possibly he will license IPCserver to you for use with your XPUIPC. It certainly can't hurt to ask him. Else he may wish to relinquish his claim upon it (as I built it for him under a gentleman's agreement) so that I could supply copies. Of course it would only be free to registered WideFS users -- it has its own set of registration keys, though, so could be licensed separately.

Regards

Pete

Spyy
01-31-2009, 09:20 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your comments...
Perhaps I explain the "concept" behind the XPUIPC plugin.

It is a X-Plane plugin which "emulates" an FSUIPC interface. This means that an external application (which has an FSUIPC interface eg. PM, FSBUS, etc.) "thinks" that it "sees" an FSUIPC interface.

What the XPUIPC is doing is first connect and than answers the FSUIPC requests.
To do so I build an FSUIPC interface which is able to answer the requests. Behind this is a "translator" which translates the internal X-Plane vars to FSUIPC offsets.

Example for offset 0x578 (Pitch):

case 0x578: /* Pitch, *360/(65536*65536) for degrees. 0=level, –ve=pitch up, +ve=pitch down */
{
__int32 Pitch;

Pitch = (__int32) (XPLMGetDataf(FSDataRefMemBlock[0x578]) * -11930464.711111111111);
// 360 * 65536 * 65536 * - 1;
if(DetailedReadLogging)
fprintf(gOutputFile, "Offset 0x578 Pitch %i\n", Pitch);
CopyToFSVarMemBlock(0x578, 4, &Pitch);
i += 4;
}

Further I plan to implement an "XPwideserver" plugin (like the fantastic widerserver/client of you Peter) which is able to provide data in a network of PCs.

At the moment I focused on offsets that are used by PM GC to show that it works.

@Peter: I think I have not really understood the thing with the IPCserver:(
When I started the "project" I had contact to both of you (Peter and Enrico) and you helped me very much....

Torsten

Peter Dowson
01-31-2009, 11:06 AM
Perhaps I explain the "concept" behind the XPUIPC plugin.

I understood the concept anyway. The problem with that approach is that you would also have to write a WideServer to work with it, and that will be very hard as I have no documentation on the protocols for talking to Wideclients.

Without WideFS support you will be forcing PM users (and othersd) to run all of their FSUIPC client applications on the one PC, alongside X-Plane. That really is not good for many. I run my cockpit with 8 - 10 computers and about 30 application programs are involved.

Further I plan to implement an "XPwideserver" plugin (like the fantastic widerserver/client of you Peter) which is able to provide data in a network of PCs.

Okay ... so you are going to make your own XWideClient too, or do you hope to emulate the WideFS exchanges so that it works with my WideClient?

I think I have not really understood the thing with the IPCserver:(
When I started the "project" I had contact to both of you (Peter and Enrico) and you helped me very much....

The IPCserver program is an EXE which actually contains and maintains the "offset" data, receiving it and sending it to anything emulating a Wideclient or a direct FSUIPC client. So WideCients see it as a WideServer, and local FSUIPC applications see it as FS + FSUIPC.

Any program can therefore link to it, as an FSUIPC client, either directly (locally) or via WideClient from a networked PC, and populate/maintain/obey the values in the offsets which relate to its own operation. A plug-in for X-Plane, for example, or a plug-in for any other program for that matter.

Another way of looking at it is to consider X-Plane + PlugIn as just another IPC client, the same as all of the others linking to IPCserver -- the server becomes the hub, the centre of the star, instead of the simulator itself.

The hub can even be on a different PC with the plug-in interfacing to a WideClient on the X-Plane PC, though for timing purposes this probably isn't a good idea.

Regards

Pete

maliga00
01-31-2009, 06:00 PM
Thanks Trevor!!. I am very glad here. I hope too...
Regards, Alberto

Melnato
01-31-2009, 07:29 PM
Pete and Torsten...you are teasing now!:)

I, and I'm sure others would pay for the ability to use PM and X-Plane...
my copy of X-Plane is on the way...cant wait to try it out

Nat

JonathanRichardson
02-01-2009, 06:37 AM
Hi

IPCServer is only sold currently under a professional license, it is not something made available for general usage. On a professional level, with the right skills (ideally a programmers skills) it is of course possible to connect X-Plane to PM - but it would still require a considerable amount of work.

Regards
Jonathan Richardson

Peter Dowson
02-01-2009, 07:59 AM
IPCServer is only sold currently under a professional license, it is not something made available for general usage. On a professional level, with the right skills (ideally a programmers skills) it is of course possible to connect X-Plane to PM - but it would still require a considerable amount of work.

Thanks for the clarification Jonathan. I will leave it to Thorsten as to whether he wishes to try to start negotiations with Enrico concerning IPCserver licensing, or to go his own way and make his own networking system.

I should think he is well aware that it is a lot of work! ;-)

Best Regards

Pete

warvet
02-02-2009, 01:56 AM
Hey Guys,
I have Xplane version 9.22 and I installed this program into the resources folder plugin folder then started Xplane and PM didnt work then I reinstalled it in the resources>plugin>plugin Administrator still no pm :( I turned on FS9 and PM worked great soo I know FSUIPC and Wide Client are working fine anyone know what Im doing wrong?
Thanks in advance
Tim

Peter Dowson
02-02-2009, 06:22 AM
I have Xplane version 9.22 and I installed this program into the resources folder plugin folder then started Xplane and PM didnt work then I reinstalled it in the resources>plugin>plugin Administrator still no pm :( I turned on FS9 and PM worked great soo I know FSUIPC and Wide Client are working fine
FSUIPC and WideFS are irrelevant to this XPUIPC plug-in, as it is emulating part of FSUIPC, only -- no network servicing. It sounds like you have your PM components on networked client PCs, which won't work with this solution at present.

Pete

Spyy
02-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks for trying the plugin Tim,:)

thanks Pete for your help:D

first of all which PM are you using: Airbus, Boeing, GA ? Only a few offsets are present at the moment.

Then:
1. Check if Xplane and PM are on the same PC
if yes
2. Check if XPUIPC plugin is located in: ..\X-Plane 9\Resources\plugins
if yes
3. Start X-Plane and check in the X-Plane menue "Plugins" "Plugin Admin" "PlugIn Information" if the plugin is active and running (Name of plugin is XPUIPC)
if yes
4. Close X-Plane again. In the ..\X-Plane 9\ folder there will be a file XPUIPC.txt. This is generated by the XPUIPC plugin to see what it is doing.

Send this to me via private message. Then I will look into it.

Thanks

Torsten

warvet
02-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Hi Torsten,
Ok heres update yes I checked and XPUIPC is active and enabled is checked however no PM activity at all. XPlane is working 100% also I have airbus GC and software all airbus so if yours is not airbus can you get me one that I can try for airbus. Thx Torsten.
Tim

Spyy
02-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Hi Torsten,
Ok heres update yes I checked and XPUIPC is active and enabled is checked however no PM activity at all. XPlane is working 100% also I have airbus GC and software all airbus so if yours is not airbus can you get me one that I can try for airbus. Thx Torsten.
Tim

Tim,

I tried out XPUIPC with Airbus too it works here on my system.

