PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Monitors with USB to VGA?

totalflyer
01-07-2009, 11:42 AM
I was walking around Tigerdirect yesterday when I came across this box which allowed you to connect it to your USB and get another VGA signal.

It was about $80CAD or so and I thought at least for the mean time it might be an alternative to getting the new video card right now.

Has anyone used one of these or know anything about these?
Would this handle the graphics of Flight Sim? I am looking at using it
to split the outside visuals and the MIP etc to get my sim up and running.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,
Jeff

brynjames
01-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Got a link Jeff?

--
Bryn

No Longer Active
01-07-2009, 02:43 PM
i would of thought that if it was a usb device then you will need to think of the data transfer rate of the usb device, which in general a vga cable/port will tranfer data at much higher speed than what a usb device could, so in term i think it might be a dampener and although it may work 'ok' in flight sim it certainly wouldnt be something long term, but for how long would you be able to put-up with it for, talking about the slower transfer rate as compared to vga, personally i would just buy a grahics card out right i mean you could buy a graphics card such as the 512MB ATI Radeon HD 3650 PCI-E card which has 2 outputs allowing 2 monitors for the price of this USB device and that card will be more than adaquate!

Something to consider!

Alex

AP08

fweinrebe
01-07-2009, 03:39 PM
We had a similar discussion about the LG screens that works with USB.

See the thread: http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14019.

totalflyer
01-08-2009, 03:58 AM
Thanks for the feedback on this... I think you guys are right I'm better of to just buy the dual monitor video card and go from there...

Thanks and Cheers,

Jeff