PDA

View Full Version : The great next step into the dark abyss that is this hobby

gokhotit
01-26-2009, 05:42 AM
I am starting on the next leg of my journey. I have ordered the PACS (Portable Air Combat Simulator) from Rodger Dodger. My hopes are that i will be able to integrate my console, autopilot, CH throttle quadrant, landing handle, and whatever project comes up next all into one nice neat little package.

I am going to do a 3D model (Google Sketch-up) to try to see what it "should" look like in the end.

I will post pictures as my project progresses, if anyone is interested.

Trevor Hale
01-26-2009, 09:27 AM
Can't wait to see it. Please keep us posted.

Trev

NigelD
01-26-2009, 03:11 PM
First, best of luck with your project! Those Roger Dodger guys have some very wacky ideas... Second, thanks you!!! I went looking for SketchUp and all I can say at this point is I am on my 50th cup of coffee and getting a REAL idea of how my Airbus is going to fit together. This program is fantastic and what I have been looking for in a freeware CAD program for ages!

Top marks to that man!

Nigel.

gokhotit
01-27-2009, 04:17 AM
I have been doing rough sketches on paper..and It will be renamed to ACS. It wont be very portable by the time im done. the ketchup drawings will take some time to complete, But I will post as soon as I get it done.

Kennair
01-27-2009, 04:28 AM
Good on you gokhotit. I also bought some of their plans a while back but haven't gotten round to implementing them yet. I bought a CH Fighter stick and throttle for Falcon4 AF and intend building the shell from the Roger Dodger plans. They have nifty ideas for the keyboard mods and the video's are also very entertaining.

Love to see the end result when your done.

Ken.

gokhotit
01-27-2009, 05:32 AM
Rest assured, I will be posting pics as progress..ummm...progresses.

there will never be a "finished" just a "good for now" until the next idea.

AndyT
01-28-2009, 01:31 AM
Roger Dodger has a few weird ideas, but also a couple of really good ones.
Please be sure and post pix of what you are doing.