Please make sure that PM and X-Plane are on the same PC!
Please send me the XPUIPC.txt file via private message....

Every one else with the same problem ?

Torsten

Trevor Hale
02-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Just waiting for the wife to let me order my copy of X-Plane so for me I will try it soon.

Trev

mattford1
02-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Hi,

I am referring to this thread: http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14834 http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14848

Some years ago I started working on a plugin which connects X-Plane with ProjectMagenta staff....

Please find attached the plugin...

It is like it is, in an early beta stage and has the following limitations:

- Working only on same PC with X-Plane PM
- Tested with Boeing pfd, mcp and CDU and Airbus pfd
- Available FSUIPC Offsets (read only)
0x20, 0x238, 0x23B, 0x23C, 0x246, 0x274, 0x2A0, 0x2B4, 0x2B8, 0x2BC, 0x2C8, 0x330, 0x366, 0x36E, 0x560, 0x568, 0x570, 0x574, 0x578, 0x57C, 0x580, 0x7BC, 0xC56, 0x3060, 0x3068, 0x3070, 0x3078, 0x31E4, 0x337E

Just put the plugin into the plugin folder of X-Plane and start X-Plane and PM on the same PC. Works fine for me on a Quad Core 2.4 GHz with NVIDIA 8800 GTS.

Have fun

Bye

Torsten

This would truly be fantastic. I don't think at the present time there is interest from PM to tackle this issue, so it would be great to see someone else go at it.

Matt

mattford1
02-05-2009, 12:44 PM
So does this plugin work across the network, ie. does PM have to be on the same machine as X-Plane or will this work with WideFS?

Thanks,
Matt

Spyy
02-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Hi Matt,

not working over net yet. I am working on a additional plugin called XPWideServer/Client (same as WideFS; only for X-Plane).
So not working with wideFS...sorry.

Try it out on one PC. With a strong graphic card (e.g. 8800 GTS) I get good framerates.

Torsten

warvet
02-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Hey Torsten,
Ya thats my situation my Xplane is on a difft cpu than PM and thats not possible for me because all my instrumentation monitors are setup on other cpus and it would be far to complex to switchit around and chg my setup. But when widefs is working I 1000% in. thanks for all your effort Torsten its much appreciated.

Tim

mattford1
02-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Same here. As soon as it's working on a network, I'm there!

mcenteno
02-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Hi Trevor,

We have it for you here as soon you are ready to order it!

http://www.cockpitsonicusa.com/oxid.php/sid/bcc4e91faa2cf13e8a9d1e62ba2d5dae/cl/details/anid/59248a2cebc4751b7.09630870/X-Plane-9.0/

Cheers from Texas!

MC

spoofon
02-15-2009, 04:31 AM
tried it over a network, had x-plane running on 2 machines and on the client gaifr maximized to full screen over the top of x plane word ok.
Less fps of course on gaifr but was still useable.:D

Spyy
02-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi,

working hard to make XPUIPC run over network. In principal it is running but for my taste not smooth enough. Also had some crashes on the client.....soon I will "release" an optimized XPUIPC with XPWideFS included....

What I found out according framerates:

On one PC it works best if you have a dual monitor setup. Then start X-Plane in full screen (Not windowed) mode on one monitor, PM on the other. => Very good framerates on my system:

OS=Vista
GPU=NVIDIA 8800GTS => dual monitor setup 1440x900 each
CPU=Quadcore 2,4 GHz
X-Plane running with 1440x900
and PM Boeing on the other screen.

=> X-Plane approx 40-50 Frames
=> PM 40-50 Frames, data rate => 20-30

Torsten

warvet
02-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Out of curiosity anyone know how to use 2 monitors for Xplane, to get front and side view? So far I can not find anyway to undock a view or anything of the sort, i don't think its possible. just wondering.

Tim

fweinrebe
02-21-2009, 02:30 AM
Hi Tim,

in the X-Plane Handbook: http://www.x-plane.com/XPlane9ManualWeb.pdf.zip, look on page 40-42 (PDF Page No.). There is an explanation on how to setup multiple views. Looks like you need another PC on the network to get the sideview.

Spyy
02-21-2009, 05:05 AM
Hi Tim,

what I did:

I have an nvidia card with two VGA outputs, so it is able to spread the desktop (Windows XP,2000,Vista) over two monitors. That you can achive in the nvidia settings.
Then if you have this you can tell X-Plane to set to full screen mode in the graphical options menue.

Example:

Two monitors 1440x900 each
Set X-Plane resolution to 1440x990 => you have a full screen X-Plane on one monitor. On the other you have still the desktop. There you can start PM. Then give the focus back to X-Plane. I will attache a photo next time.

Bye

Torsten

warvet
02-21-2009, 07:35 AM
Yes Torsten,
i have done this a long time ago , but what im wondering is the 2nd monitor I have is on my Left window so Im interested in transfering a side view there, thats what im hoping is possible. im not interested in putting PM there cause it would be annoying having PM on my left side as instruments when I have PM already in front of me on 3 other Computers. Unfortunately they dont connect to Xplane yet lol. Anyway thx fer help Torsten.

Tim

Spyy
02-21-2009, 07:39 PM
Hi,

as promised the new files. Please read carefully the readme first.txt file included in the zip.

Main Changes:
- Optimized XPUIPC performance
- Added XPWideServer/Client functionality to split it over several PCs. (XPWideServer is included in XPUIPC.)

Update: I removed the file here. It is now here:

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14896

at the beginning of this thread.

Have fun

Torsten

RogerW
02-22-2009, 03:26 AM
Hi Spyy,

Does it mean that XPUIPC will allow every FSUIPC based program to run on X-Plane, or it is especially written for P.M.
Thanks for the reply

Regards

Roger

Spyy
02-22-2009, 03:39 AM
Hi Roger,

in principle yes.
It is not specialy related to PM. It emulates FSUIPC at nearest as it can. Which program do you have ? Just start it and try it out....
The limitation at the moment is, that not all off the FSUIPC offsets possible are available (see the text in the starting thread). But I am working on it....

Bye

Torsten

RogerW
02-22-2009, 04:52 AM
Hi Torsten,

I believe that this plugin will be a huge revolution in the X-Plane world. Being on Mac OS, I cannot yet try your plugin.
Do you think possible to compile (in the future, not yet in beta stage) a OSX version of the plugin for Mac?
Some X-Plane user have already networked successfully Macs and PCs together.
Thanks in advance.

Roger

Spyy
02-22-2009, 05:18 AM
Hi Roger,

I have absolutely no experience with MAC. The only thing I have from Apple is an iPod.....;)

I will write this on my "list".....but this will not be possible soon....

Sorry...

