PDA

View Full Version : Another one bites the dust! :)

NicD
10-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Hi everyone. I've been lurking around here for a few months and thought it was time to introduce myself. This week marks the beginning of my cockpit project ... wait for it .... yes - another 737NG! :) I've been casually planning this for a couple of years now, keeping a close eye on others work and emerging products.

I've taken 6 months off work to complete some study and to do this project, so the timeframe will (hopefully!) be rather compressed. So this week I'm finalisng my design and gear, and about to start buying and ordering things. My credit card is about to explode in a ball of fire! :shock:

I've learned alot from this site and various builders already. Ian Cameron (Australia) and Ian Sissions (UK) have been an inspiration and a help thus far. Luckily I live only 30 minutes away from Ian Cameron (featured buillder on this site) and I've enjoyed a couple of flights in his 767 sim. We look forward to crewing both the 767 and the 737 in the future!

I'm currently building my project website and will put up a link when it comes online. I'll share as much as I can about plans, progress etc. FYI - I've put together a price comparison of all the major supplier parts for the 737NG - including prices with currency conversion. Without this I thought I was going to lose my mind trying to keep track of all the options and costs. I'll make the spreadsheet available on the site for others to use.

That's it for now - I look forward to lots more involvement here

cheers

Nic D'Alessandro
(Hobart, Australia)

Matt Olieman
10-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Nic, Welcome aboard. I look forward toward your progress. There's lot's of experience here, to help and support you along the way. Some important advice.... take pictures from the first day you start :) I'll look forward to seeing them.

Bob Reed
10-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Hey Nic. Nice to see our group of sickies growing! :shock: I hope you share what you are doing with us as you go. The folks here are always ready to help. There is a lot of good info here and that is growing on a daily basis. Glad to have you on board!

Westozy
10-17-2006, 04:29 AM
Yeah more Aussies, that's the way. G'day and welcome to IFSBI

Gwyn

737NUT
11-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Welcome to the 737 club! I hope you don't plan on using FDS parts since you are working in such a small time frame! I waited a year on some panels and never got them.

Anyways, if you need anything, shoot me an e-mail. I have a real cockpit i've made into a 737NG sim that is about 80% complete.
Rob

NicD
11-12-2006, 07:33 AM
737NUT - thanks mate.

Nothing from FDS, but the whole choosing, ordering, paying process has taken SO much time (as in total hours). However, all going well I'll have all my gear received by late December. My panels are from Symulatory in Poland and Hispa in Spain. I'll update everyone on what their delivery performance and quality is like once it's all been delivered (also getting gear from Engravity, CPFlight and OpenCockpits)

BTW - is your site down at the moment? Said 'under construction'

cheers

737NUT
11-12-2006, 11:08 AM
737NUT - thanks mate.

Nothing from FDS, but the whole choosing, ordering, paying process has taken SO much time (as in total hours). However, all going well I'll have all my gear received by late December. My panels are from Symulatory in Poland and Hispa in Spain. I'll update everyone on what their delivery performance and quality is like once it's all been delivered (also getting gear from Engravity, CPFlight and OpenCockpits)

BTW - is your site down at the moment? Said 'under construction'

cheers

Site is fixed. Thanks! Not sure what happened. Now i just need to update it. :)

Matt Olieman
11-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Rob, what's your site address.. I misplaced it.... OOPS :oops:

737NUT
11-12-2006, 01:50 PM
www.737nut.com

Matt Olieman
11-12-2006, 02:36 PM
I should of remembered that :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thank you :)