PDA

View Full Version : TH2GO vs Large 27" Flat Screen

mounty
01-25-2009, 02:31 AM
Hi,

I think I may have asked this question before in a different way. I don't have the room for a projector so thinking of either a TH2GO or large monitor. The main effect I want to get is a bigger outside view/picture not so much more detail but something like a single projector image, just not as big though - ie larger runway etc. Which do you think will be the best option?

Thanks

Rob

Efe Cem Elci
01-25-2009, 03:23 AM
When you say you don't have enough room for a projector, do you mean for a conventional projector or for a short throw as well?

mounty
01-25-2009, 03:25 AM
The area I'm using in my apartment isn't set up for a projector short throw or not. There's too much light and I don't have the room to use a projector - very tight all around!!

Rob

Efe Cem Elci
01-25-2009, 03:32 AM
How about adding regular monitor with a fresnel lens as an option?

mounty
01-25-2009, 03:42 AM
What about a 27" monitor with a fresnel lens? Would that make it even larger??

Rob

Efe Cem Elci
01-25-2009, 03:51 AM
I'm not sure but I think it wouldn't be possible or at least not enough of an improvement to warrant the cons of using one. Usually a 19" or 21" is recommended.

No Longer Active
01-25-2009, 06:16 AM
I have a 22" monitor at the moment, and looking at im thinking that a 27" isnt going to be that much bigger, what i would do is get a DUAL HEAD 2 GO and run or 2x22" monitors to get a nice 44" width with a decent height. That would look impressive, if you dont have that sort of width try using 2 x 19" to give you 38" width or 2x17" to give 34" width and so on (working downwards).

You could even get 2x15" monitors which will still give you a nice 30" but you wouldnt get a decent height on the 15" - 17" monitors!

JSpahn
01-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Just some food for thought...I used a dual head 2 go and it was nice...what became annoying is during an approach the airport would disappear in the middle of the two monitors. If I am not mistaken you can adjust the viewpoint to compensate for this, personally I didnt have much success with it.

The dual head was nice but it did put a strain on my system and frame rates did suffer. Personally I would save the $300 for the dual head box and look into a 32"-37" LCD TV at 1080p. Or make the investment with a Triple Head;)

Mr. Midnight
01-25-2009, 02:44 PM
hate to cut in on you folks but i have a question , does triplhead to go have drivers for windows 7 64.

just wanting to know if anyone has had any luck in doing so.

my screens are acting weird.

my resolution in the game is 3820/720 and the game still seems to be streched and at time it will be smaller than the three screen.

as i said did not mean to but in but while you were talking thriplehead to go.

thanks.Robert

scapilot
02-04-2009, 01:22 PM
I looked into a projector last year, but after reading the pros and cons (initial cost, as well as replacement bulb costs), it was much more effecient to bite the bullet once and get some monitors and TH2G. I found three 22 in' monitors on Ebay for about 750, and used my old 17'in as an overhead for my current setup. Works great. I use one monitor for my MIP (or FSpanel expaned) have two setup to run together for the outside view, and as I said, 17' on the overhead. The best reason for this logic is that I can still run all four on one computer using a dual output graphics card (Nvidea GeForce 8600 GTS for me), and I don't have any issues with it. I did notice a bunch of problems initially when I got it, but after spending $600 for the new Intel mobo, and processor suite, then it was pretty much smooth running from there. However, my initial computer was built in '04, so I was due for a revamp. But yes, this option works nice. There's a bezel management option in TH2G which will help you size up the screen some, but I haven't found anything to actually adjust how you can move the image. Overall, a great deal.

Nick