PDA

View Full Version : ebay: Learjet Model 23 Fuselage

BHawthorne
01-26-2009, 04:04 AM
Digging around ebay I saw a Learjet full aircraft listed. Starting bid $5000, buy it now $8000. Definitely would be a cool simpit project for GA builders:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lear-Jet-Model-23-Fuselage_W0QQitemZ280303264675QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Aviation_Parts_Gear?hash=item280303264675

Efe Cem Elci
01-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Well if its anything like what the pictures show I'd say the seller has a very different idea of salvagable parts when he says everything that could be salvaged has been taken off already. I see a lot of good parts and a great opportunity for a builder in the States!

Efe Cem Elci
01-26-2009, 11:08 AM
And is it me or even considering getting it to where you are, isn't this a great steal at $8K? At least if it looks anything like (i.e. has everything shown in) the pictures in the ad.

Rodney
01-26-2009, 11:25 AM
That thing is about 150 miles from me. Man if I was doing a Lear.

Matt Olieman
01-26-2009, 11:29 AM
If I had the cash floating around I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Efe, you're right, for $8k, it's a steal!!!! I see all sorts of opportunity for a fantastic sim, including a place for passengers :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

Tomlin
01-26-2009, 11:55 AM
I see all sorts of opportunity for a fantastic sim, including a place for passengers :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

That is a dream of mine one day- to have a hangar big enough to put at least a 4 place 'club' arrangement by building a cabin extension onto the current sim. Can you imagine how much better World Flight could be then? ;-)

BHawthorne
01-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Sad thing is I cought the listing too late. Looks like noone will have time enough to arrange to buy it. 22m left on auction with 0 bids. Hrrrm, KAM doesn't have a Lear 23, maybe I can convence him to tax deduction donate it to the Kansas Aviation Museum static displays?

No Longer Active
01-27-2009, 04:18 PM
mmmmmm......how the heck will i get that thing to london?

Try getting that through customs?

It makes me think that there are alot of aircraft for sale on EbayUK but most aircraft are from America, seriously how would i get a cessna to the uk from the states?

Trevor Hale
01-27-2009, 04:30 PM
On a boat! and as slow as possible to keep the costs down.

LOL

BHawthorne
01-27-2009, 04:55 PM
mmmmmm......how the heck will i get that thing to london?

Try getting that through customs?

It makes me think that there are alot of aircraft for sale on EbayUK but most aircraft are from America, seriously how would i get a cessna to the uk from the states?

Throw a tow line on it and play glider. :lol:

Actually, the UK tends to have a lot more cool military cockpits avaialble than I've seen in the US.

No Longer Active
01-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Ok BHawthorne, i'll give you a PM in 20 years time when i need my tow to the UK from ya! :lol::lol:

Trev....the boat thing will work, ill put water ski's on the landing gear and i'll water ski home, aslong as im not flying it and just skiing it, i dont need a ppl to get it home! cool ha!