Bye

Torsten

RogerW
02-22-2009, 05:50 AM
There are probably some Mac user able to do it if they can access to the source codes.

mattford1
02-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Hi. Has anyone seen this error message when trying to start the client app? I got it to run on one machine but can't get it to run on another machine (running windows xp home edition).

Thx.

"The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem"

spoofon
02-23-2009, 10:42 AM
hi I have the same problem too.

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.

windows xp home sp2

many thanks spoofon

spoofon
02-23-2009, 11:52 AM
you need this

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

spoofon

mattford1
02-23-2009, 01:44 PM
That fixed it thanks!

Spyy
02-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Hi again,

updated file at the beginning of this thread. Hopefully it takes care of the error message:

"The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem"

...and you do not need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package package anymore.

Other changes are listed in the readme first!!!.txt which is included in the package.

Feedback welcome....

Torsten

abril
02-24-2009, 05:43 AM
Hi Torsten.
I cannot help him to you in technical questions because I lack knowledge for it, but that I can be offered to serve as betatester, and as far as possible to contribute to that this product his works perfectly.
Greetings.

Israel Abril Fernández

tmolina
03-02-2009, 10:21 PM
OK
Congratulations SPYY
This is the most value addon or plugin I have never seen.Awesome.
I have test it with Xplane last version,PM CDU (with Opencockpit IOCards RCDU and FlyEngravity CDU,PM PFD and ND Captain and FO sides,PMsounds,PM Quickmap and all works perfect,except for the known slow speed.
Other software like Thomas Richter TSR needs an Peter Dowson license, but seems they will work ok.
I have add the XPLUIPC from JR Ascanio to run the ON737systems (OVH,EICAS,EFIS,Fire panel) at the same time, so we have now MIP displays,Glare and pedestal for a full setup working.
Radios and Gauges from Flightillusion (new driver soon),controls from PFC (fine as always).Need to test cockpitsonic Transponder module.
For the hardware interface I am using SIOC and Opencockpits cards...also fine.

So Trevor,...a superb work done.Keep pushing forward with the project.
Yours
Tomas Molina
Canary Islands

[/I]
Hi Roger,

in principle yes.
It is not specialy related to PM. It emulates FSUIPC at nearest as it can. Which program do you have ? Just start it and try it out....
The limitation at the moment is, that not all off the FSUIPC offsets possible are available (see the text in the starting thread). But I am working on it....

Bye

Torsten

tmolina
03-02-2009, 10:30 PM
OK
Congratulations SPYY
I have test it with Xplane last version,PM CDU (with Opencockpit IOCards RCDU and FlyEngravity CDU,PM PFD and ND Captain and FO sides,PMsounds,PM Quickmap and all works perfect,except for the known slow speed.
Other software like Thomas Richter TSR needs an Peter Dowson license, but seems they will work ok.
I have add the XPLUIPC from JR Ascanio to run the ON737systems (OVH,EICAS,EFIS,Fire panel) at the same time, so we have now MIP displays,Glare and pedestal for a full setup working.
Radios and Gauges from Flightillusion (new driver soon),controls from PFC (fine as always).Need to test cockpitsonic Transponder module.

Yours
Tomas Molina
Canary Islands

tmolina
03-02-2009, 10:33 PM
OK
Congratulations SPYY

Yours
Tomas Molina
Canary Islands

Spyy
03-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Hi Tomas,

thanks for your finemotivating comments, that is really motivating.... :p

At the moment I am working on adding offsets and to make them writable.

Concerning performance issues:

Please run X-Plane in full window mode. This will speed up the things. I have a dual monitor setup on a quadcore 2,4 GHz with NVidia 8800GTS. If you start on the first monitor X-Plane and on the second Boeing GC then bring focus back to X-Plane I achive with medium X-Plane setup about 40-50 frames/sec and on PM 40-50 frames/sec with datarate 20-25.
With Airbus it seems different, don´t know why.....

Bye

Torsten

mattford1
03-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Torsten-

Yes, just a public thank you. This is truly fantastic. The performance of the plugin is just as good if not better than FSUIPC with your version 1.0. Keep up the good work!

Matt

Spyy
03-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Hi,

I added a new version on the beginning of the thread....

Torsten

mattford1
03-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Hi Guys-

I can't get X-Plane to load the latest release. Anyone else finding this?

Thx,
Matt

tmolina
03-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Me too.Waiting for an update :-)

Tom

Spyy
03-25-2009, 12:45 PM
Me too.Waiting for an update :-)

Tom

Hi Tom,

please send me your log.txt and the xpuipc.txt file located in the x-plane root directory via private message. Which OS are you using ?

On my PCs all Vista the Version is working fine, so I need your help....

Torsten

Spyy
03-25-2009, 05:26 PM
Hi,

it is a bit mysterious.....

Is there someone out there who manage to get the version 1.1.0 loaded by X-Plane ?
Then please tell me: OS, installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package, other hints ??

Thanks a lot

Torsten

tmolina
03-26-2009, 08:31 AM
The previous version was ok.Is not posible to add the new offsets to the old core software?

Just an idea to try....

tmolina
03-27-2009, 05:24 AM
Hi again
Now is working fine again,it seems to me that also better than before...:-)

Two suggestions:
Keep a list of the offsts included, to know what changes to expect in PM.
As the EADT x737NG is one of the most popular acft for xplane,and knowing the interest of that team in your project,I think given them a knock will be of interest for the comunity.
I have a custom qantas 737 specialy design for PM (no cockpit files),and I find that many more offsets work in that plataform than using the x737NG.Don´t know why,but will give this a look this weekend.

Thanks Torsten for your work, an XPLANE MUST addon.

Tom

Spyy
03-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Hi,

I found the error of not loading the plugin with Win XP and Win2000. I added the new release 1.1.1 on top of this thread.

@ Tomas: It is not possible to add the Offsets.pdf file into the package because then the package becomes too big for uploading the package to this forum. I uploaded it seperately. At the moment it is not up to date because I want to make a quick update to resolve the problem with not loading the plugin.
I added several offsets concerning VOR/ILS and autopilot.

Feedback welcome. Hope the plugin works now for all....

Torsten

Itaska
04-05-2009, 03:26 PM
I can not find where to download
XPUIPC Package 1.1.1.zip

Could someone point me in the right direction.

Many thanks.

UPDATE: I finally found it.

Spyy
04-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Hi,

added new version at the beginning of this thread....

Happy easter

Torsten

mattford1
04-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Thanks Torsten and Happy Easter to you!

mattford1
04-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Torsten-

The package at the beginning of the thread says 1.1.1.

Spyy
04-14-2009, 02:49 AM
Torsten-

The package at the beginning of the thread says 1.1.1.

Hi Matt,

it is really a bit confusing...

The package 1.1.1 is still there but the files XPUIPC XPWideServer and readme first!!!.txt are the new ones. I will make soem housekeeping today...

