PDA

View Full Version : Rotary switches to Iocard Master Card

Jouni
10-14-2006, 05:47 PM
Hello!
I am quite new with Iocard Master Card.I havenīt done yet any things with it.I would want to ask how i can get one rotary switch to work example on Course controller.I am reading AnnexII Page 29 but, i donīt get the point how.I would appreciate if someone could meaby draw some example or tell little more detailed.

Best Regards Jouni Turunen :wink:

dnoize
10-15-2006, 04:04 AM
jouni.

How you connect rotaries to the master card depends on the type you use.

Directly to the master card you can only use Grey type rotaries or converted rotary switches.

Al others need the encoder card. Best is to post on the IOcards forum or search their forum. This topic has been discussed many times there including pictures and schematics.

Stef

Jouni
10-15-2006, 06:17 AM
jouni.

How you connect rotaries to the master card depends on the type you use.

Directly to the master card you can only use Grey type rotaries or converted rotary switches.

Al others need the encoder card. Best is to post on the IOcards forum or search their forum. This topic has been discussed many times there including pictures and schematics.

Stef

Ok thanks,i checked Opencockpits forum and there is very much information.Just want to ask if i want to use that rotary to change Speed value,what is the rotary what i need?

dnoize
10-15-2006, 08:10 AM
it does not matter what type of rotary you use for that function. As long as you configure it right in the software.

Opencockpits sells relatively cheap rotaries with push (3 euros i think) that can be connected directly to the mastercard. You can use those.

Stef