PDA

View Full Version : Learsim update

Per Alm
01-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Hello!
First of all I hope you all had a nice holiday.
We have been working hard on our Learjet simulator last week and our shell is coming along nicely. I donīt have any pictures yet but I will post as soon as I can. Our shell will not be as thouroughly handcrafted as Ron Rollo's BEAUTIFUL shell, but it looks really nice on the inside. Still a lot of work left to be done.
We also started to work on checkslists and speedcharts for our simulator. They are not exact replicas of the Learjet 45 original checklists. It's more like "custom made checklists" based on the FS2004 Learjet 45 with our airfile installed.

Feel free to comment!!

Here are the files and a picture showing the speedchart.
If someone out there wants to use the files, edit the files to match their own simulator or remove our Learsim header, it's fine with Me. Or maybe this post just give some of you fellow builders an idea how to make your own checklists.

Best Regards

Per Alm

Per Alm
01-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Recent pictures showing the lower portion of the shell from the inside. The floor and lower part of the sidewalls are covered with a carpet.
One of the pictures show the overall shape of the cockpit from the inside. The glareshield panel is a mock up. We'll work on that one shortly.
The panel in front of the throttle quadrant is our ATC-RMU ("air traffic control radio management unit").
The pedals are from CH-products and they are installed into the floor and covered by the carpet.

Best Regards

Per Alm

motion2
01-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Simply fabulous work. I'm speechless.

Mike KLMT

ivar hestnes
01-11-2009, 06:25 PM
WOW:shock:

That is awesome. Very nice setup. And it really show that you have planned the simulator well.

Congratulations with a fantastic result:)

TasKiNG
01-11-2009, 07:29 PM
That looks fantastic, Beautifully laid out.

XOrionFE
01-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Very Nice Per!

Adino
01-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Very nice setup!!:cool:

Michael Carter
01-11-2009, 10:55 PM
That's a great LearJet. Very clean lines.

Per Alm
01-12-2009, 02:13 AM
Thank you all for your kind words!

This place is truly awsome!
I got many ideas for our pit by just watching pics from your projects.
And if one needs some advise or suggestions or help solving a problem this is the place to go for answers!!

Thank you!

Kennair
01-12-2009, 03:48 AM
WOW! What more can I say? Those panels are sweet!

Thanks for the update Per and I look forward to more. It's posts like these that inspire and raise the enthusiasm to press on with our own sims.

Ken.

Per Alm
01-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Here is a set of more detailed photos of the throttle and some of our panels. I couldn't find a pic showing the MCP in detail but I'll try to post pics of the MCP in a few days. I think I have to organize my photoalbums;)

Regards

Per Alm

Tomlin
01-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Great photos there Per! Youve done some neat things with your project.

Per Alm
01-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks Eric!
I'm looking forward to see the panels from Joe and when you get all that sweet instruments into your fantastic shell. I looked att Joe's site and the pictures of his coming panels are stunning.

I still have some problems uploading files to our Hanger 45 forum. I must be doing something wrong I guess. :(

/ Per

project 727
01-14-2009, 02:09 AM
Hello Per

Thanks for showing us your beautiful LEARSIM photos. Please keep us all posted with your future updates!!! I will surly be a frequent flyer to your web page!

Wishing you and your team Continued Success
And Tailwinds Always!!

Joe Maldonado
PROJECT 727
www.xsn.net/project727 (http://www.xsn.net/project727)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEyOP_pb3gQ

Per Alm
01-15-2009, 05:13 AM
Hello!
First I would like to thank Joe for your kind words. Your project is very impressive. It's nice to see a collegue out there. I thought I was the only doctor in this "business of madness".;)

Also please take a look at this baby!!

http://www.4pisr.se/AllFullScreen.php?id=MetropolitanSimulator

She's located at the air museum, one kilometer from my home.
I have the oppurtunity to take her into the virtual skies from time to time and it's fantastic to fly this little baby.
At the museum they also have a SAAB J35 Draken simulator and a DC-10 simulator but also a lot of flying aircrafts both civil and military.

http://www.flygmuseum.com/

Best Regards

Per Alm

Kennair
01-15-2009, 06:02 AM
That is awesome!

You're very fortunate to have such close access to these marvels.

Ken

Per Alm
01-25-2009, 12:01 PM
Hello!
We have a new download page on www.learsim.com

This may be of interest for some of you bizjet builders out there.

Regards

Per Alm

warvet
01-25-2009, 10:14 PM
Hey Per,
Man I have watched you build this thing from Day 1 and WOW! it looks absolutely amazing. You guys have done a really fantastic job. I can not wait to see how it turns out because this really is a hard act to follow. Keep up the awesome work my friend. You truly set the bar in GA and Small Bus Jet sim building :)

All best Your Mate in Canada West
Tim
A340 1/2 ;)<<(!/2 because i can't let go completely of the stupid thing its an addiction thats worse than drugs and costs more lol.

Kennair
01-26-2009, 01:20 AM
Thanks Per, I've started taking a further interest in the Lear after seeing yours and other Lear builders here. I recently bought the Friendly Panels Lear45 suite for FSX as the default gauges leaves a little to be desired. It's a nice upgrade (although nothing like the PMRJ suite), however the air file is still pretty unstable I find. I'm going to try your FS9 version in the FSX model to see how it goes.

Ken.

Per Alm
01-26-2009, 03:44 AM
Thank you guys!:D
It's very nice to here that the "Learjet simulator family" is growing. Hopefully this leads to the development of more software and hardware for this type of aircraft.
I think of Joe Cygans panels for Learjet and CRJ which I understand is coming along nicely. And they are really sweet!! Also I hope there will be more upgrades to the PMRJ software from PM.

There are some very promising projects going on among the members of Hangar 45, both software and hardware. Please visit:

http://www.hangar45.net/

Regards

Per Alm

Kennair
01-27-2009, 12:41 AM
Just an update on your airfile Per. It worked fine in FSX and added stability.

Ken.

Per Alm
01-27-2009, 12:58 AM
Hello Ken!
Good to hear that it works!

Did you have to do any modifications??

I'm interested in trying it myself.:)

Regards

Per Alm

Kennair
01-27-2009, 01:11 AM
You can use the airfile as is, just rename the old one and pop in yours, however the aircraft.cfg file couldn't due to lots of extra parameters added to the FSX version that they don't have in FS9. I just opened the two files and transposed the changes to the FSX version and voila.

I followed up with a few flights and there doesn't appear to be any conflict, however you are much more familiar with the Lear than I am so perhaps a good idea to test it fully.

Ken.