Thanks

Torsten

Spyy
04-26-2009, 03:18 PM
Hi,

added new version at the beginning of this thread...

Feedback welcome...

Have fun

Torsten

ak49er
04-26-2009, 04:55 PM
Another Question,

I understand XPUIPC sends offets to PM, but Does XPUIPC act like FSUIPC in the way of axis assignments,joystick calibaration. button pushes and the likes?

I have some switches interfaced through a BUO386x Card. They are two pole switches, and I would like to assign a "function when button/switch released", as one can do in FSUIPC.

Thank-you for your efforts on this interface.

Spyy
04-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Another Question,

I understand XPUIPC sends offets to PM, but Does XPUIPC act like FSUIPC in the way of axis assignments,joystick calibaration. button pushes and the likes?

I have some switches interfaced through a BUO386x Card. They are two pole switches, and I would like to assign a "function when button/switch released", as one can do in FSUIPC.

Thank-you for your efforts on this interface.

This is all possible, at the moment I am working on bringing in more offsets in; after that I can implement functions like you mentioned above...:grin:

Thanks for your input ak49er

Torsten

Spyy
06-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Hi,

updated the XPUIPC plugin, now version package 1.4.0. at the beginning of this thread....

Feedback welcome...

Torsten

Peter Dowson
06-07-2009, 06:53 AM
updated the XPUIPC plugin, now version package 1.4.0. at the beginning of this thread....

Hi Torsten,

I note you are needing to add new offsets specifically for XP. So that you do not needlessly prevent FS add-ons with their own private offsets from running correctly with XPUIPC when they could otherwise, I am reserving for your exclusive use in XP the offsets you are already using (6D88-6DAF, which were set aside for a project of my own which never happened).

In case you find you need more as development proceeds, please use 6F00-6FFF, which I've also recorded as being for XPUIPC. One day, when I am running short, though, I may come back and ask if you actually used them all so that some can be returned to the pool! ;-)

It is always best to apply for proper allocation of offsets if we are to maintain the best chance of compatibility between add-ons and simulators.

Thanks & Regards

Pete

Spyy
06-07-2009, 07:05 AM
Hi Pete,

now I know again what I wanted to do before publishing the new version -> ask Pete:D.

You are absolutely right in what you are saying, stay compatible.....

I will use the areas you mentioned 6D88-6DAF and 6F00-6FFF.

Thanks a lot

Torsten

luker22
06-16-2009, 07:11 AM
Hi fellow simmers,

Firstly I'd like to say thank you Torsten for this fantastic piece of work. There are very many talanted people in this community that share their creations with us all so we can all enjoy our hobby that much more and in return expect little. So at the very least a big thankyou !!!

I have always wanted to try X-Plane for driving my simulator. The physics seem that much more real but unfortunately most interfaces, hardware and software were primarily developed for the FS family so I had little choice.

I just had a question in relation to interfacing with X-Plane. I would like to take the plunge and try X-Plane. Will XPUIPC work with the demo of X-Plane?

Finally I use PM, Pete's FSUIPC along with Phidget boards and Alan Dyers great application FS2Phidgets. Sadly Alan has stopped supporting his software....so I was wondering how difficult would it be to continue to use Phidgets hardware to interface with X-Plane?

FS2Phidgets acted as a go-between, between FS and the Phidgets hardware boards. The software handled connecting and communicating with FS. So that as builders all that was left to do was assign a function using pre-defined (in most cases) FS functions such as "Gear Lever" to a specific output/input on the Phidget board. In the background the selection of the function "Gear Lever" would be mapped to the correct offset....

So am I right in assuming that to continue using the hardware (such as my gear lever and various switches and annunciators attached to my phidget boards with X-Plane I would have to write my own code for the Phidget boards as there is no equivalent to FS2Phidgets for X-Plane ???

Cheers,
Luke
Canberra Australia

Spyy
06-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Hi Luke,

first thanks for the thanks....

XPUIPC is working with the demo

FS2Phidgets acted as a go-between, between FS and the Phidgets hardware boards. The software handled connecting and communicating with FS. So that as builders all that was left to do was assign a function using pre-defined (in most cases) FS functions such as "Gear Lever" to a specific output/input on the Phidget board. In the background the selection of the function "Gear Lever" would be mapped to the correct offset....

If FS2Phidges uses offsets of fsuipc then it should work with XPUIPC....(please refer to the XPUIPC list which offsets are available at the moment. No problem to add missing offsets....)

If that all works you can use your phidgets hardware with X-Plane....

Torsten

Spyy
06-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Hi,

added a poll at the beginning of this thread....

:D

Torsten

luker22
06-27-2009, 09:25 PM
hi Torsten and fellow simmers,

Well I've managed to get around to testing the XPUIPC dll to connect to PM and FS2Phidgets.

It connects and works well with PM programs. Unfortunately when it comes to the FS2Phidgets program written by Alan Dyer, that interfaces with the phidget boards and through that the hardware I use in my flightdeck I get a subscript out of range error everytime I try to connect to "Flight Simulator" This was using version 4.3.6 of FS2Phidgets....

I'm not sure if any other users of FS2Phidgets have tried ???

As a result I don't have any working annunciators or switches other than those driven by PMSystems ...so given Alan no longer supports the software and hence cannot address this issue, I will have to put on hold my plans to use X-Plane until I can find a suitable interface solution.

Have a great weekend
Cheers
Luke
Canberra Australia

Spyy
06-28-2009, 04:29 AM
Hi Luke,

can you send me please the FS2Phidgets app via private message ?

Will try it here.

Thanks

Torsten

luker22
06-29-2009, 08:22 AM
Hi Torsten,

Thank you for your willingness to have a little look at this. I have sent you a PM

Cheers,
Luke
Canberra Australia

mattevans
06-30-2009, 02:39 PM
I would like to know whether the following set-up can be expected to work - I want to run X-plane and the PM GA Glass Cockpit on either an older powerbook and a netbook or on a single computer with two screens.

One screen will be a 24"+ monitor for X-plane external views (with X-plane set to no-panel view). The second screen will be a smaller monitor (possibly a touchscreen) to run the glass panel. Cockpit controls will be a mix of CH Products and Saitek yokes/throttles/pedals and a bunch of GoFlight modules (MCP, GF166, GF46, RP48, P8,T8, SECM)

Specific questions I have are:
- Is it possible to run X-plane on an OS X PPC networked via XPUIPC to PM on a Windows netbook? If PPC does not work, will X-plane on Intel OS X inerface to PM on a windows machine?
- Alternatively, is this possible on a single more powerful Windows computer - most of what I have seen about PM is about running it networked, but I have seen threads that indicate (not definitively) that it can be run on the same computer
- Will there be any conflict between the GoFlight modules and the PM Glass Panel? ie If I change COM1 on the PM panel, will it commuicate back to the GoFlight module and vice versa
- Can I control the map range and whether or not waypoints, airports, etc will be displayed on the panel via the GoFluight modules?
- Will X-plane weather information be available on the PM map?

