PDA

View Full Version : Problems with MyCockpit's site availability

oal331
01-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Hi,

during last months (i really don't remember how many), i have problems with MyCockpit's site availability.
I thought it has to done with my ISP, but i also noticed the same problems with another ADSL connection in another pc & network.

The problem is that i have the MyCockpit available for some minutes (2-3mins), then i lost it for another 2-5 mins. During this slot of time, i can't see anything from MyCockpit, like is not available.

i.e: i read a thread, i press to reply, i write the message then pushing the submit, 90% i don't have a connection with MyCockpit. I have to wait about 2-5 mins, before try again and make the post.

I don't have such problems with any other site.

Anyone else noticed this problem?

regards

mpl330
01-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Yep me too and Bill (Holclo) - I was trying to test to see if it was related to Avast anti virus which we had both started using - do you use it?

Cheers
Mike

HansJansen
01-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Yep me too and Bill (Holclo) - I was trying to test to see if it was related to Avast anti virus which we had both started using - do you use it?

Cheers
Mike
Hi guys,

I use the avast! viruschecker continually and I never had any problems with the site - must be something else then...

Lots of luck in the new year!

oal331
01-06-2009, 05:27 PM

Cheers
Mike

Yes i have Avast installed last 3-4months......
Before Avast, i had AVG.....

I could disable some Avast's functions to test it......:neutral:

thanks

mpl330
01-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Hmm - for me the latest version of AVG caused IE to lock up every 10 minutes (or so it seemed) hence why I changed to Avast - for every other site except MyCockpit Avast is a great antivirus...
Cheers
Mike

oal331
01-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Hmm - for me the latest version of AVG caused IE to lock up every 10 minutes (or so it seemed) hence why I changed to Avast - for every other site except MyCockpit Avast is a great antivirus...
Cheers
Mike

Mike,

i disabled the "On-Access Protection" and i still have the same problems.

The same IE's problems with Opera and Google Chrome web-browsers.

These last days, the problem is bigger.

mpl330
01-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Wonder if it is reporting it as 'false positive' and preventing the access????
No other site seems to cause this problem and I even added the url into the 'ignore' list and it still failed me:neutral: another pc without Avast seems to be working fine... Would like to find a solution for it.
Mike

oal331
01-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Wonder if it is reporting it as 'false positive' and preventing the access????
No other site seems to cause this problem and I even added the url into the 'ignore' list and it still failed me:neutral: another pc without Avast seems to be working fine... Would like to find a solution for it.
Mike

From the moment you replied again, i don't have a problem.
Maybe by luck, maybe because i disabled ALL Avast's functions from "On-Access Protection", then closed ALL running programs, IE included and when running again IE i can navigate into MyCockpit with no problem.

The only problem, is that i don't have protyection now....:neutral:

Will check again tomorrow.........

AndyT
01-06-2009, 07:12 PM
It's not any Anti-virus or Firewall. At least I don't think so. I have been having the same problem and I use Kaspersky.
The site will be up and running and the next moment it drops and I cant get back in for up to an hour.

I think it has something to do with the hosting server. There are too many of us with the same problems with too many different versions of security for it to be caused by that.

fweinrebe
01-07-2009, 03:16 AM
I agree with Andy, it is not an antivirus problem. It is more of a hosting problem. Could also be a locking problem of the database running in the background. Or if the web runs on a shared server, it could be that the other websites on the same server is using most of the available bandwidth.

Mostly I get the same problem when trying to post something.

oal331
01-07-2009, 04:10 AM
fweinrebe & AndyT

thanks for replies, if this is thruth and there is nothing wrong from user's side, MyCockpit's admin, need to check it from their side, if there is a hardware or software or hosting issue.

Regards

Eddie

AndyT
01-07-2009, 06:50 AM
I've brought this thread to their attention.

Its acting like we hit the hourly bandwidth limit and have to wait till the next hour to get back in.

Holclo
01-07-2009, 07:42 AM
Have been trying to post to say that I am also having the same probs. Ddifficulty posting, can only view 1 or 2 posts before site locks up etc. Keep searching guys.
Bill

Deesystems
01-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Mornnin,

Could the users having troubles with the availibilty of mycockpit.org PM there IP addresse they are connecting from.
If unable to PM me Email me Via: Dee(at)deesystems.net --replace (at) with @ --

I will check the firewall/web logs and see where the issue is

Dee

Deesystems
01-07-2009, 08:52 AM
I've brought this thread to their attention.

Its acting like we hit the hourly bandwidth limit and have to wait till the next hour to get back in.

