PDA

View Full Version : Navigraph update but CDU doesn't show new dates

Ray Proudfoot
01-17-2009, 01:15 PM
I've installed the 0901 Navigraph files for the CDU but when I load the CDU it only shows dates up to 14 Jan which is the last day of the 0813 cycle.

Which file contains the dates used by the CDU? Has anyone else had a problem with this cycle?

ian@737ng.co.uk
01-17-2009, 11:56 PM
hello ray.....
i installed the 0901 cycle yesterday without any difficulty. it's showing Jan15 -Feb11/09.
the installer should make a backup copy of your existing files, so try a re-install. we all know there's nothing more unpredictable than computers.
if no joy, try navigraph support, they are excellent.....
good luck and have a great day...
rgds ... ian

Ray Proudfoot
01-18-2009, 05:50 AM
Hi Ian,

When you say "the installer" what installer is that? The Navigraph instructions say to extract all files to the CDU parent folder and that is what I've done.

Is that what you did?

I've also tried placing them directly in the CDU\Data folder but I still can't see Jan 15 - Feb 11 in the CDU.

Peter Dowson
01-18-2009, 07:11 AM
When you say "the installer" what installer is that? The Navigraph instructions say to extract all files to the CDU parent folder and that is what I've done.

You are using Project Magenta. I know Ian isn't -- he's probably using the PMDG data set -- right, Ian?

Seems that whoever built the 0901 files for PM forgot to update the internal version and date info. I've not idea where or how that's encoded in the PM format. The only thing you can do is report the discrepancy to Navigraph as Ian suggests.

I'm still on 0813. No time to fly in the last few weeks in any case, and probably not for a few more yet, so it won't affect me! But you need to point it out, please, so they don't forget next time! ;-)

Regards

Pete

fweinrebe
01-18-2009, 07:13 AM
Ray, which CDU / Product are you installing the Airac for? Normally you only specify the Flight Simulator directory and the installer program does the rest.

Ray Proudfoot
01-18-2009, 07:23 AM
Hi Pete,

That would explain the problem hopefully. I have reported the problem to Navigraph so hopefully they'll take a look at it.

The 0901 cycle is causing the CDU to crash when I enter the last segment of this plan - VEBIT T50 ROTOS UZ669 MILPA UN869 RUSIK. I'll try it with 0813.

When I hear from Navigraph I'll post here.

Ray Proudfoot
01-18-2009, 07:26 AM
Ray, which CDU / Product are you installing the Airac for? Normally you only specify the Flight Simulator directory and the installer program does the rest.

Fritz,

The Boeing CDU. PM has its own installation procedure as you're probably aware. Nothing goes in the FS folder. I don't use any installer, PM does it itself.

ian@737ng.co.uk
01-18-2009, 07:34 AM
hi ray...
sorry i automatically assumed that all the navigraph navdata downloads had the built in installer.
pete is quite correct, i am using the PMDG downloads which auto install.
however, if you have contacted navigraph, you will find their support very good. i have had a couple of exchanges with them in the past and they have always done the biz quickly.
sorry about the misunderstanding...good luck... ian

fweinrebe
01-18-2009, 07:56 AM
PM has its own installation procedure as you're probably aware. Nothing goes in the FS folder. I don't use any installer, PM does it itself.

I did the same assumption as Ian. All the installs I used installed in the MSFS folder. I'm not using PM.

Iv'e installed 0901 on Wilco/FT and had no problems there. Maybe it is just the PM's 0901 package.

Ray Proudfoot
01-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Ian / Fritz,

No worries. There's so many combos it's easy to make assumptions.

There's been quite a few posts on Navigraph support regarding this cycle so it does rather suggest there may have been a cock-up (technical term). ;)

No reply so far.

ralmav
01-18-2009, 12:02 PM
Hi Ray,

I have the same problem regarding the wrong active date.
I use PM and the Boeing-Suite too.
I replied to your post in the Navigraph-Forum.
Hope they fix it.

Ray Proudfoot
01-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Hi Ray,

I have the same problem regarding the wrong active date.
I use PM and the Boeing-Suite too.
I replied to your post in the Navigraph-Forum.
Hope they fix it.

Hi Ralf,

Thank you for confirming the problem. I'm sure Navigraph will get it sorted, hopefully soon.