I have tried searching but could not find clear answers to the above. I apologize if I missed something obvious.

Spyy
06-30-2009, 03:06 PM
I would like to know whether the following set-up can be expected to work - I want to run X-plane and the PM GA Glass Cockpit on either an older powerbook and a netbook or on a single computer with two screens.

One screen will be a 24"+ monitor for X-plane external views (with X-plane set to no-panel view). The second screen will be a smaller monitor (possibly a touchscreen) to run the glass panel. Cockpit controls will be a mix of CH Products and Saitek yokes/throttles/pedals and a bunch of GoFlight modules (MCP, GF166, GF46, RP48, P8,T8, SECM)

- Is it possible to run X-plane on an OS X PPC networked via XPUIPC to PM on a Windows netbook? If PPC does not work, will X-plane on Intel OS X inerface to PM on a windows machine?
- Alternatively, is this possible on a single more powerful Windows computer - most of what I have seen about PM is about running it networked, but I have seen threads that indicate (not definitively) that it can be run on the same computer
- Will there be any conflict between the GoFlight modules and the PM Glass Panel? ie If I change COM1 on the PM panel, will it commuicate back to the GoFlight module and vice versa
- Can I control the map range and whether or not waypoints, airports, etc will be displayed on the panel via the GoFluight modules?

I have tried searching but could not find clear answers to the above. I apologize if I missed something obvious.

Hi mattevants,

I am afraid I can not answer all your questions...

I want to run X-plane and the PM GA Glass Cockpit on either an older powerbook and a netbook or on a single computer with two screens.

=> It is possible to run X-Plane and a PM app on the same computer. The thing is you need a "strong" computer because X-Plane "eats" a lot of CPU power. Just try it...

=> No, because the XPUIPC plugin and the XPWideFS.exe are compiled for windows only.... sorry but I have no MAC

=> yes it is possible (see above). I have a config on a Quadcore with NVIDIA 8800 GTS

=> Sorry I can't answer that I have no GoFlight modules... are they are working together with fsuipc or is the Sim reading it from the COM?? If the Sim is reading it you have to try if X-Plane is able to connect to it.

=> Hm, don't know (see above)...Sorry

=> What is the PM map ? There are the offsets for weather already available:
<meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><title></title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 3.1 (Win32)"><style> <!-- BODY,DIV,TABLE,THEAD,TBODY,TFOOT,TR,TH,TD,P { font-family:"Arial"; font-size:x-small } --> </style> <table rules="none" border="0" cellspacing="0" cols="3" frame="void"> <colgroup><col width="48"><col width="40"><col width="907"></colgroup> <tbody> <tr> <td style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border-width: 1px 1px 1px 3px;" sdnum="1031;0;@" width="48" align="left" height="18">0E8A</td> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);" sdval="2" sdnum="1031;" width="40" align="right">2</td> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);" width="907" align="justify">Current visibility (Statue miles * 100)</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><title></title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 3.1 (Win32)"><style> <!-- BODY,DIV,TABLE,THEAD,TBODY,TFOOT,TR,TH,TD,P { font-family:"Arial"; font-size:x-small } --> </style> <table rules="none" border="0" cellspacing="0" cols="3" frame="void"> <colgroup><col width="48"><col width="40"><col width="907"></colgroup> <tbody> <tr> <td style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border-width: 1px 1px 1px 3px;" sdnum="1031;0;@" width="48" align="left" height="18">0E90</td> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);" sdval="2" sdnum="1031;" width="40" align="right">2</td> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);" width="907" align="justify">Ambient wind speed (at aircraft) in knots</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><title></title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 3.1 (Win32)"><style> <!-- BODY,DIV,TABLE,THEAD,TBODY,TFOOT,TR,TH,TD,P { font-family:"Arial"; font-size:x-small } --> </style> <table rules="none" border="0" cellspacing="0" cols="3" frame="void"> <colgroup><col width="48"><col width="40"><col width="907"></colgroup> <tbody> <tr> <td style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border-width: 1px 1px 1px 3px;" sdnum="1031;0;@" width="48" align="left" height="66">0E92</td> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);" sdval="2" sdnum="1031;" width="40" align="right">2</td> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);" width="907" align="justify">Ambient wind direction (at aircraft), *360/65536 to get degrees Magnetic or True. For compatibility with FS98, the direction is Magnetic for surface winds (aircraft below the altitude set into offset 0EEE), but True for all upper winds. See offset 02A0 for magnetic variation and how to convert.</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><title></title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 3.1 (Win32)"><style> <!-- BODY,DIV,TABLE,THEAD,TBODY,TFOOT,TR,TH,TD,P { font-family:"Arial"; font-size:x-small } --> </style> <table rules="none" border="0" cellspacing="0" cols="3" frame="void"> <colgroup><col width="48"><col width="40"><col width="907"></colgroup> <tbody> <tr> <td style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border-width: 1px 1px 1px 3px;" sdnum="1031;0;@" width="48" align="left" height="18">0E9A</td> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);" sdval="2" sdnum="1031;" width="40" align="right">2</td> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);" width="907" align="justify">Upper cloud layer ceiling in metres AMSL</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border-width: 1px 1px 1px 3px;" sdnum="1031;0;@" align="left" height="18">0E9C</td> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);" sdval="2" sdnum="1031;" align="right">2</td> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);" align="justify">Upper cloud layer base in metres AMSL</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border-width: 1px 1px 1px 3px;" sdnum="1031;0;@" align="left" height="18">0E9E</td> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);" sdval="2" sdnum="1031;" align="right">2</td> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);" align="justify">Upper cloud layer coverage, 65535 = 8 oktas, … 32768= 4 oktas … 0 = clear</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border-width: 1px 1px 1px 3px;" sdnum="1031;0;@" align="left" height="18">0EA2</td> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);" sdval="2" sdnum="1031;" align="right">2</td> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);" align="justify">Lower cloud layer ceiling in metres AMSL</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border-width: 1px 1px 1px 3px;" sdnum="1031;0;@" align="left" height="18">0EA4</td> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);" sdval="2" sdnum="1031;" align="right">2</td> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);" align="justify">Lower cloud layer base in metres AMSL</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border-width: 1px 1px 1px 3px;" sdnum="1031;0;@" align="left" height="18">0EA6</td> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);" sdval="2" sdnum="1031;" align="right">2</td> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);" align="justify">Lower cloud layer coverage, 65535 = 8 oktas, … 32768= 4 oktas … 0 = clear</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border-width: 1px 1px 1px 3px;" sdnum="1031;0;@" align="left" height="18">0EC6</td> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);" sdval="2" sdnum="1031;" align="right">2</td> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);" align="justify">Pressure (QNH) as millibars (hectoPascals) *16.</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border-width: 1px 1px 1px 3px;" sdnum="1031;0;@" align="left" height="18">0F48</td> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);" sdval="2" sdnum="1031;" align="right">2</td> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);" align="justify">Pressure (QNH) as millibars (hectoPascals) *16.</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
The baseline is: Try it out......:D

Torsten

Spyy
06-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Hi all,

added a link to my Homepage where you can download the XPUIPC Package

http://tosi-online.de (http://tosi-online.de/)

Thanks

Torsten

mattevans
06-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Torsten, thank you very much for responding, and thank you for contributing this project.

