PDA

View Full Version : Carb Heat Switch

GARich
01-20-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi,
Does anyone have any experience of making a carb heat switch for a Cessna 172? Please bear in mind I'm an absolute newbie at constructing such things! Any hints, tips, blueprints, (items for sale!) would be gratefully received. :)

Thanks
Richard

No Longer Active
01-20-2009, 10:54 AM
i think i can help you as i have my cessna 182 flight deck with these switches n stuff

Please PM me your email address and i will help you out, alternatively i will PM you my email address, and will be able to tell you how to do this plus loads more!

Check your PM box!

Thanks

Alex

fweinrebe
01-20-2009, 12:25 PM
i think i can help you as i have my cessna 182 flight deck with these switches n stuff

Please PM me your email address and i will help you out, alternatively i will PM you my email address, and will be able to tell you how to do this plus loads more!

Alex, how about creating a tutorial for the tutorial section? I might use it for the PC9M's Park brake lever etc. A lot of people can benefit from it.

No Longer Active
01-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Thats a very good idea,

Give me a few days to sort it out and hopefully i will have the tutorial written!

Look for my post in a few days!

Cheers

Alex

GARich
01-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but would a 12v motor car switch be suitable for use in a panel? I've seen just the one on e-bay.

No Longer Active
01-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Yeah this will work if you want to buy something already made, just thought you wanted to make one?

A switch is a switch, if its on/off then it will work!

GARich
01-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Sure, but for £2.50. I could never resist a bargain! Plus, I'm getting lazy in my old age :D

EB Item number: 130277888076 v http://www.simkits.com/product.php?prodid=537

Kerbo
01-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Hi,
Does anyone have any experience of making a carb heat switch for a Cessna 172? Please bear in mind I'm an absolute newbie at constructing such things! Any hints, tips, blueprints, (items for sale!) would be gratefully received. :)

Thanks
Richard

I plan on using an automotive push/pull switch for my GA carb heat. You can find these push/pull switches at most well-stocked auto parts stores (in US, not sure about elsewhere). I might end up making a custom knob if the stock knob doesn't look good enough.

I'll try to remember to post a pic when I get my switch mounted.

GARich
01-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Thanks,
I had the same idea after starting this thread.
I found this one on Ebay UK for £2.50 which should do the job.

http://www.seething-airfield.com/pushpull.jpg

It almost identical to the SimKits one. For some unbelievable reason this will only work with the CCU in configuration for the Helicopter set up, not fixed wing!