PDA

View Full Version : undocking windows

Mr. Midnight
01-07-2009, 02:47 PM
hello folks im back at simming with several monitors and i need to ask a question if i can.

my set up is a E8500 cpu, 9800gtx+. gigabyte MB, 4 gigs of ram.

i have the analog thr2go and another monitor hooked up on the other output.

on one of the pci slots i have a cheap vid card so that i can hook up another monitor.
so total so far is five view three being with th2go, one with 9800 gtx+ and the last one on a old pci card.

all is working well and i can move my cursor anywhere on any screen.

so the question i have is undocking windows and them staying put upon return to the game.

im using fs9 and level d 767.

when im in windowed mode i then undock my windows and i then move them to screens that i want.
seem s to work , but how do i get it to stay put .

it will work some of the time .

for instance when i drag a undocked fmc to another monitor (which by the way is on the cheap vid card ) and then go back to windowed mode it goes back to the main screen.

if i remember there is also a limit to how many you can undock also .

so can you save it upon return and how do you get it to stay on the first time you undock it.

Tthanks .........Robert

andarlite
01-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Hi Robert

Once you have all your panels setup the way you want, you need to saved that as a situation. I usually load this same situation when I want to fly the 767, then after that I setup for the airport I want, weather, time, etc.

for instance when i drag a undocked fmc to another monitor (which by the way is on the cheap vid card ) and then go back to windowed mode it goes back to the main screen.

Not quite sure what you mean here....you can only drag an undock panel in window mode...... did you mean when you go back to full screen mode that the panel goes back to the main? Because that's what happens to me when I switch to full screen mode. All I do then is right mouse click on that panel (FMC for example) and select undock. The FMC would then revert back to the monitor I had drag it to when I was in window mode. Hope this makes sense.

Regards,
Henry