PDA

View Full Version : Another new toy!

Westozy
12-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Hi all,

Santa did well this year and bought me a "Blade CX2" RC helicopter just for something different. Well, if the truth be known I bought my son a pair of small 'combat' RC helicopters for Christmas and they fly so good I became hooked immedietly. I went shopping on boxing day for a more serious version and ended up buying the Blade CX2 for only double the original budget! Three successful missions last night without a prang - touchwood! Great fun...
http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/data/575/Blade_CX2.jpg

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all from Aerosim Solutions! (Gwyn)

Michael Carter
12-28-2008, 10:34 PM
COOL!

How big are those Gwyn?

I was looking at a fan powered foam jet awhile back, a huge A-10, but the support forum for the company didn't speak very highly of them.

I never have flew anything that beat the wind into submission. :D

Westozy
12-28-2008, 11:19 PM
COOL!

How big are those Gwyn?

I was looking at a fan powered foam jet awhile back, a huge A-10, but the support forum for the company didn't speak very highly of them.

I never have flew anything that beat the wind into submission. :D

Hi Mike, it's just over a foot long I would say. AUD$275.00

Google "Blade CX2" there are heaps of hits and this one gets a good rap as a trainer.

Gwyn

Michael Carter
12-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Thanks, I'll have a look see at that.

Happy New Year to you all Down Under. Have a Vegemite sandwhich for me!

Bob Reed
12-29-2008, 12:23 AM
I had one of those. Got pretty good with it too. So I figured it was time to start with a non dual rotor unit. I would not call it a trainer. The single main rotor helos fly NOTHING like the dual main rotor units. Take it from me I have a lot of spare parts on hand for a unit that will no longer fly.

Michael Carter
12-29-2008, 12:28 AM
Ah, no tail rotor to counteract the torque from the main rotor. "I see" said the blind man.

Westozy
12-29-2008, 12:42 AM
I just found these specs on Ebay....

<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Specs
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=Product-ContentText>Main Rotor Diameter: 13.6 in (345mm)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=Product-ContentText>Gross Weight: 8.0 oz (227 g) W/Battery</TD></TR><TR><TD class=Product-ContentText>Length: 16.42 (417mm)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=Product-ContentText>Motor Size: 180 (2 installed)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=Product-ContentText>Control System: 2.4GHz DSM 5-channel (included), 4-in-1 receiver/mixer/ESC/gyro (installed),S60 Super Sub-Micro (2 installed)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Gwyn