PDA

View Full Version : NEW Features whishes for 2009

Jan Pemöller
01-03-2009, 05:12 AM
Hello,

I know that pm is not reading this forum every day, but there is no better place to start a PM wishlist in the world wide net then here ;-)

PMSystem
1. IRS logic handling seperataly LEFT and RIGHT, so that we can use the IRS selector if one system fails.

CDU
1. preselect default THR REDUCTION at ini. file
2. PROG PAGE Fuel calculation not only on every passing waypoint
3. PROG PAGE missing altitude change points (T/C and T/D)
4. PROG PAGE 2/2 missing SAT temperature
5. ENG OUT page
6. TAKE OFF: missing RWY INTERSECT,
7. TAKE OFF 2/2: RWY conditions + slope entrys, working together with Autobrake Pro from Thomas Richter

PFD/ND
1. MISSING Pitch Limit Indication (for 747 it works)
2. MISSING FPV on FO site (new bug?, on CP site it works)
3. MISSING separated Failure Flags, to allow more logic deepness
4. MISSING Traffic, Terrain, Weather Display in expanded APP and VOR mode
5. Testfunktion TCAS, GPWS, NAV

Hope that we will get an easter surprise ....
Fell free to contiune the list ;-)

Best regards
Jan

JonathanRichardson
01-04-2009, 06:17 AM
>1. IRS logic handling seperataly LEFT and RIGHT, so that we can use the IRS selector if one system fails.

Hi

Afraid we probably won't introduce this on private systems, it is of course possible to program the logics yourself for this. Indeed we have this facility in the sim if required to some degree although it is never used in practise at our level (to date).

I will only comment on what I can re your list, other items I have no info on:

>1. preselect default THR REDUCTION at ini. file

Can you explain, this is set in the CDU pre-flight already? Unless you mean something different.

>5. ENG OUT page

This is on our development list. It is actually rather a large development area as we have to also account for the differences in the AFDS system in various modes like TOGA as well.

>6. TAKE OFF: missing RWY INTERSECT,

Yes.

PFD/ND
>1. MISSING Pitch Limit Indication (for 747 it works)

Is it on the 737? I think only certain versions. I would have to cross check that. I thought it was only 747 as such only included in the 747.

Regards
Jonathan Richardson
Project Magenta

RGroebl
01-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Hello,

CDU
- OFFSET would be nice if it works

Regards

Roland

Jan Pemöller
01-04-2009, 09:56 AM
First, thanks Jonathan to answer some points!
Great to hear that someone still works on improvements.

>1. IRS logic handling seperataly LEFT and RIGHT, so that we can use the IRS selector if one system fails.

Hi

Afraid we probably won't introduce this on private systems, it is of course possible to program the logics yourself for this. Indeed we have this facility in the sim if required to some degree although it is never used in practise at our level (to date).

Yes, I could nearly program the logics, but then I need the IRS alligned offset seperataly for CP PFD/ND and for the FO PFD/ND ... is that possible? Here I need your help!

>1. preselect default THR REDUCTION at ini. file
Can you explain, this is set in the CDU pre-flight already? Unless you mean something different.

Yes, normaly the thrustreduction (TAKEOFF --> CLB) is allways at 1500 feet above airfield altitude. This default value is preset at real FMC´s. Im PM FMC it is blank and waiting for inputs.

>5. ENG OUT page

This is on our development list. It is actually rather a large development area as we have to also account for the differences in the AFDS system in various modes like TOGA as well.

GREAT NEWS!

>PFD/ND
>1. MISSING Pitch Limit Indication (for 747 it works)

Is it on the 737? I think only certain versions. I would have to cross check that. I thought it was only 747 as such only included in the 747.

Yes it is definitive on the 737-800 ...

Trevor Hale
01-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Jonathan,

Thanks for popping in here. Great to see you around.

Trev

JonathanRichardson
01-04-2009, 01:49 PM
Yes, normaly the thrustreduction (TAKEOFF --> CLB) is allways at 1500 feet above airfield altitude. This default value is preset at real FMC´s. Im PM FMC it is blank and waiting for inputs.

Hi

The Thrust Reduction is a Boeing Option, there are sops for with and without on the 737. Most have been upgraded to include it. The 1500ft is used, but for now we have this as a manual entry setting. There is no plan to have this as a fixed value at this stage for various reasons, you might have to cope with that one I'm afraid.

>Yes it is definitive on the 737-800 ...[/QUOTE]

Re the Pitch Limit, again, it is actually a Boeing Software Option, it is not on all 737's and not on all 737-800's / 900 / NG either.

Regards
Jonathan Richardson
Project Magenta

Jan Pemöller
01-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Re the Pitch Limit, again, it is actually a Boeing Software Option, it is not on all 737's and not on all 737-800's / 900 / NG either.

Well, of course I can live with it !!!
But could you not copy the 747 option to the 737 suite?
Maybe to set in "on" or "off" with the ini file?

Best regards
Jan

JonathanRichardson
01-04-2009, 05:48 PM
>But could you not copy the 747 option to the 737 suite?
Maybe to set in "on" or "off" with the ini file?

Sure, I expect so at some point if it can be fitted in.

Regards
Jonathan Richardson
Project Magenta