Andy,

It appears to be the Server firewall, blocking Ip's for port scanning/too many connections.

Dee

PittsburghLever
01-07-2009, 01:16 PM
It is definitely not a anti-virus problem, but certainly a problem at the hosting site. Effectively what is happening is a timeout receiving the data from the server. This is typically, as mentioned, either lack of bandwidth or a server that has been overloaded and cannot respond in time.

Trevor Hale
01-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Guys.

I am sure it has been stated before, but in case you guys are not aware. We do not have a hosting site. we own our own dedicated WEB server. Also, I feel it necessary to say we don't have a problem with Bandwidth.. (We don't even come close to 1/4 of our allotment)

Dee is working to see if there is a way to stop these reported issues. I would like to ask for your patience with us. We are working as fast as we can to locate the issue. If you are having issues, then so are others. and we need it fixed.

Trev

mpl330
01-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Well your server has a clean bill of health from Norton Safe Web's testing...

http://safeweb.norton.com/

I didnt expect anything less!
Cheers
Mike

AndyT
01-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Port scanning. Ah Ha!

What browser is everyone using and what version of Java?
To find out what version of Java you have, go here and look in the pink box.
http://javatester.org/version.html

Mine;
IE = 7.0.5730.13
Java = 1.6.0_11 Sun Microsystems
Win XP Home 32

mpl330
01-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Mine;
IE = 7.0.6000.16764
Java = 1.6.0_07 Sun Microsystems
AV = Avast
OS = Windows Vista Home Premium
Cheers
Mike

AndyT
01-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Good point, OS also.

Some browsers in combination with Java will do an autodetect on the target host for applications available to the public web. Unix and some Linux systems are vunerable to this but MS is immune because of the way they implement the TCP protocol.

Deesystems
01-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Team,
Please post if connection issue is resolved.

Dee

fweinrebe
01-08-2009, 02:48 AM
Dee & Trevor, thanks for your feedback so far and effort to fix the problem.

I just realised that I can remember this problem occurring since the video feed was created for the Worldflight B737 feed. I cannot remember this behaviour of the website before that. Hope this help.

pdpo
01-08-2009, 04:57 AM
Hi all,

I guess this could NOT be a problem of OS nor IE. Why well, simple,
wjen I log in to mycockpit.org from my home ADSL connection I got no issues at all
with the site. Then I connect with the same adsl modem, same laptop, to the VPN of my
work and the mycockpit.org site is out after browsing one or two posts ....

Greetings Peter

Holclo
01-08-2009, 05:05 AM
Dee
Seems to have fixed it for me - have just been surfing this site for 30mins with no problems. Heres hoping and thanks.
Bill

pdpo
01-08-2009, 06:06 AM
Same here,

just ran through some posts via the work connection and problem seems gone...

Greetz Peter

AndyT
01-08-2009, 07:02 AM
Has not given me any trouble so far today.

fweinrebe
01-09-2009, 02:33 AM
I've just had the problem again.

mpl330
01-09-2009, 04:42 AM
So far so good here - I will obviously have to do some more "testing" today!
Thanks
Mike

pdpo
01-13-2009, 04:13 AM
To the sites administrator,

when connecting to mycockpit.org from my PC I have no problem and never had a problem.
when connecting from my PC via the works VPN connection I still have the issue regularly but
it takes a little longer to occur then before. Before I could hardly browse 2 posts, now I can browse several posts before it stops responding

Greetz Peter

Deesystems
01-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Pete,

Could you PM me a tracert report to mycockpit.org

Dee

To the sites administrator,

when connecting to mycockpit.org from my PC I have no problem and never had a problem.
when connecting from my PC via the works VPN connection I still have the issue regularly but
it takes a little longer to occur then before. Before I could hardly browse 2 posts, now I can browse several posts before it stops responding

Greetz Peter

pdpo
01-14-2009, 07:44 AM
Hi there,

traceroute seems to be blocked from the vpn connection, canot get response from the next router after the firewall here. Also when the site works from the browser, the traceroute times out.

Greetings Peter

Matt Olieman
01-14-2009, 07:56 AM
Hi Peter,

From our side we thought the problem was resolved, I guess not. Please send David (Deesystems) your IP address and he'll follow it up.

It seems those that are having problems, most likely have a undetectable Trojan scanning ports. That's the only thing that could be causing this. Once the Trojan scans a certain number of ports (within a certain time frame) the server says "Oh, Oh" and won't let you in anymore. That's why you can go to your work computer or home computer, one works and the other won't.

We're working on it :)

Matt Olieman