PDA

View Full Version : Anyone home at OC??

Michael Carter
01-30-2009, 11:36 AM
I've sent two e-mails enquiring about the P&P radio heads they sell and have heard nothing from them.

This is not instilling my confidence in receiving the product or receiving any customer service.

I'm thinking of looking elsewhere to spend my money.

Does anyone know what's going on at OC?

dnoize
01-30-2009, 11:54 AM
I've sent two e-mails enquiring about the P&P radio heads they sell and have heard nothing from them.

This is not instilling my confidence in receiving the product or receiving any customer service.

I'm thinking of looking elsewhere to spend my money.

Does anyone know what's going on at OC?

thats quite standard procedure there. For support you are better of using their forum.

These guys are pretty much doing this in a "non - profit" way. Hence you can find designs and gerber files of many of their cards on the site.

They do this next to their daytime job and not as their main business. Hence you cant expect the same level of support as the main commercial guys.

Its reflected in the price...

Stef

Michael Carter
01-30-2009, 12:03 PM
I'll have to give this further thought. This is a lot of money to me for the sim.

iwik
01-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Hi Michael,
This hasnt been my experience .On two occasions i use the Contact Us option from their main page and had a reply within 24 hours.In one lot of
correspondence the replies were multiple and quick.Much better than
using the forum.However that appears to be much better now as there
seems to be a person regulary replying to problems and even sales queries.
Les

Michael Carter
01-30-2009, 02:35 PM
I've used the sales contact link on the site, but no one will reply.

At least they contacted you.

iwik
01-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Did you try the Tech option?.Ive learnt,try all options when all else fails
Good luck
Les

NigelD
01-30-2009, 04:11 PM
A friend of mine ordered parts from them last week and had an email today to say they have been shipped. Someone is alive and kicking down there!

Nigel.

dnoize
01-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Dont let what i said above stop you. I have ordered many OC parts in the past. have over 10 OC boards here. They always delivered ! Support in their forum is excellent, sometimes by OC member, often by the very supportive community of users. However by mail sometimes reported to be somewhat problematic.

But i think the oc products are a save buy !!

Just keep in mind that this is not a full time business (or at least it wasnt in the past). They have been around a long time and im sure they will be around a long time. nothing to worry about there Michael.

Stef.

Michael Carter
01-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the words of confidence for OC. With recommendations like these they have moved back to the top of the list. :)

Buddym
01-30-2009, 10:27 PM
Yes, I would second and third the response, they are awfully reliable, and very helpful. I too have ordered many parts from OC, always delivered. The support forums have been very helpful as well. Much like mycockpit.org, there is a wealth of great info and resources there.

Buddy