I suspected my PPC/Netbook combination might not work but thought I should ask. Maybe someone with compiling skill (Sandy Barbour?) could be persuaded to compile the plugin for OS X and Linux?

GoFlight modules communicate to X-plane through Sandy's plugins (which I believe use the SDK) to effectively "sync" with the relevant X-plane parameter. I would guess that the equivalent XPUIPC offset does a similar thing, so one would hope that it all interfaces together, but who knows without trying...

I don't want to fork out EUR300 just to test this so hopefully the demo can show me whether or not this will work.

In relation to weather, I was referring to the PM GA Glass panel which has a moving map as part of in. If flying in X-plane with a 2D panel, it is possible to see weather radar on the map. I was wondering if this works with PM.

Again, thanks for replying. You answered my MOST important question.

Spyy
06-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Torsten, thank you very much for responding, and thank you for contributing this project.

I suspected my PPC/Netbook combination might not work but thought I should ask. Maybe someone with compiling skill (Sandy Barbour?) could be persuaded to compile the plugin for OS X and Linux?

GoFlight modules communicate to X-plane through Sandy's plugins (which I believe use the SDK) to effectively "sync" with the relevant X-plane parameter. I would guess that the equivalent XPUIPC offset does a similar thing, so one would hope that it all interfaces together, but who knows without trying...

I don't want to fork out EUR300 just to test this so hopefully the demo can show me whether or not this will work.

In relation to weather, I was referring to the PM GA Glass panel which has a moving map as part of in. If flying in X-plane with a 2D panel, it is possible to see weather radar on the map. I was wondering if this works with PM.

Again, thanks for replying. You answered my MOST important question.

Your welcome,

normaly the plugins shouldn't interfere each other....Yes I am using the SDK too...it is a nice thing, but it is a lot of work to code all the offsets....

Torsten

Spyy
06-30-2009, 04:02 PM
Hi Luke,

please try the phidgets stuff with the plugin I sent to you...

Torsten

luker22
07-02-2009, 06:49 AM
Hi Torsten,

I have sent you an e-mail.

In short it WORKS !!! :D

Thankyou...more info in the e-mail

Cheers,
Luke
Canberra Australia

Spyy
07-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Hi Torsten,

I have sent you an e-mail.

In short it WORKS !!! :D

Thankyou...more info in the e-mail

Cheers,
Luke
Canberra Australia

Hi Luke,

I very happy that it works, if you have progress with your setup and phidgets please let us know here in this forum that other can participate...:grin:

Thanks

Torsten

Melnato
07-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Sorry to be vague, but I tried the Plugin, and I keep getting an error on the client. The XUIPC client program hangs and stops responding....every time.

Nat

Trevor Hale
07-02-2009, 08:01 PM
All Set Spyy.. :) Now you can post as many threads as you want and let this one die :)

Spyy
07-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Hi Trever,

thanks for your help here, looks very nice!!!

Torsten

Spyy
07-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Sorry to be vague, but I tried the Plugin, and I keep getting an error on the client. The XUIPC client program hangs and stops responding....every time.

Nat

Hi Nat,

which error do you get (Error message Box) ?

Does it stop without having an application running on the client ?

Please send me via PM the XPWideClient.txt file which will be generated by the XPWideClient. It is located in the dir from where you start it.

Thanks

Torsten

Melnato
07-05-2009, 04:53 AM
OK Thanks Torsten, I will try again and get you more info on error.

Nat

Spyy
07-05-2009, 05:00 AM
OK Thanks Torsten, I will try again and get you more info on error.

Nat
Ok, fine...Best is you send me the txt file...

Torsten

Spyy
08-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Hi,

did a new XPUIPC Release....

You can find it here:

http://tosi-online.de/resources/Version.png (http://tosi-online.de/XPUIPC.html)

Have fun

Torsten

jfuenmay
08-16-2009, 01:55 PM
Hi to all and thanks to Torsten for an incredible effort.

First I would like to describe my setup and then my experience with
XPUIPC 1.5.

I Use 9 computers , one powerful server and 8 clients running the whole PM suite including pmSystems and pmInstructor.

Hardwarewise, I use the console and Fire handles from Cockpitsonic. It has its own plugin for Xplane
so no problem there except that the firehandles
are not recognized, these work linked to pmSystems. Anyhow this is not
related to XPUIPC I believe but to their plugin, I think.

The overhead panel is from Flightdeck solutions and it includes the recently
releaser ELEC/ALT panel displays driven by
its own software through XPUIPC and SYS boards.
pmSystems connects directly to the hardware but the offsets are handled by FSUPIC/XPUIPC.
It works partially and here are the glitches.

1) Lights (landing, taxi , logo , position and strobe lights,offsets maybe? )

2) Sixpack works well, antiice always ON with Master caution on
at all times, if you turn it on it off comes right back up. I am not
sure if it's talking to XPLANE (BTW I use Benedit's Stratmann's
model ).Could this be FDS .xml files?

3) The fuel pumps do not work also. Not sure about yaw damper
since I do not see it in the B737 ovhd. panel which is partial.
PM offsets?

4) The igniter selector also does not work. The ingnition switches
even though do show movement inthe XPlane cockpit when set to the GND and
the start valve opens in the airplane cockpit, there is no spooling of N2
and thus the engines cannot be started. Is PM inhibiting Xplane from starting the engines?. The fuel cutoff valves
can be used to cutoff the engines but I am unable
to turn them back on. These are significant limitation
since there is no way to start the engines manually.

5) In the MCP averything pretty much works except th Baro. dial.
Altimeter cannot be set. I use the MCP from Flightdecksolutions
and all switches work except tgeh Baro. I Have not tested the
minimums dial. Again harware from FDS.

6) The landing gear works with the handle from FDS with the hardware conected to FDS SYS boards
when setting the gear up but not down. G needs to be pressed on the keyboard.
Again this might not be related to XPUIPC but to the .xml files used by FDS.

7) To me this is the most limiting factor in using XPLANE. I use phidgets
cards to drive the TQ from Simparts (Jorg Weinnmann from Suttgart),
great piece of hardware, and the FS2Phidget program. It includes
stepper motor for the trim wheel and servos for autothrottles.
No matter what I do the throttle handles they will not work.
The offsets are 089A for TL1 and 0932 for TL2 which are includded
in the offsets in XPUIPC. I would like to know if anybody out there
has managed to get themto work,

Flaps handle work fine offset 0BDC and spoiler handle too
offset 0BD0 . Trim wheel works fine including the trim indicator.
Of note should be that XPUIPC recognizes Xplane as FSX
my settings were for FS2004. Could this be the porblem?.

