PDA

View Full Version : Hi resolution photo gallery

phil744
01-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Hello....

Just been thinking (be afraid) to my self and wondering if we could have a separate photo gallery that contains only hi resolution images of flight deck interiors?

With this I mean no pictures of our setups purely photos from real flight decks to reference from for our own builds in high resolution with plenty of detail? I know I have a few I would like to upload but I don’t want them reducing in size to 640X480 pixels.

I know myself I spend every night on airliners.net of jetphotos.net but I always find that the pictures on there always look the same from the same old angle and are low in resolution by today’s camera standards, pictures like under the glare shield, down by the tiller, looking down to the rudder pedals, maintenance panels, behind the yoke things like that, really odd angles that you don’t normally see until you have to make it and realise you have no idea what it should look like.

I can understand there may be issues with file space and bandwidth on the MYC server but it’s just a thought, what do you think? <o></o>

Phil

Trevor Hale
01-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Hey Phil...

Great idea, and I don't think there is any issues with bandwidth or space..

Let me have a look around and see how we could best deal with this idea.

I agree, Just plain Aviation Photo's "High Res"

Gimmie a few, and I will get back to you.

Trev

phil744
01-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Cool:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

phil744
01-20-2009, 04:50 PM
things like this, but decent enough so we can actually read the measuring tape..

http://pages.videotron.com/alain737/dimensions/dimensions.htm

Trevor Hale
01-20-2009, 04:59 PM
The Ball is already Rolling.. Lets see how far it can go!

Trev

fordgt40
01-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Trevor, Phil

A great idea, many thanks for the suggestion - it will be a great boon for builders

Regards

David

Efe Cem Elci
01-20-2009, 07:14 PM
Would be good if we could incorporate some detailed categorization and information (whenever available of course) as opposed to photos just being classified as a 737ng or Airbus 320.

Matt Olieman
01-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Phil, what would you consider High Res. ?

Matt Olieman

phil744
01-20-2009, 09:31 PM
erm, to be honest i dont know, anything above 1024X768 but somwhere we can upload our photos without them being re sized..

Deesystems
01-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Team,

High rez image gallery..

Hummm.....

I think i have a thought...

Im going to set up a alpha Hi rez gallery and see where it goes.

Submit applications to test to Matt or Trevor.

Dee

Trevor Hale
01-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Hey Phil

Doesn't look like were going to be able to do much with a proprietary photo galley.

We can increase the size of the photos allowed in the existing gallery, and feel free to post in the new section created for the images you speak of.

Hope that will do for now.

Posted via Mobile Device

Team,

High rez image gallery..

Hummm.....

I think i have a thought...

Im going to set up a alpha Hi rez gallery and see where it goes.

Submit applications to test to Matt or Trevor.

Dee

Posted via Mobile Device

Matt Olieman
01-21-2009, 07:19 AM
The max size for photo uploads now are 1 meg, 1024 X 1024.

That's a pretty good image, and a steady hand when taking a pic will allow you to zoom in with quality, otherwise it's blurry and just becomes wasted space used.

Matt Olieman

phil744
01-21-2009, 08:00 AM
Nice one guys, it will be good to put scanned images of real panels in there aswell, i will have to dig deep in my photo collection later..

Just one observation, will it be possable to put sub sections in there to be more AC specific, i.e. 737 pics, 747 pics, do it that way it should save some bandwith aswell, no point looking at 747 pics when i want 737 stuff..

Cheers guys, lets see how it goes.

Matt Olieman
01-21-2009, 08:16 AM
I've added sub categories to the Airbus and Boeing.

I can add more, just PM me (Matt Olieman) to let me know what category you want.

Matt Olieman