PDA

View Full Version : Enquiry/Request

James A
01-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Hi Guy's,

Well finally got around to visiting and posting. I know that this will probably not be possible but at present it sort of works but the speeds etc are way off.

Although the PM software was designed for heavies it can work with prop aircraft. Therefore, my dilemma is this :- Where can I obtain or even go about creating a CDU Type aircraft specific txt file for a C-130.

I know some of you will be thinking "this guy's off his trolley", yep, but sometimes the heavies get a bit boring so fancy a change and I know that the latest C-130's have Glass Cockpits with all the latest singing and dancing gadgets inbuilt. Hence, my request/enquiry.

Thanks and sitting back awaiting your views/suggestions.

Regards,

James.

Trevor Hale
01-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Hi James, if you have a look at the cdu text files, they are easy to edit with your aircraft information. Not to mention Pmsystems, allows you to get creative with the overhead logic.

It is very possible to do what you want, it just will require a bit of patience. and some small concessions.

Mike.Powell
01-15-2009, 11:55 AM
sometimes the heavies get a bit boring so fancy a change and I know that the latest C-130's ...

Ah! Variety, the spice of life...:D:D

Hope to see some pix.

Jackpilot
01-15-2009, 12:04 PM
In the C130 vein there is this one too which could be fun.

C-17 there are some nice flight models out there

James A
01-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Hi James, if you have a look at the cdu text files, they are easy to edit with your aircraft information. Not to mention Pmsystems, allows you to get creative with the overhead logic.

It is very possible to do what you want, it just will require a bit of patience. and some small concessions.

Thanks Trevor. Just been having a look at the entries in the text file earlier, some look relatively straight forward others not so much so :)

I think I may have seen a doc file on PM's site relating to this, will have another look for it later.

Regards,

James.

James A
01-15-2009, 12:31 PM
In the C130 vein there is this one too which could be fun.

C-17 there are some nice flight models out there

Been trawling all over websites and via google etcetera for a C-17 for FSX but to date have not found either a freeware nor payware. Wouldn't mind one to play around on.

Regards,

James.

Jackpilot
01-15-2009, 12:46 PM
FS9 only so far!!

Deesystems
01-15-2009, 02:22 PM
James,

Been trawling all over websites and via google etcetera for a C-17 for FSX but to date have not found either a freeware nor payware. Wouldn't mind one to play around on
Try this one
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=293 (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=293)

Dee

James A
01-15-2009, 03:35 PM
James,

Try this one
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=293 (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=293)

Dee

Thanks Dee, just grabbed it and will try it out later on. Do you have a txt file for it or do you use say the 747 one?

Regards,

James.

James A
02-11-2009, 07:11 AM
Hi Guy's,

Well, I've been trying to do an aircraft txt file specific to the C-130 but trying to understand what/where to obtain a lot of the information required is getting a bit beyond my understanding.

Unless someone within the community can assist me then I may well have to scrap the idea.

Here's hoping someone can help me.

Thanks in anticipation.

James.

fweinrebe
02-11-2009, 07:40 AM
Well, I've been trying to do an aircraft txt file specific to the C-130 but trying to understand what/where to obtain a lot of the information required is getting a bit beyond my understanding.

James, I own an Captain Sim C-130 for FSX and included are 4 handbooks for the C-130. Handbook #4 has 21 pages related to the performance of the C-130. It looks like graphs coming out of the real C130 handbook. Could you not use those graphs to create you own txt file for the PM FMC?

Just an idea, don't know if you tried it already.

James A
02-11-2009, 07:48 AM
James, I own an Captain Sim C-130 for FSX and included are 4 handbooks for the C-130. Handbook #4 has 21 pages related to the performance of the C-130. It looks like graphs coming out of the real C130 handbook. Could you not use those graphs to create you own txt file for the PM FMC?

Just an idea, don't know if you tried it already.

Had a look at them briefly, not very clear but, thanks and will take another look.

Regards,

James.