The spoiler armed function does not work and therefore
the spoilers need to be deployed manually upon landing.
If necessary I can send my conig files for review.

I know this is an ongoing effort and if I can be of any asisstance to step
over these hurdles I will be more than happy to pitch in.

Thanks to everyone.

Joachim

PS: Luke I see that you use FS2Phidget, what TQ do you use?
does it work?

Spyy
08-17-2009, 01:44 PM
Hi to all and thanks to Torsten for an incredible effort.

First I would like to describe my setup and then my experience with
XPUIPC 1.5.

I Use 9 computers , one powerful server and 8 clients running the whole PM suite including pmSystems and pmInstructor.

Hardwarewise, I use the console and Fire handles from Cockpitsonic. It has its own plugin for Xplane
so no problem there except that the firehandles
are not recognized, these work linked to pmSystems. Anyhow this is not
related to XPUIPC I believe but to their plugin, I think.

The overhead panel is from Flightdeck solutions and it includes the recently
releaser ELEC/ALT panel displays driven by
its own software through XPUIPC and SYS boards.
pmSystems connects directly to the hardware but the offsets are handled by FSUPIC/XPUIPC.
It works partially and here are the glitches.

1) Lights (landing, taxi , logo , position and strobe lights,offsets maybe? )

2) Sixpack works well, antiice always ON with Master caution on
at all times, if you turn it on it off comes right back up. I am not
sure if it's talking to XPLANE (BTW I use Benedit's Stratmann's
model ).Could this be FDS .xml files?

3) The fuel pumps do not work also. Not sure about yaw damper
since I do not see it in the B737 ovhd. panel which is partial.
PM offsets?

4) The igniter selector also does not work. The ingnition switches
even though do show movement inthe XPlane cockpit when set to the GND and
the start valve opens in the airplane cockpit, there is no spooling of N2
and thus the engines cannot be started. Is PM inhibiting Xplane from starting the engines?. The fuel cutoff valves
can be used to cutoff the engines but I am unable
to turn them back on. These are significant limitation
since there is no way to start the engines manually.

5) In the MCP averything pretty much works except th Baro. dial.
Altimeter cannot be set. I use the MCP from Flightdecksolutions
and all switches work except tgeh Baro. I Have not tested the
minimums dial. Again harware from FDS.

6) The landing gear works with the handle from FDS with the hardware conected to FDS SYS boards
when setting the gear up but not down. G needs to be pressed on the keyboard.
Again this might not be related to XPUIPC but to the .xml files used by FDS.

7) To me this is the most limiting factor in using XPLANE. I use phidgets
cards to drive the TQ from Simparts (Jorg Weinnmann from Suttgart),
great piece of hardware, and the FS2Phidget program. It includes
stepper motor for the trim wheel and servos for autothrottles.
No matter what I do the throttle handles they will not work.
The offsets are 089A for TL1 and 0932 for TL2 which are includded
in the offsets in XPUIPC. I would like to know if anybody out there
has managed to get themto work,

Flaps handle work fine offset 0BDC and spoiler handle too
offset 0BD0 . Trim wheel works fine including the trim indicator.
Of note should be that XPUIPC recognizes Xplane as FSX
my settings were for FS2004. Could this be the porblem?.

The spoiler armed function does not work and therefore
the spoilers need to be deployed manually upon landing.
If necessary I can send my conig files for review.

I know this is an ongoing effort and if I can be of any asisstance to step
over these hurdles I will be more than happy to pitch in.

Thanks to everyone.

Joachim

PS: Luke I see that you use FS2Phidget, what TQ do you use?
does it work?

Hi Joachim,

thank you for using XPUIPC and sharing your experiences here !!

General: The main challenge is that the x737 has a logic and pmSystem has a logic behind too. These are in conflict, at the moment I only solved the logic "problem" x737 and PM mcp.
Last week I started with pmSystem, after that I was a bit "depressed":p
To get this compatible that is a long way....

1. Yes, that is offset related they are not coded yet

2.Anti Ice is not properly coded if you use it with PM system perhaps you can find the section where it is coded. Then you can see which offset is missing.

3. Fuel pump is coded 3104, problem will be the logic behind it

4. Same with the igniter, needs investigation...

5. Do you mean the baro dial on the EFIS ?

6. Can you do me a favor here and make a short logging with the logging facility of XPUIPC. Just start it (read and write) if you toggle the gear. I heard this from an other user too...

7. Perhaps logging would be fine here too for throttle and spoilers.

Please do logging for each part and name the files according the action and send it to me via email.

So please be patient with me, I am only a "one man show"....:wink:

Torsten

jfuenmay
08-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Hi Torsten.

I will do the logging and send you the file when I get back home.
I understand the type of work because I have programed too albeit
for databases, some experience with C , SQL and JPL (RAD language),
all under UNIX/Linux, not much on Wintel but only as a hobby. So I am with
you.

I received an email from Jetcos from FDS and he thinks I should try
the gear_UP and gear_DOWN .xml files which I will do. I will report back to
you on that.

The BARO dial is on the EFIS.

One thing that might be of help regarding the throttle and that is
that when I set the A/T to ON and I actuate the thrust levers
via F1 and F2 on the keyboard "the throttles move"!!. so there must
be some feedback from Xplane to the phidgets.

As soon as I have the log files I will email them to you.

I should also tell you that I have tested SIOC cards including
the 7seg card for the LAND and ALT rotary encoders and the
respective displays and it works with pmSystems. SIOC has a little
application and a config file that handles the input from the rotaries
and sends the output from pmSytems to the 7seg LED displays and
utilizes FSUPIC, well it works flawlessly with XPUPIC utilizing the
ofssets from pmSystems so it might be closer than you think.

I tell you, what you have done its beautiful. So like Linus Torvalds uses
to say "It is not ready until it is ready" and we will help you get there.

Regards.

Joachim.

Spyy
08-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Hi Torsten.

I will do the logging and send you the file when I get back home.
I understand the type of work because I have programed too albeit
for databases, some experience with C , SQL and JPL (RAD language),
all under UNIX/Linux, not much on Wintel but only as a hobby. So I am with
you.

I received an email from Jetcos from FDS and he thinks I should try
the gear_UP and gear_DOWN .xml files which I will do. I will report back to
you on that.

The BARO dial is on the EFIS.

One thing that might be of help regarding the throttle and that is
that when I set the A/T to ON and I actuate the thrust levers
via F1 and F2 on the keyboard "the throttles move"!!. so there must
be some feedback from Xplane to the phidgets.

As soon as I have the log files I will email them to you.

I should also tell you that I have tested SIOC cards including
the 7seg card for the LAND and ALT rotary encoders and the
respective displays and it works with pmSystems. SIOC has a little
application and a config file that handles the input from the rotaries
and sends the output from pmSytems to the 7seg LED displays and
utilizes FSUPIC, well it works flawlessly with XPUPIC utilizing the
ofssets from pmSystems so it might be closer than you think.

