PDA

View Full Version : My Cessna 182 Flight Sim (So far!)

No Longer Active
01-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Hi Guy's!

I have finally come up with the goods after asking a million questions to the likes of ian / michael / trevor etc.......(they practically made it in theory!)

Its only the first panel such as the avionics switches / yoke / flaps switch / throttle quadrant etc, ive bought some pro pedals now to go with the sim so im dead chuffed with them now, everything is running on my dual core pc running fs2004 with a sapphire ati radeon 3650 hd card and running with FSUIPC and LeoBodnars BU0836 Card (i call it the brain).

Much more to build, but anyway heres the pics so far!

Click this link to go to my photo's:

http://s434.photobucket.com/albums/qq62/alexpilot2008/

Id love to hear what yoo think!

(And yes my girlfriend is crazy enough to let me sqeeze this in our bedroom, bless her!)

Cheers

AP08

tomenglish2000
01-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Looks great.

Well done.

Tom. :D

Trevor Hale
01-09-2009, 12:18 PM
I concur.. Great start... You really are getting the hang of it.. (Just wait until you add the doors to it) what will she say then?

Keep up the good work.

No Longer Active
01-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Hi cheers for the replies!

The minute the doors go on i'll add the wings too! haha!

Cheers

AP08

Michael Carter
01-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Very nice set-up and a great learning experience I'm sure.

ian@737ng.co.uk
01-09-2009, 01:54 PM
hi alex....
two things to mention......soon there will be a parking brake in it and more importantly
(sorry i couldn't resist this) doesn't your girlfriend prefer you squeezing her in the bedroom?
enjoy your weekend and i'll get the PB box away to you tomorrow.
rgds... ian

No Longer Active
01-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Hi Ian,

Yeah cheers for the reply! Thats true, i will be adding your parking break into another panel that im going build just under the throttle quad and ive just bought a black 4" plastic wheel which im going to make into a trim wheel, just like what they have done on Desktop Aviator, As for the gauges, thats another story, but slowly slowly, bit by bit! I think by the time i have finnished i will cut-out with a CNC machine the whole cessna 182 mcp (not just half a panel) using thin aloy sheet or something and make the whole cockpit a complete replica.....and as soon as i move out of my flat to a house with a garden then the 737 starts (and i dont care if it takes 10 years! atleast i have 10 years to learn how to fly it!)

IAN: your right about the gf thing! lol !

Cheers!

Alex

AP08

ian@737ng.co.uk
01-09-2009, 02:41 PM
alex.....
the bride just shouted me 'if you don't come now, your dinner will be in the dog', but if i remember tomorrow, i'll send you an encoder as well as the PB box. dont use an axis for the trim. way too sensitive. connecting an encoder to the BU0836 (and the x board) and assigning it in FSUIPC to the trim is much more accurate.
if you're unsure how to do it, PM or EM me and i'll go thru it with you.
sorry for such a quick reply, but there's no way the dog's having my dinner..... :o)
cheers ... ian

No Longer Active
01-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Ian,

Again thanks alot for all your help, i wouldnt of known about the sensitivity issue if you'd not mentioned it, i never had any idea that a trim wheel would be too sensitive on an axis! Again cheers for the encoder! I may have to ask you a few questions when i set it up as i am no way as experienced as dealing with setting up things like this!

Many many thanks!

Ian saves the day............again!

Go eat your dinner pal, mines cooking up nicely and my gf wants the pc now so im off too!

Nice one Ian!

AP08

colt45
01-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Alex,

I have been following your posts closely as I am about to get started on a GA pit myself ; probably based on a 172 but not necessarily a "replica". Just ordered my BU0836X board and can't wait for it to get here so I can start playing around. Will try a few switches to start and see how it goes. Also planning on putting together a GPS complete with small lcd screen some day.

Will keep tabs on your trim wheel progress as well as that sounds like something that a novice like me could handle to get my feet wet.

Cheers, Dave

No Longer Active
01-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Hi,

I know that Leo is shipping the BU0836's quite quickly at the momment so now is the perfect time to buy! As you can see that 2 months ago i had nothing more than a yoke and an old dell pc, now i have plenty of stuff that i have made and brand new pc system and display, all thanks to everyone on this forum!

With the GPS i have already started making mine! I'll upload a pic for you onto my photo bucket of the fascia!

You'll be amazed at how much you learn by trial and error! Just ask plenty of questions on here!

If you need any advice or especially anything that i have made thats any use to you, im always at the end of the line to tell you how i made it......or ask Ian lol! (sorry Ian!)

Stay in touch pal!

Alex

AP08

Trevor Hale
01-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Hey guys, seen as we have all had great luck with Leo's card.. I was wondering if you would all do me a favor. Email Leo, and get him on our site. We have all supported him, now maybe he could come join our community. So with that being said, if you get the chance, please take a couple minutes and email him and ask him to come and join in the fun.

I emailed him once, and got no reply, so perhaps I didn't make myself clear to him what we were about.

Thanks Guys, and enjoy your eats.

Trev

No Longer Active
01-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Hi Trevor!

You say you have emailed him once? Leo's the sort of guy where you have to email him 10 times to get 1 reply, just keep to the 10:1 ratio with emailing him haha!

I know that he done the I/O card thing as a hobby alongside his main job hence why it took him ages to reply to emails, send out cards etc (he must be knackered doing his main job and the leo card thing on top etc), but he has mentioned that he has now lost his day job and that's why all of a sudden he is concentrating on the LeoBodnar card thing, like answering all emails, getting cards sent out promptly and responding to posts on him forum etc, so make the most out of him while hes about coz it wont be long before he gets a day job again and the Leo Bodnar I/O card hobby business becomes second in-line!

Emailing him now is the best time to contact him, i'll email the chap for you Trevor, no worries at all!

Cheers!

Alex

AP08

AndyT
01-10-2009, 01:46 AM
I've asked him to come join us here a couple of times. Never got a response.

No Longer Active
01-10-2009, 09:11 AM
I guess he just wants to keep himself to himself!

Nothing wrong with that i guess!

Give the man some cred, he prob does run 50% of the worlds sims lol!

AP08

ian@737ng.co.uk
01-10-2009, 01:07 PM
chaps, good day.......
i actually have quite a good relationship with leo (but i haven't heard from him in a while),
so i guess he is too busy, has other things to do or is more interested in beer or girls (i remember beer and girls but it seems so long ago).
i remember he used to come on over, so i went and looked him up.
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/member.php?u=3543
so i guess management can track him if he comes in from time to time.
great character and a great product. the last time i got a mail from him, he was so busy, he didn't know which way to turn.
next time i contact him, i'll mention it...
enjoy your weekend captains... ian

No Longer Active
01-11-2009, 08:13 AM
When i bought my BU0836 board off leo i remember when it was delivered and looked at how much it cost for him to post it........53p......He charged me £5!

Cheeky Leo!