Could you do me a favour and enter this plan into the CDU and advise if the final entry causes the CDU to crash? I get the problem with 0901 and 0813.

Departure airport is LSZH and arrival is GCLP.

VEBIT T50 ROTOS UZ669 MILPA UN869 RUSIK

Many thanks.

abril
01-18-2009, 04:45 PM
I also have the same problem.
Greetings.
Israel Abril Fernández

ralmav
01-19-2009, 05:50 AM
Ray,
I will check it this evening.

ralmav
01-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Hi Ray,
just checked your Flightplan:

Departure airport is LSZH and arrival is GCLP.
VEBIT T50 ROTOS UZ669 MILPA UN869 RUSIK

Same happened to me.
After entering RUSIK i have a CDU crash:

"Runtime-Error 9
Subscript out of range"

:???:

Ray Proudfoot
01-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Hi Ralf,

Thanks very much for doing this for me. Jonathan and Katy may see this but I think it best I advise them via PM support.

It also happened to me with the 0813 cycle and only PM will know if it's bad data or a problem with the CDU software.

I'll report back when I hear anything.

Thunder175
01-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Hi Ralf,

Thanks very much for doing this for me. Jonathan and Katy may see this but I think it best I advise them via PM support.

It also happened to me with the 0813 cycle and only PM will know if it's bad data or a problem with the CDU software.

I'll report back when I hear anything.

There was an issue a while back with a lot of routes in North America, mostly up through Canadian airspace that were causing crashed of the CDU program. This was also the case with some of the transpacific airways. PM was able to fix it for those but I guess the bug in Europe is still there.

Ray Proudfoot
01-19-2009, 07:18 PM
There was an issue a while back with a lot of routes in North America, mostly up through Canadian airspace that were causing crashed of the CDU program. This was also the case with some of the transpacific airways. PM was able to fix it for those but I guess the bug in Europe is still there.

With a bit of luck they can sort out these problems for Europe although I should say in the interests of fairness this is the first problem of this kind I've had.

JonathanRichardson
01-22-2009, 06:45 AM
With a bit of luck they can sort out these problems for Europe although I should say in the interests of fairness this is the first problem of this kind I've had.

Hi

Both Enrico and I tried this seperately and did not get a runtime error. Perhaps at this stage we need an exact procdure, i.e. step by step again I'm afraid in case there is one sequence we are doing differently this end - although I can't quite figure what that might be so far as I tried a few different procedures yesturday again in the sim.

Please post the actual procedure to support though, if you come up with one that will always generate the error, and of course the exact navcycle again for our reference. Thank you.

Regards
Jonathan Richardson

Ray Proudfoot
01-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Hi

Both Enrico and I tried this seperately and did not get a runtime error. Perhaps at this stage we need an exact procdure, i.e. step by step again I'm afraid in case there is one sequence we are doing differently this end - although I can't quite figure what that might be so far as I tried a few different procedures yesturday again in the sim.

Please post the actual procedure to support though, if you come up with one that will always generate the error, and of course the exact navcycle again for our reference. Thank you.

Regards
Jonathan Richardson

Hi Jonathan,

I have just sent PM support a message detailing the steps to generate this error. For the benefit of others this was the message:

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CRay%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoPlainText, li.MsoPlainText, div.MsoPlainText {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Courier New"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> [I]As requested here are the steps I take to reproduce the crash on the CDU.<o></o><o></o>
The position of the aircraft is LSZH.<o></o>
On the Route screen I enter LSZH in 1L.<o></o>
Runway chosen is 16.<o></o>
I enter GCLP in 1R.<o></o>
Runway chosen is 03R.<o></o>
Click Activate.<o></o>
Click Exec.<o></o>
Press Dep/Arr and select VEBI2S. VEBIT is selected as the sole transition. Press Route.<o></o>
Enter T50.ROTOS in 5L. Press Next Page.<o></o>
Enter UZ669.MILPA in 1L.<o></o>
Enter UN869.RUSIK in 2L. This immediately causes Run-time error '9'. Subscript out of range.<o></o>
<o></o>
CDU is version 1.1.0.400 created on 24 August 2008. Navigraph cycle is 0901 supplied earlier this week.<o></o>