I tell you, what you have done its beautiful. So like Linus Torvalds uses
to say "It is not ready until it is ready" and we will help you get there.

Regards.

Joachim.

:D:D:D:D

Torsten

Spyy
08-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Please refer to the XPUIPC News

Have added a XPUIPC ODK code kit to my website....

Torsten

Spyy
10-03-2009, 05:51 AM
Hi,

you can find the new release 1.6.0 here:

http://tosi-online.de/resources/XPUIPC+Version+1_6_0+fertig.png (http://tosi-online.de/XPUIPC.html)

Torsten

jfuenmay
10-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Hi Torsten. I have been away untilrecently.
I am going to test the new version.

CocnutAir
10-08-2009, 03:32 AM
Ditto. Eagerly awaiting networkability.

jfuenmay
10-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Hi Torsten.

Thanks for your continuing effort.
I installed version 1.6 and here are the news:

1) Throttle problem solved!! on the Simparts TQ actuated via
FS2Phidgets. I use the latest version and also uptated the
MSI files for the phidgets. Tested the throttles manually and
they drive the throttles normally on Xplane. Autothrottles
arm normally and do move forward on command from
the TOGA switch, the movemente is erratic however, especially
when power is reduced. So throtles are best used manually for now.

2) Speed brakes now arm normally with the green light indicator light on the main panel.It is a bit tricky but I think it has to do with calibration since
the relay and servo were calibrated for FS2004.
The nice thing is that upon landing the speed brakes deploy and
the handle moves to the extended position via servo operation.

3) The fuel cutoff valve now can be set to on and off but I still cannot
get N2 to spool and thus start the engines manually. This is strange
since a) The APU is running on B737 OVH indicator b) When turning
the starter to the GND position N1 spools and I can see the knob on
the overhead panel move on command from the hardware and c) The
fuel cutoff lever moves to on when commanded from the hardware
but yet the fuel flow remains at 0 and N2 does not spool.
As you can see commanded movements from the hardware result
in an appropriate response on Xplane and BS B737 but the fuel flow
does not actually start.

4) CDU works as comanded. I have not tested pmWhether to see
if radar images download to PM navigational display.

5) MCP works except for the BARO knob on the EFIS. It is funny
because i can change from Hectopascals to inches bypressing on the
knob. It's the rotary function that does not work.

6) Pedestal radios work with the respective plugins from Cockpitsonic
except the fire handles that work through pmSystems.

7) Overhead panel driven by pmSystems has its own logic I do not know
if it interacts with BS's B737 model. I understand it is not even complete yet.
In FS, the panels must be inactive for pmSystems to work
with PMDG and a patch applied to it to function properly,so
I think some work there is ahead, perhaps a contact with Benedict
might be useful.

8) Almost forgot, flaps handle also work well except that the
degress of display are not correlated to PM. It might have to
do with the B737 config file under PM.

I have been a bit busy getting back into real flying and recently
got my IPC (instrument porficiency check here in Miami) again.
I will look into the develoment kit more carefully.

Again thanks for a tremendous effort.

Spyy
10-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Ditto. Eagerly awaiting networkability.

Hi Alan,

networkability is possible with XPUIPC and XPWideClient.exe on the clients.....

Thanks

Torsten

Spyy
10-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Hi Joachim,

thanks for testing so intens and report your experience here ! Working hard to sort out these things....

Stay tuned

Torsten

Spyy
10-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Hi,

added a preview Version at the beginning of this thread...

Torsten

TasKiNG
10-17-2009, 07:24 PM
Thanks Torsten, I've just bought X-plane so look forward to getting it working with the P8R's Alpha FMC Glass Cockpit software.

Spyy
12-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Hi,

did a new XPUIPC release 1.7.0 at the beginning of this thread....

Have fun

Torsten

Spyy
04-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Hi,

did a XPUIPC release 1.8.0. You can find it at the beginning of this thread....

Torsten

Spyy
09-08-2010, 03:42 AM
Hi,

did a XPUIPC release 1.9.0. You can find it at the beginning of this thread....

Torsten

pepitomanuel
09-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Dear

In my version of X-Plane 9.61 and using XPUIPC my Overhead of Cockpitsonic recognizes all PMSystem functions but the lights do not light, it is as if you fail the electric fluid. Using FS2004 no problem, all right with FSUIPC.

Could you indicate the cause.

Thanks

Jose Manuel

Spyy
09-14-2010, 04:43 AM
Dear

In my version of X-Plane 9.61 and using XPUIPC my Overhead of Cockpitsonic recognizes all PMSystem functions but the lights do not light, it is as if you fail the electric fluid. Using FS2004 no problem, all right with FSUIPC.

Could you indicate the cause.

Thanks

Jose Manuel

Hi Jose,

this is really hard to say why the lights are not working. I have no cockpitsonic equipment at all....

What is cockpitsonic saying ?

Torsten

Spyy
09-14-2010, 04:45 AM
Hi,

XPUIPC Version 1.9.0 is back online. Hopefully fixed the "hanging" bug. Same version again, just download again. You can identify the xpuipc version by date:

xpuipc.xpl 13.09.10 21.39

Thanks for you patience...feedback welcome.

Torsten

pepitomanuel
09-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Hello,
I installed your last version and everything works right, communicates well and hardware of P. Magenta cockpitsonic.
Thank you very much for your help

Jose Manuel

quantum
10-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Torsten,

Thank-you for this fantastic add-on! It works great for me, but I'm hungry for more offsets. :p

Do you have any plans to populate the current aircraft offsets (0x3C00 and 0x3D00)?

-quantum-

ak49er
10-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Thanks for this awesome software!

Of which, "hanging bug" do you refer?

I am experiencing X Plane hanging on last screen, when I attempt to exit XPlane using File, Quit on the XPlane Tool Bar, on one out of four XPlane Server Computers.

Spyy
10-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Thanks for this awesome software!

Of which, "hanging bug" do you refer?

I am experiencing X Plane hanging on last screen, when I attempt to exit XPlane using File, Quit on the XPlane Tool Bar, on one out of four XPlane Server Computers.

Hi,

the "hanging" was when X-Plane loaded...there was a dead lock implemented...

Torsten

Spyy
02-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Hi,

added a new intermediate build to my website....

Have fun

Torsten

Spyy
02-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Hi,
Hi,

I disabled the activation of the slew with the 'Y' key. You can activate it with the offset 0x5DC.....

Find new build on my website....

Torsten

Spyy
02-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Hi,

did a new release 2.0.0.0 of XPUIPC and XPWideClient. It now works with X-Plane 9, X-Plane 10 32/64 bit.

Have fun

Torsten

quantum
05-10-2013, 08:29 AM
I see your website was created on a Mac. Have you looked into making a Mac version of XPUIPC? :D